Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys,
My mistake.

I did not knew that the newer wii´s dont play DVDr´s.
Both trucha signed wiiware from SD, & USB loader works great!
gbasp.gif

Thanx again TJ_cool for the help,

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
sorry to disturb you mr xzxero.

Everything went alright now.
Thanx! I did installed preloader earlier tonight, so I could install some wads for my friend like Rondo of blood etc without bricking.
I figured all out before installing cIOSCORP in an another thread
wink.gif

So I guess newer wii´s wont play pirated GC games.
At least its regionfree so he can buy US import GC games to get progressive scan mode.
And all the wii games through USB.

crapmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a question. If I simply want to run burnt wii games without updating my software can I do it? I already have HBC set up, with Bootmii installed to boot2 (brick proof, just got to make the nand back up) and Neogamma. I've tried running some games but I get cIos errors, this is when I came to this guide. What would I need to do, with keeping my set up the way it is, to play burnt wii games? Do I really have to go through all the trouble to update it to 4.2 before hand?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
crapmonkey said:
Got a question. If I simply want to run burnt wii games without updating my software can I do it? I already have HBC set up, with Bootmii installed to boot2 (brick proof, just got to make the nand back up) and Neogamma. I've tried running some games but I get cIos errors, this is when I came to this guide. What would I need to do, with keeping my set up the way it is, to play burnt wii games? Do I really have to go through all the trouble to update it to 4.2 before hand?
Just skip the Update 4.2 part and go directly to Modify 4.2 (it works on any version
tongue.gif
)

crapmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
crapmonkey said:
Just skip the Update 4.2 part and go directly to Modify 4.2 (it works on any version
tongue.gif
)

So all I got to do is download the modify.zip, restore the trucha bug (through GP DOP-IOS MOD, which is in the modify.zip, right?) and then install the cios through wad manager and I'm done. Correct?

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't see anything about stub removal for those on 4.2 .. Did I miss something?? Has anyone tried pimp my wii instead of Dop????? Thanks Dudes & Dudettes
unsure.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrRochie said:
Didn't see anything about stub removal for those on 4.2 .. Did I miss something?? Has anyone tried pimp my wii instead of Dop????? Thanks Dudes & Dudettes
unsure.gif
It's there. Read it again:

Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 and start the stub removal process if any are installed.

crapmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
crapmonkey said:
So all I got to do is download the modify.zip, restore the trucha bug (through GP DOP-IOS MOD, which is in the modify.zip, right?) and then install the cios through wad manager and I'm done. Correct?
Yes
smile.gif

Thanks, man. I was going a bit crazy after figuring out my Wii couldn't play backups and didn't want to go through all the trouble of updating and stuff. Thanks for helping me.

Issalroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm going to try playing through a USB pendrive(Kingston Datatraveller 4GB). How can I format it to WFBS?
EDIT: OK, formatted it and dumped the ISO, first it gave me a black screen when I was going to play the game. Now it doesn't recognize my device anymore.
EDIT2:Worked through NeoGamma!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TaxiTitan said:
Is it possible to run a gamecube backup from an HDD, or an SD card?
No not at the moment but with the new wii's with new drives that won't read backups hopefully someone will invest a little time and research to make one

Kamina7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there could I get some help?

I'm following the guide step by step,updated my wii (which already had homebrew channel) but at the start of the 'modify' process, when installing bootmii, I press start on the g/c pad to accept it says:

I'm running under IOS34 13.28
you have wii system version 482 (v38 EUR) installed
The Wii HBC has only been tested with wii system menu version 354 (v22) and below.
press accept to continue at your own risk.

I'll configure the homebrew channel to use IOS38
ready to install press accept
starting installation
fixing up signature
installing ticket
Error -1830002811 installing ticket

installation failed!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dear all,

The current XzXero guide is just very good.
As i am very often region changing Ntsc wii to Pal Eur, I just had a step. After step One in upgrade, install HbC and Boot2 & IOS (DVDx optional as far as it is really installed on Modify steps). Make a first nand backup and use any region change 1.1b if wii is UNDER 3.1 to 3.4, a litlle more dangerous from 4 to 4.1.

NEVER REGION Change under 4.2. even with different region change program.

Thanks XzXero for this fantastic Guide

Frenchderf
blink.gif

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I would be really grateful for some help, I am about to follow the 'completesoftmod guide' but I just want to check something first. My wii has already been soft moded sometime ago, I am following the guide to update. Do I need to run the trucha bug restorer, selecting IOS36 w/fake sign even though I already have IOS249 sig hash checked?
I don't want to cause myself any confusion in the future! Please just let me know what is best.

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SallyC said:
Hi,

I would be really grateful for some help, I am about to follow the 'completesoftmod guide' but I just want to check something first. My wii has already been soft moded sometime ago, I am following the guide to update. Do I need to run the trucha bug restorer, selecting IOS36 w/fake sign even though I already have IOS249 sig hash checked?
I don't want to cause myself any confusion in the future! Please just let me know what is best.

Thanks
You want to just update the Wii?

In that case, I'd use the NUSD auto downloader: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126
Just choose the version you want to update to and let it download
Say no to "Download Stubs" if it asks.

After you downloaded all files for the update, you can install them all one by one (or use a wad batch installer).
If you want to keep the trucha in IOS36, remove/skip the new IOS36 you downloaded with the NUS auto downloader
wink.gif

Kamina7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kamina7000 said:
Hi there could I get some help?

I'm following the guide step by step,updated my wii (which already had homebrew channel) but at the start of the 'modify' process, when installing bootmii, I press start on the g/c pad to accept it says:

I'm running under IOS34 13.28
you have wii system version 482 (v38 EUR) installed
The Wii HBC has only been tested with wii system menu version 354 (v22) and below.
press accept to continue at your own risk.

I'll configure the homebrew channel to use IOS38
ready to install press accept
starting installation
fixing up signature
installing ticket
Error -1830002811 installing ticket

installation failed!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

also I cant get bootmii to install from the 'update' section, the channel comes up as a question mark and wont autorun.

I basically had homebrew channel before hand,used WAD manager to install the files in the tutorial, able to run bannerbomb from the modify zip but it wont install bootmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in