tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
basquille said:
Ahh.. so I've 'Block Disc Updates' and 'Block Online Updates' disabled in Priiloader so no need to worry about scrubbing or brickblock games.

Last question - should I be wary in using retail games? I got Super Smash Bros Brawl, Pikmin, Indiana Jones Lego free with my Wii so with the Priiloader settings above, these should be safe to use as is in the Wii (without making an ISO of them and or using a loader), correct?

Sorry if they seem like stupid questions, I just want to make sure.
You must Enable he hacks, not disable them
tongue.gif

Yes, retail games are safe. The preloader hacks will just prevent the game from updating the System menu, thats all
smile.gif

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
You must Enable he hacks, not disable them
tongue.gif

Ha.. sorry, that's what I meant!
yaywii.gif

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Feb 4 2010, 03:20 PM) Yes, retail games are safe. The preloader hacks will just prevent the game from updating the System menu, thats all
smile.gif
Excellent.. many thanks!

Last question I promise (for now).. I think I already know the answer but just for re-assurance. I have WiiConnect disabled since I did the hack (as it was recommended) - it's now safe to turn that back on and allow the Wii to access the Net - now that 'Block Online Updates' has been enabled.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
basquille said:
Last question I promise (for now).. I think I already know the answer but just for re-assurance. I have WiiConnect disabled since I did the hack (as it was recommended) - it's now safe to turn that back on and allow the Wii to access the Net - now that 'Block Online Updates' has been enabled.
The block disc updates thingy won't block online updates
But it will never update without asking you first.
So if you deny all updates, you should be safe.

The only thing that always needs to be updated is the shopping channel I think. But that can be updated manually

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
The block disc updates thingy won't block online updates
But it will never update without asking you first.
So if you deny all updates, you should be safe.

The only thing that always needs to be updated is the shopping channel I think. But that can be updated manually
Shopping? What would I be shopping for?! HA!
blink.gif

Thanks for your help again tj_cool.

ctg052

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
ctg052 said:
Hi to all,

@xzxero

I'm on 56k and my ISP disconnects it's clients after every 6 hours of being online.
So the IP is changed and I can't resume the file UPDATE NTSC.

Please don't blast me me for asking. Could "anyone" split the UPDATE NTSC file into two files?

If "anyone" don't want to,it's OK. I know it would be because of good reasons.

Thanks either way,
Have you tried http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126 or http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/us.../nus-downloader to get the wads needed

Thanks for both useful links. There is something I hadn't notice before, it's that in the Complete Softmode Guid
there is an offline equivalent to the online "steps".

Thanks a lot !

qubonepl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it nessesary to do this step (Restoring the Trucha Bug --> Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.) if I only want to use USB Loader GX (and of course Waninkoko's cIOS installer + Hermes cIOS) and have softmoded wii before update to 4.2 ? But on the other side As i understand update to 4.2 erase all changes in IOSes (made by user) so maybe this step is required ?
wacko.gif

PS. If i successfully install cIOS and run usbloader - that means everything went OK, right ?

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qubonepl said:
Is it nessesary to do this step (Restoring the Trucha Bug --> Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.) if I only want to use USB Loader GX (and of course Waninkoko's cIOS installer + Hermes cIOS) and have softmoded wii before update to 4.2 ? But on the other side As i understand update to 4.2 erase all changes in IOSes (made by user) so maybe this step is required ?
wacko.gif

PS. If i successfully install cIOS and run usbloader - that means everything went OK, right ?

Yes, you are going to want to make sure to do that part of the guide... I would recommend running CheckSign and see what it says. See if you have 250, 249, 223, 222, etc at the top of the list. If you do, then it probably worked out okay.

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I've followed this guide some time ago, and now some of the cIOS appear to be somewhat outdated; and now I'm going to follow the USB Loader Readmii, and thus installing newer cIOS. Will it cause harm? I don't think so, but I want to be sure...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Eichro said:
So, I've followed this guide some time ago, and now some of the cIOS appear to be somewhat outdated; and now I'm going to follow the USB Loader Readmii, and thus installing newer cIOS. Will it cause harm? I don't think so, but I want to be sure...
Both the readmii and this guide should have rev17, which is the newest
It won't harm to overwrite your cIOS, no need to uninstall the old one first.

andrew5368

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has something changed since the publishing of this guide? I tried it today and I get an error in Dop IOS MOD saying it can't find IOS60-65-v6400.wad but it says not to pack the wad? Confused and stuck!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
andrew5368 said:
Has something changed since the publishing of this guide? I tried it today and I get an error in Dop IOS MOD saying it can't find IOS60-65-v6400.wad but it says not to pack the wad? Confused and stuck!
Seems you need both v6400 and v6174 for some reason
I dunno why

QUOTE(mancuser @ Feb 6 2010, 01:08 AM) I must be an idiot....can't find download link....sent email but no reply.....anyone else got this problem?
If its not in your spam folder, you'll have to google for the files
No other way to share em

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Chaps,

Can you help me with a little oddity, When I press my power button on my beloved wii it only goes to a yellow light instead of red.

How do I fix it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zootoxin said:
Hi Chaps,

Can you help me with a little oddity, When I press my power button on my beloved wii it only goes to a yellow light instead of red.

How do I fix it?
Disable "Standby Internet" in the Wii settings (somewhere near the WiiConnect24 option)

andrew5368

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
andrew5368 said:
Seems you need both v6400 and v6174 for some reason
I dunno why

tj_cool, thanks for the response but my apologies, i'm a total noob. So do I download IOS60 v6400 with NUS Downloader, I assume I leave it packed? Shall I just restart the Wii and start from stage 2)a) here? Total noob trying to be cautious . Thanks!

Edit: Or, thinking about it, shall I just enable my wifi on the wii (never got round to doing it before) and run through the stages using the net to download the requirements? My main concern here is what to do at the current stage where it's error'd on IOS60 and is asking me what to do, i'm worried a reboot will break it or something.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
andrew5368 said:
tj_cool, thanks for the response but my apologies, i'm a total noob. So do I download IOS60 v6400 with NUS Downloader, I assume I leave it packed? Shall I just restart the Wii and start from stage 2)a) here? Total noob trying to be cautious . Thanks!

Edit: Or, thinking about it, shall I just enable my wifi on the wii (never got round to doing it before) and run through the stages using the net to download the requirements? My main concern here is what to do at the current stage where it's error'd on IOS60 and is asking me what to do, i'm worried a reboot will break it or something.
If its stuck on installing IOS60, there's no problem
You can safely turn it off, since you have no system menu 4.0/4.1 yet

I guess enabling WiFi is the best option. It can then download the files it needs by its own
smile.gif

It will probably work too if you put the IOS60-64-v6400.wad in the SD card root
Just be sure you still install the old v6174, not v6400
wink.gif

I'm gonna look a bit farther in what files have to be used for DOP-IOS MOD, cause I find it a bit confusing myself now
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1