Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

kazafog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
forget it.

I ended up using DOP IOS to check IOS36 and found none were installed. Anyway i used DOP IOS to install IOS36v10 and then continued through the rest of the upgrade to 4.2 and then the modify and all is well. Mod wise no different to before the upgrade except for the 4.2 firmware's subtle differences to 3.4e.

Kwiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ImperialX said:
Your guide is absolutely amazing. Props to you sir.

I agree. I was terrified I would brick my Wii. I have been using a Wiikey 1.9s up to now, but pressure from the ankle-biters forced me to do "whatever it takes" to get a backup of New Super Mario working. Very happy now. Many thanks for your great work.
bow.gif

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i've been at it all day as some of you unfortunately know. when through some of the things second time, Priiloader works, system doesn't ask for updates but everytime i turn the wii on it goes directly to priiloader. is it supposed to do that every time?

also is there such thing as IOS236? USB Loader is trying to load using IOS236 and then reloads into IOS36

P.S. discregard ios236 question, there is plenty of info on that over there. just the preloader issue

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
on the priiloader issue, check on the settings of the priiloader autoboot. you could autoboot HBC, system menu, or a file of your choice. after choosing then save the settings.

on the loader issue, i think you are using loader gx. not really much familiar with the loader gx for i am on neogamma and uloader.

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
harroxelas said:
Four quick questions...

1) With this guide, is the wii able to play dual layer games via neogamma using the disc channel?
2) Which is the best neogamma version to use after using this guide? r7? r8 b15?
3) What's the difference between installing cIOS249-v14.wad or cIOS249-v15.wad and cIOS250-v14.wad or cIOS250-v15.wad? Should I install the v15 versions?
4) In the begining of the guide, it says that you'll be able to play wiiware and vc games from th sd card. How is it done exactly? Using neogamma?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Can anyone please help a n00b out?

cupfulloflol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rontonimo said:
cupfulloflol said:
cupfulloflol said:
Thanks for the guide. I currently am having some issues with it. The problem comes with the "modify" step, it tells me to go back to my memory card like I did with step 1. Problem is, everytime I click on the SD card the wii freezes. This step appears to install the Homebrew Channel.

Then I noticed I had the homebrew channel on my start page. I clicked on it, and press home to load up bootmii (which would be the next step). The screen goes black, and the wii's DVD lights flash blue. Nothing happens. I reboot, go back to the HBC with modify on my card, it appears as though I can run a few programs (anytitle deleter DB, preloader .30, truncha bug restorer, and wad manager 1.5).

What should I do next?

I am assuming something went wrong with my installation of bootmii. Any way I can go back and reinstall it?
It won't hurt to reinstall, it will just write over the old. make sure you have all the apps in the correct folder. I assume you don't have bootmii2, but have the bootmii as IOS.
Thanks for the reply.

The problem is, I can't get to the menu to reinstall it. I have to put the bootmii installer on there, and then go into my SD card, and there is a file with a "?" on it. Then my wii says it can't launch that file. So I don't know how to get back to reinstall the bootmii.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rafb said:
hey guys, i've been at it all day as some of you unfortunately know. when through some of the things second time, Priiloader works, system doesn't ask for updates but everytime i turn the wii on it goes directly to priiloader. is it supposed to do that every time?

also is there such thing as IOS236? USB Loader is trying to load using IOS236 and then reloads into IOS36

P.S. discregard ios236 question, there is plenty of info on that over there. just the preloader issue
try this version of priiloader http://www.2shared.com/file/9803222/9f2a80b7/Installer.html
I had the same problem till i loaded this version

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
rafb said:

try this version of priiloader http://www.2shared.com/file/9803222/9f2a80b7/Installer.html
I had the same problem till i loaded this version

thanks, i think i took care of that problem by selecting autoboot to system menue, at first it didn't want to save new settings and gave me this
"Error autobooting systemmenu!
ES_DiVerifiy failed! no ios with it patched?"
i didn't donwload any patches, it only showed that once and now it seems to work fine, i'll consider upgrading priiloader later, right now the main focus is to get games play, any games, one game, something

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my wii is softmodded perfectly, everything runs...!

But both my mates wii aren't, so we decided to softmod them, and unfortunately not one part of the tutorial on page one, worked for either of their wii's.

We had to move over to youtube and use a video tutorial on there, which i believe worked very very well, and nice and quick!!

Just in case anyone else is having trouble, check out the video I used and hopefully it'll work for you too!!

youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSmXh1lxgXE

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
from the looks of signcheck looks like you need to update some of your IOS's and you have some which are missing(not installed)

longtom1, couple of pages ago you told me that my signcheck was missing a few things, i went through Modify part of the tutorial again last night and just ran signcheck and got same identical results. i dont remember how to run dop-ios and have no idean which versions (ios, cios) i need, where can i find some of this info? i dont care which back up i use as long as it works

thanks

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishykipper said:
my wii is softmodded perfectly, everything runs...!

But both my mates wii aren't, so we decided to softmod them, and unfortunately not one part of the tutorial on page one, worked for either of their wii's.

We had to move over to youtube and use a video tutorial on there, which i believe worked very very well, and nice and quick!!

Just in case anyone else is having trouble, check out the video I used and hopefully it'll work for you too!!

youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSmXh1lxgXE

thanks, but that tutorial is for downgrading from 4.0 to 3.2, the reason why some of us are here is to upgrade safely to 4.2 not downgrade to 3.2

thanks anyway

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafb said:
longtom1 said:
from the looks of signcheck looks like you need to update some of your IOS's and you have some which are missing(not installed)

longtom1, couple of pages ago you told me that my signcheck was missing a few things, i went through Modify part of the tutorial again last night and just ran signcheck and got same identical results. i dont remember how to run dop-ios and have no idean which versions (ios, cios) i need, where can i find some of this info? i dont care which back up i use as long as it works

thanks

woulnt the update folder from xzxero have all the ioses u need? i updated through nintendo b4 doing the modify , so i am not sure.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeedds said:
rafb said:
longtom1 said:

thanks

woulnt the update folder from xzxero have all the ioses u need? i updated through nintendo b4 doing the modify , so i am not sure.

The update folder from xzxero has MORE than all the ISO files you need. It includes all the Korean crap (40-46 and 52) and several old stub IOS files that are completely unnecessary. It's kind of funny. None of those will hurt your Wii, though, so no big deal.

In case you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none of these is very helpfull, can someone at least tell me where i can find directions/instructions for Dop-IOS?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
The update folder from xzxero has MORE than all the IOS files you need. It includes all the Korean crap (40-46 and 52) and several old stub IOS files that are completely unnecessary. It's kind of funny. None of those will hurt your Wii, though, so no big deal.

In case you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History
aha, yeah I'll remove em eventually.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(rafb @ Dec 13 2009, 10:45 AM) none of these is very helpfull, can someone at least tell me where i can find directions/instructions for Dop-IOS?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...p;#entry2452022

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol