Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

ExplosionOfWin

Trophies
XP
Country
Having downgraded IOS15 using Trucha Bug Restorer MOD (I have 4.2E, and regular TBR froze), I was about to launch it again to install a patched IOS36. I realized I had the wrong version of IOS36 (I needed 3351 and I had 3094, again because I used TBR MOD and not regular and because I have 4.2E). I went to get it using NUSD on my PC (Wii isn't connected to the Internet), and the Wii froze on the Homebrew Channel randomly. I want to know if it can be safely powered off and on again (I am a noob and worry too much) with a downgraded IOS15. I have a full backup of the NAND on my PC, and BootMii installed in Boot2 as well, so I hope that if I can't power off/on and try again, I can at least restore the system (if it bricks).

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going through various tutorials for the Nth time, while running AnyTitleDeleter got a message (never had it before)
"Informing the Wii that I am its daddy...Error! ES_Identify (ret=-1017)
Error! ES_OpenContent (ret=-1017)"
but then it still lets me get into the System Titles and allows me to delete 222,2223,249and250

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rafb said:
going through various tutorials for the Nth time, while running AnyTitleDeleter got a message (never had it before)
"Informing the Wii that I am its daddy...Error! ES_Identify (ret=-1017)
Error! ES_OpenContent (ret=-1017)"
but then it still lets me get into the System Titles and allows me to delete 222,2223,249and250
if it erases the stubs, then go on with the guide

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I got everything done, but on my Wii Menu, in the box that has the Wii Disc Channel (We have Wii Fit Plus inside the Wii), it says Wii System Update. Okay so what do I do to prevent my Wii from screwing me over? Oh and remember, I need to make this idiot proof.

The only part I couldn't do was the deletion of the stub IOS's because I had none of the ones listed (I came from 3.3u Twilight Hack mod). Anyway is there a way to get Wii Fit Plus working through the disc channel as Gecko OS might be too complicated for my siblings (even though I have a piece of paper that tells them how to do things. I do have Gecko OS running for the time being).

I'm guessing there is no way to get Wii Fit Plus (retail copy my step-mom bought) working through the disc channel since it's requiring a system update. Alright, I'll just hope my stupid siblings don't fuck up my Wii by updating. Thanks anyway.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Aeladya said:
I got everything done, but on my Wii Menu, in the box that has the Wii Disc Channel (We have Wii Fit Plus inside the Wii), it says Wii System Update. Okay so what do I do to prevent my Wii from screwing me over? Oh and remember, I need to make this idiot proof.

The only part I couldn't do was the deletion of the stub IOS's because I had none of the ones listed (I came from 3.3u Twilight Hack mod). Anyway is there a way to get Wii Fit Plus working through the disc channel as Gecko OS might be too complicated for my siblings (even though I have a piece of paper that tells them how to do things. I do have Gecko OS running for the time being).

I'm guessing there is no way to get Wii Fit Plus (retail copy my step-mom bought) working through the disc channel since it's requiring a system update. Alright, I'll just hope my stupid siblings don't fuck up my Wii by updating. Thanks anyway.
you only have to run Gecko OS once.
It will tell you what IOS needs to be installed so the game will work via the disc channel.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Aeladya said:

look back a couple pages......

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
Aeladya said:
Aeladya said:

I did, there is nothing there except the original post and of course help requests for others.

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii with the LEM serial number. And was wondering if it could be a problem or whatnot by using this guide?

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i've done all of your upgrades and modifies forward and backward 5 times and at the end im still stuck with the same problem i had before with 4.0. Using the usbloader or neogamma i can back up the originals and they work, but as son as put them on pc and then back to hard drive i get nothing.
backups that i have stored on pc freeze up every damn time? and the stupid ass "IMET Header wrong" is back again. WTF
is it the pc? usb connection? hard drive?
im using western digital and dell pc and apperantly they are known for problems with usb ports

any suggestions, any one, this shit has been going on for months now and this upgrade did nothing but wasted a day out of my life

you know what, ladies and gentelment Screw this this Bullcrap, i've had it, im done wasting my time!!!

hate2.gif

P.S. i came down a little...
There must be an issue with my PC, i cannot explain it any other way, usb rips the games to HD then plays them find, however, as soon as they touch my pc they turn to crap

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Old8oy said:
Aeladya said:
Aeladya said:

I did, there is nothing there except the original post and of course help requests for others.

umm.......did you click on the link i posted and read the post it led to?

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafb said:
well i've done all of your upgrades and modifies forward and backward 5 times and at the end im still stuck with the same problem i had before with 4.0. Using the usbloader or neogamma i can back up the originals and they work, but as son as put them on pc and then back to hard drive i get nothing.
backups that i have stored on pc freeze up every damn time? and the stupid ass "IMET Header wrong" is back again. WTF
im using western digital and dell pc and apperantly they are known for problems with usb ports

any suggestions, any one, this shit has been going on for months now and this upgrade did nothing but wasted a day out of my life

you know what, ladies and gentelment Screw this this Bullcrap, i've had it, im done wasting my time!!!

hate2.gif

There must be an issue with my PC, i cannot explain it any other way, usb rips the games to HD then plays them find, however, as soon as they touch my pc they turn to crap

so what ur saying now is that any iso image on ur pc doesnt work when u transfer it to ur usb hdd? how r u loading them ?

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dancemb said:
I am just about to do the wii hacking.

There is 2 tutorials I am thinking of following to do this.

Either I will be using this guide, or the guide at: http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/USB-Loader

Could someone please tell me the best guide to follow to get the job done in the easiest way?

Anyone? I really want to do the hacking, but before I do I really want to know what you all think on the best guide to use, please let me know

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemb said:
dancemb said:
I am just about to do the wii hacking.

There is 2 tutorials I am thinking of following to do this.

Either I will be using this guide, or the guide at: http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/USB-Loader

Could someone please tell me the best guide to follow to get the job done in the easiest way?

Anyone? I really want to do the hacking, but before I do I really want to know what you all think on the best guide to use, please let me know

use the guide linked in my signature. it's the best there is
biggrin.gif

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeedds said:
rafb said:

hate2.gif

so what ur saying now is that any iso image on ur pc doesnt work when u transfer it to ur usb hdd? how r u loading them ?

well, i changed 5 or 6 different HDs, i tried upgrading and downgrading the system and nothing.
most importantly i can play the games when i first back them up from originals, but when i store them and pc and then put them back on HD they dont work.
what else can explain this?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafb said:
well, i changed 5 or 6 different HDs, i tried upgrading and downgrading the system and nothing.
most importantly i can play the games when i first back them up from originals, but when i store them and pc and then put them back on HD they dont work.

Which app are you using to move them from your HDD to your PC? That is most likely your problem.

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
rafb said:

Which app are you using to move them from your HDD to your PC? That is most likely your problem.

ye, i thought of that already, used WBFS Manager, im trying others now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psionics offline right now or I would
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Psi is offline at the minute, but he knows where to find them.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about piracy
  • cearp @ cearp:
    not that type of crack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean the drug not the booty pervs
    +2
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @linuxares the dev just ends up at 0
    it's no worse than if you pirated
    it's probably better, because not all keys on key sites are stolen
    plus piracy is not always an option
    i heard a related story for a dev actually
    from a dev*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    DRMs are getting stronger these days
    they bought their own game on a key site and checked where they came from and it turned out they were review copies he had given out by email to someone
    *all* of them
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no storefront I'm aware of (at least on pc) requires the devs to pay for the keys they generate
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    they don't lose money doing this, even if someone decide to chargeback
    so that seems to be a pretty common thing, i kinda blame the dev for that one though as they were giving out like 5 keys to someone just because they asked for multiple copies for review for whatever reason and there were multiple people doing this. he should've seen the red flags
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Hello