• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

barry78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just installed priiloader, all seems to work fine. Only when I start up the wii it keeps starting up into priiloader. I have changed the settings to boot in system menu and saved it. but still goes into priiloader every time..

any suggestions.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafb said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
rafb said:
Finally after 7 hours got through the "After Modding" steps, everything seems to be working fine so far, but when i insert the actual game disk it still says "Wii System Update" . how do i disable that???

If you have preloader or priiloader installed open that up when u turn the wii on by holding the reset button for a few seconds before the system menu loads. When the screen appears go into the "system menu hacks" part. Somewhere in there you will be able to block disc updates and online updates. Make sure u save the settings at the bottom ofcourse.

okay, i'll show a bit more patients, as i said above, i've gone through all the steps, still cannot play any of my games from the hard drive and cannot even play regular game disks, WTF you mean this is the easiest guide ever?
after completing the guide i have:
Ver. 4.2U
Nand backed up
Homebrew channel
IOS30 V4.16

And wii as good as bricked, nothing plays
yea awesome guide, wopty fucking doo

i see u have posts in multiple threads going back a few months so i cant really follow what u have done.
how was ur wii modded b4 u did this guide and what exactly have u done?
this guide is the easiest/best and works great for people who follow it step by step and havent done previous hacks to thier wii b4.

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeedds said:
rafb said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
rafb said:
Finally after 7 hours got through the "After Modding" steps, everything seems to be working fine so far, but when i insert the actual game disk it still says "Wii System Update" . how do i disable that???

If you have preloader or priiloader installed open that up when u turn the wii on by holding the reset button for a few seconds before the system menu loads. When the screen appears go into the "system menu hacks" part. Somewhere in there you will be able to block disc updates and online updates. Make sure u save the settings at the bottom ofcourse.

okay, i'll show a bit more patients, as i said above, i've gone through all the steps, still cannot play any of my games from the hard drive and cannot even play regular game disks, WTF you mean this is the easiest guide ever?
after completing the guide i have:
Ver. 4.2U
Nand backed up
Homebrew channel
IOS30 V4.16

And wii as good as bricked, nothing plays
yea awesome guide, wopty fucking doo

i see u have posts in multiple threads going back a few months so i cant really follow what u have done.
how was ur wii modded b4 u did this guide and what exactly have u done?
this guide is the easiest/best and works great for people who follow it step by step and havent done previous hacks to thier wii b4.

thanks for the response, here is a little bit of my Wii hacking history
originally purchased Wii last year, but didn't begin hacking it till june after an unfortunate real upgrade to 4.0, so after about a few weeks got this:

show details Jul 1

Wii info: LU36, 4.0U (Virgin), Bootmii, Preloader, cIOS38 rev13
HBC, Homebrew Browser, NeoGamma R4 (western digital 1T), Backup Launcher 0.3

was still struggling and could not get games to work, untill i finally also installed cIOSCorp (don't remember the version) and USB LoaderGX and everything worked beautifully all 30 or so games except Call of Duty, i was happy as clam!!!

after about a month or so for some sputid reason i had to change the hard drive to buffallo or something, and within couple of weeks games began dropping like flies one by one, they would simply not play, freeze while loading, so i tried changing hard drives, changed about 5 of them and everytime would have the same problem (use WFBS Manager to format and upload), tried messing with cIOS38, got nothing

so now im here, i decided to start from scratch and go through this tutorial, had a little 5 hour hiccup (until i realized what bannerbomb was), but was able to complete all the steps except for the optional cIOSCorp 3.5 and none of the games play and originals ask to update the system
Have NAND from the steps of this guide and NAND from my original first attemp back in June (was thinkig about restoring it back to that), getting pretty pissed off at this point especially since im not that thick when it comes any technology or software.

What can you do with all the info here??? does any of it help???

thanks

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rafb
i would say uninstall cioscorp since it is only needed to play burned games through the disc chan and it overwrites all ur ioses with custom ones.I never used it so u should concentrate on threads related to it. then do a update to 4.2(safe or official) then follow the modify guide by xzxero.then lastly install a usb loader of ur choice and stick to that method fer playin.

lisandroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've been away from my wii for quite a while (since SMG and Brawl) and I now wanted to play NSMB. I followed this guide word-by-word to update to 4.2U and everything worked well, but then when I get to the "Modify" section, my Wii freezes at the SD Card Menu (Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card) when I insert the SD with the unziped modify.zip file. Can anyone help me? I'm so worried...

Here's my specs:

Wiikey (1.9s I believe)
Wii Menu v4.2U (after following first part of tutorial)
HBC (twilight hack, got it months ago)

Please helpppp!
frown.gif

fermat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
barry78 said:
fermat said:
5)Suppose i can install only bootmi as IOS . ok I get it only semi protection is priloader and that for most banner-bricks.. But anywhere I look the sentences stop there. How is that helpful? I mean. Ok I have banner brick. I load Priloader and get to HBC and load wad manager. Then what?If someone dont get what i am asking because of my mistake just give me please a real example with some program which gives a banner brick and how to fix in a step by step way. Maybe this question is obvious but I am asking all these in theory I havent touch my wii yet, so please be polite !
smile.gif
Correct me if I am wrong please caus I only started fooling around with this stuff yesterday.. I have a new Wii too so I can only store bootmi as am ISO.. After you did this go into bootmi and make a Nand than install priiloader not preloader which is diffierent agian to make it easy...lol... If you get a brick start up the wii while pressing reset button than you get into the priiloader and load your nand to restore...

But I ve seen other posts that restoring nand from priiloader-> bootmi - IOS is the last resort! I am asking about the semi brick solutions which have to do by loading priiloader and then wad manager to "Remove" the brick changes .. but that last thing I said is what I dont get on how we are doing this.. That's why I asked an example.

Anyone answering my other questions please?

fermat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
say you get a banner brick you'll load pre/priiloader and launch the Home Brew Channel and then run wad manager and remove the wad that is causing the banner brick

Lets say I install many wad at once. How should I know the false wad? Or I just remove all the last wad causing the prob?

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that this guide rocks. I've used it twice so far - once at 4.1 and again at 4.2 - and both went through without a hitch. Would mod again!

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
S3xii Lexii said:
Hey yall Its L3xii again. I know I know you guys are all probably tired of me
wub.gif

So here is my latest question. I have successfully installed preloader rev30 which is the newest version. What I want to be able to do is disable/bypass wii disc updates. the problem disc in question is wii sports resort and it keeps on displaying wii update. so can anyone please point me in the right direction. thank yall
bow.gif

mistake #1 preloader rev 30 is not the latest version, check out priiloader in my signature for more info if u want to update

-for your system menu hacks, download THIS, and save the hacks.ini to the root of your sd card, then launch priiloader (by holding reset as ur wii is booting up), then go to system menu hacks and enable whatever hacks u want (including the block updates hack)

EDIT: don't worry L3xii, we'll never get tired of u... not to many female wii modders out there (that i know of), keep representing

Hay no fair, i didn't know preloader 0.32 was the latest. the last time i checked this guide it said rev30 was the lastest but i guess the person who wrote it must have changed his directions again lol
yay.gif
So anyways i eventually was able to bypass the game updates but my latest problem is: drum roll please

I can't get wii sports resort to work with configurable usb loader. it freezes. i heard it is because it is a dual layer disc. can anyone help me out please
wub.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3xii Lexii said:
Hay no fair, i didn't know preloader 0.32 was the latest. the last time i checked this guide it said rev30 was the lastest but i guess the person who wrote it must have changed his directions again lol
yay.gif
So anyways i eventually was able to bypass the game updates but my latest problem is: drum roll please

I can't get wii sports resort to work with configurable usb loader. it freezes. i heard it is because it is a dual layer disc. can anyone help me out please
wub.gif

lol

you have to use AltDol for Wii Sports Resort

turn on altdol from disc and load the player.dol file

after the video finishes playing and your wii freezes, turn off the wii then turn it back on and turn altdol off

start the game like normal.

it is not dual layer, it's actually one of the smallest games on the system

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeedds said:
@rafb
i would say uninstall cioscorp since it is only needed to play burned games through the disc chan and it overwrites all ur ioses with custom ones.I never used it so u should concentrate on threads related to it. then do a update to 4.2(safe or official) then follow the modify guide by xzxero.then lastly install a usb loader of ur choice and stick to that method fer playin.

thansk zeedds,
i read in different places some people saying that i should unistall cioscorp, yet in othe places people are screaming that its impossible and would brick the system.

i also created a new topic about the ability to scan your system. what is the best way to actually see whats on the system now which version of ios, cioscorp, everything i have. something to what HijackThis does for PC?

it seems so much time is spend on people trying to figure out which ios they should have, upgrade to this, downgrade to that and so on, most of the people here have no clue what they already have and what they installing...

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry guys but i dont know how to use altdol or anything oldboy said. im going
wacko.gif

lol so how do i actually use it and where can i get it from? or do i already have it.
rolleyes.gif

also will this allow it to install correctly in configurable usb loader?
thanks oldboy/guys

lisandroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lisandroc said:
Hi guys, I've been away from my wii for quite a while (since SMG and Brawl) and I now wanted to play NSMB. I followed this guide word-by-word to update to 4.2U and everything worked well, but then when I get to the "Modify" section, my Wii freezes at the SD Card Menu (Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card) when I insert the SD with the unziped modify.zip file. Can anyone help me? I'm so worried...

Here's my specs:

Wiikey (1.9s I believe)

Please helpppp!
frown.gif

Anyone??
frown.gif

Sorry for the double post!

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lisandroc said:
lisandroc said:

Here's my specs:

Wiikey (1.9s I believe)

Please helpppp!
frown.gif

Anyone??
frown.gif

Sorry for the double post!
you need to use the SD menu. i got confused at that part to.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3xii Lexii said:
im sorry guys but i dont know how to use altdol or anything oldboy said. im going
wacko.gif

lol so how do i actually use it and where can i get it from? or do i already have it.
rolleyes.gif

also will this allow it to install correctly in configurable usb loader?
thanks oldboy/guys

you already have it.

just go to the game settings for WSR in config loader and turn on alt dol from disc. and turn on 002 fix

when the video ends, restart and play with alt dol OFF

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Four quick questions...

1) With this guide, is the wii able to play dual layer games via neogamma using the disc channel?
2) Which is the best neogamma version to use after using this guide? r7? r8 b15?
3) What's the difference between installing cIOS249-v14.wad or cIOS249-v15.wad and cIOS250-v14.wad or cIOS250-v15.wad? Should I install the v15 versions?
4) In the begining of the guide, it says that you'll be able to play wiiware and vc games from th sd card. How is it done?

Thanks in advance for the help.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
martinezgene said:
I dl this guide a few weeks back and I love it. The problem that I am having is that I want to start doing the off line method but I am missing one file and was wondering if you know where I can get it.

3.X - 4.1 Method there was a mod.rar file that I unzipped and there are 4 wad files, 1 folder labeled wad, 1 private folder and one apps folder.
I am missing a folder that is labeled (00000001) is it needed? I no longer have the mod.rar file.

One more question. I have a friend wii that she update thru nintendo to 4.2u and I am going to follow this new guide for 4.2. Once I am done can I downgrade to 4.1U. Once on 4.1 do I have to hack again to get disk to read thru channel?

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on the following

I have a friend wii that she update thru nintendo to 4.2u and I am going to follow this new guide for 4.2. Once I am done can I downgrade to 4.1U. Once on 4.1 do I have to hack again to get disk to read thru channel?

update: I did it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Hyrule Warriors legends