Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
take the link down buffalo72 and Pepelusky

please and thank you!
Oh, sorry.

Anyway, i was reading the topic, and beyond my frst question up there, about the chip, do i need a GC controller for any step in this guide?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pepelusky said:
xzxero said:
take the link down buffalo72 and Pepelusky

please and thank you!
Oh, sorry.

Anyway, i was reading the topic, and beyond my frst question up there, about the chip, do i need a GC controller for any step in this guide?
no you dont need a gc controller

you will still be able to use your modchip just dont install cIOSCORP, it will defeat your modchips purpose

chatshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno if this problem has occured for anyone before, to many pages to go through..

but the problem is when I'm at the modifying part of the guide, after updating to 4.2. Each time I try to load bannerbomb the wii freezes.

Anyone?

Pepelusky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it worked like a charm.
But my Homebrew Channel is upside down ):

I read somewhere that just by installing it again it would solve this problem. So, can i install it again? Just by repeating the
QUOTE said:
Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.
step?

Sorry for all these questions. The search engine on the forum isn't working, and well... the thread has more than 200 pages =p

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering if anything can go wrong when Restoring the The Trucha Bug, like a possible brick or worse?
sorry for asking twice, this thread keeps building so fast and alot of questions are missed and not answered.

Pepelusky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
read the last part of the update to 4.2 section
I read. And i've done it.

I but it isn't working. So i just want to know, should i install the HBC from the update zip, or from the modify one?
And if there's any problem in doing it after finishing the whole process.

abeirokid

Trophies
XP
Country
I've installed HBC in my Wii with 4.2e.

When I try to run a disc loader it gives me a cIOS error !
I've tried to install 249 but after install, none of disc or usb loader works, so I'am thinking to softmod by this guide.

I just need to format the Wii memory and them follow this guide ?
After completing the guide, I just need to install the disc loader and thats fine ?

Plz help .. I'am just a noob, with a Wii since 2 days ago.

QUOTE said:
If you have a very new Wii & it fails to run DVD backups, you may have a drive with the new D3-2 chipset. They are incapable of reading dvd's of any sort. It can still play games via USB loaders though.

How can I check if my Wii is one of these ?

chatshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chatshi said:
Dunno if this problem has occured for anyone before, to many pages to go through..

but the problem is when I'm at the modifying part of the guide, after updating to 4.2. Each time I try to load bannerbomb the wii freezes.

Anyone?

Vrooom?

emen26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emen26 said:
I have a question,

When I run WAD Manager 1.5 and try to install the 6 WADs, I can only install the last two or three. The first couple are listed, but there is no size listed. When I try to install them i just get an error, and the WAD is not installed. When I check back on my PC at the size of the WAD filed they seem to be intact. Is there a different place I can download these at? I have unzipped the folder a couples of times now and replaced files as well as downloading to zip file a couple times.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for this guide as well.

Not sure if anyone saw this question, just wondering if anyone knows what kind of issues i'm having...

emen26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chatshi said:
chatshi said:

Anyone?

Vrooom?

I read that 4.2 blocked bannerbomb from loading in that manner, the new bannerbomb runs from the sd card on the home screen. Mine was freezing in the same way, I tried this and it worked for me, so far... Now im having a problem with WAD manager.

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have somewhat a strange problem on my hands. I just finished modding 6 Wii´s, and almost all of them gave me the IOS15 thingy, but I got all that working out. But, I have another problem. On the 7th Wii, which has 4.2E beforehand, I managed that IOS pathcy thingy honky donky OKI. Then I am going to do AnyTitleDeleter, but shortly after I run that program, the Wiimote just dies, and I am unable to do anything. Then, I said "WTH" I´ll just go on with Wad Manager instead (DUH!) but the same thing happens there! I mean WTFH4X!

Any help?

I skipped the upgrade part since the Wii already has 4.2E!

Mucios Gracias senoritas, but I am off to bed and hopefully will have a happy response when I wake up and recheck this forum (yes I am sleepy, it´s 3:14 (that is 3:14AM for americanos).

Pepelusky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now something is REALLY weird, i have an NTSC-U Wii wich i just intalled HBC following every step of this manual.
In the end the HBC had the classic upside down error, wich i couldn't fix. I tried to unninstall and install it but the wii freezes when i choose the SDcard option under data magement. It doesn't boot the boot.elf file. I tried to change the HBC files to the others recommended on the bannerbomb website. And noone o them worked.

After it i unninstalled HBC from the Channels menu on Wii (i thought that maybe it was conflicting with something, but it wasn't) and i'm all outta optins now. And without my upside down (bit working) HBC.

There's any way of resetting my Wii so i can start it all over? Starting by the first step on this guide results on a "???" file on the Data Manegement menu.

Anyone?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Ok, I would like to point out that the "Modify 4.2 guide" has preloader hacks for 4.1x instead of 4.2
there multi 4.x hacks.ini don't worry about it if you open the hacks.ini and look for your system menu number you'll find the hacks for your region

lookduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question: For a hacked 4.1u, after complete the "update to 4.2", shall I complete the whole "modify 4.2" section or just install the HBC and skip the rest steps?

Thanks.

climo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pepelusky said:
Ok, it worked like a charm.
But my Homebrew Channel is upside down ):

I read somewhere that just by installing it again it would solve this problem. So, can i install it again? Just by repeating the
QUOTE said:
Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.
step?

Sorry for all these questions. The search engine on the forum isn't working, and well... the thread has more than 200 pages =p

I just tried this new version on a 3.4U wii and all went well......buy my HBC is upside down also. Last time I used this guide I did not have any issues. Whats required to get the HBC right side up?

sskiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I really don't get what's going on, but I pretty much did everything the hack said, and it worked. but when I burn a dvd using Memorex DVD+R and both Nero and ImgBurn at 2.4X, wii can't read my iso (1048 error for neogamma and loct1 error for softchip)

so I installed the cioscorp thing, and it STILL DOESN'T RECOGNIZE the dvd.

Is it because of the dvd I use? Memorex DVD+R 4.7GB? would Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB be any better?

sskiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Bloodlust said:
Ok, I would like to point out that the "Modify 4.2 guide" has preloader hacks for 4.1x instead of 4.2
there multi 4.x hacks.ini don't worry about it if you open the hacks.ini and look for your system menu number you'll find the hacks for your region
O that's why the hacks wont work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ