Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Giterdone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boywunda said:
First off, I had a new Wii, upgraded to 4.2, followed the 4.2 Modify guide and was working great with NeoGamma R7 in it's own channel. All Disc-loading.

Then tried to get NSMB working and upgraded to cios 38 rev 15 and cios 222 v4. Then use uloader 3.1 and loaded from disc...working great, beat World 1. Later my wife tried and got the "refer to manual and reboot Wii' error message after playing for a few minutes. Haven't tried anything since.

Also, NeoGamma R7 channel no longer works and cannot read my older games.

My question is, how to I revert back (getting rid of cios 38 rev 15 and cios 222 v4). I know I should never remove those, but what do I re-install? Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance

I've been looking for the answer to this question too. Has it been answered yet? I've been reading through but I"m only at page 167 of 266.
Sorry for the text sizing

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
My Wii used to be hacked, but my dad bought The Beatles: Rock Band and got really mad when it wouldn't play, so I did a system update and some other stuff and got it working.

I also bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii and did the update it came with, which removed the Homebrew Channel. I was fine with that, since I wasn't using it very much.

I'ld like to hack it again, but will those two games work?

sskiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CompC said:
My Wii used to be hacked, but my dad bought The Beatles: Rock Band and got really mad when it wouldn't play, so I did a system update and some other stuff and got it working.

I also bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii and did the update it came with, which removed the Homebrew Channel. I was fine with that, since I wasn't using it very much.

I'ld like to hack it again, but will those two games work?
from my experience, yes, retail games work

plus if you don't go for cioscorp, you are not changing anything in your wii, only the homebrew. you can still load your games the normal way-->which uses the original wii ios
or you could go to homebrew to neogamma or softchip to load the hacks.

that's theory only tho, cuz none of these hacks mentioned work...i wonder if it's cuz i use memorex dvd+r instead of verbatim dvd-r?

pontypool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to follow the instructions. but after installing boot2 i got an exception. & System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; doesnt appear on the list. only the pal device.
also i couldnt see anything about an emulator that i was supposed to disable.
i tried uninstalling it all and starting again. but now the sd micro card shows as a ?
wtf?

user786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide was awesome!

This is the FIRST time I have ever used a wii....Yes I am one of those LATE adopters
frown.gif

Anyway, my experience is that I have safely modded PSP etc so I have a little background.

I bought my first ever wii (it is a LU66 version unfortunately) from the store brought it home, unpacked and set it up and immediately followed EVERY WORD of this guide and ended up with a wii that could play WBFS games from my sandisk USB thumb drive.

I would say that is enough evidence that this guide is truly idiot proof if it is properly read over and over and over and then followed to the "T".

user786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question.

I might be able to find an older version of a brand new sealed in box older version wii under LU64 from a store near my house in a strip mall.

So I might go and buy that one and sell this one to a co-worker at my job as I now realize the older wii under LU64 is MUCH better to have.

Now comes the questions :)

I did nothing else to the wii except followed this guide perfectly and I also have a good nand.bin and keys.bin files backed up and safely stored away.

Can I somehow revert this wii to the ORIGINAL factory state by going into the bootmii and restoring the original nand.bin and keys files and then deleting any other left over stuff?

I would like to revert it to completely original unmodded state and sell it to my co-worker at my job.

Is this possible to do with my LU66 or not possible? Is there a guide somewhere to do this or does XZXERO have a guide with reverse steps based on this guide to undo this awesome mod ?

user786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply but I am still a bit confused....

So I have no need to use the nand.bin or keys.bin files that I made and so carefully stashed away safely? Aren't those used to get the wii back to the premodded state?

Also, when I went to that link/guide it did NOT specifically say whether this virginization can be done on ANY wii or if it will work only wiis before LU64. Seeing that there is such a difference between the older and newer LU64+ wiis, I just want to get some clarification rather than just assuming it works on all wiis.

Keep in mind I have an LU66 wii. Does following the guide exactly as described work for sure on LU66 version wiis?

I have proven that I can follow instructions perfectly to the "T" but I want to make sure the "virginize guide" also applies to LU64+ wiis

Thanks to anyone who can provide accurate input. You guys rock!!!!

zeedds said:

leoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK guys, a little help needed.

I followed this guide on a 4.1E Wii ( now 4.2E ) then installed the USB Loader GX last version. All my games apeared but when i choose play any of them i've got a black screen and have to unplug the wii ( reset don't work ).

So the question is: what have i missed?

Any light of you will be very apreciated.

Thanks.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.....the simplistic mod seems easy to follow, BUT Ive got a few questions.

1. Why go to 4.2 can the guide still be followed and stay on 4.1

I would rather not break region free yet, along with stub ios problems.
I had homebrew before (twighlight days) but my new one has a drivekey.
I just want to start usb loading and you guys do way more work than ALL the modchip teams put together. I will have to give your customer support here an A+

Admiral_Ackbar6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heya guys. Thanks for writing the guide.

I went through the last 10 pages or so of the topic, but couldn't find my issue.

Just went a bought a new Wii with the Walmart $50 gift card deal. It was 4.0 when I bought it, so I followed the first part of the guide, and now it says 4.2u. However, when I try to move on to the second part of the guide, I get a black screen. I am able to launch the homebrew channel, but when I hit the home button and then choose bootmii, I get a black screen and the dvd blue light just continually flashes. Any ideas? THanks.

user786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey xzxero. Your guide is perfect. I am a complete newbie first time wii user and I was able to mod my wii perfectly on first try.
Anyone who doesn't get it first time is beacuse they are not reading and following the steps EXACTLY.
Thanks for your awesome guide!

Quick question...I have a LU66 wii and I made the nand and keys backup and I have them safely put away and everything is working with USB Configurable Loader.

Can I use this instructions at the link below if I follow them exactly to make my LU66 virgin after I did your mod? DO I need to also do a nand restore or just follow the link below perfectly? I don't understand why the nand backup is done if it is not needed to bring the wii back to virgin state. Can you share some insight?

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

Thanks !!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the NAND backup is an exact copy of your Wii's NAND

If you made it as soon as you installed Bootmii then you can just restore to that point where it was unmodded.

the virgin guide works the same way, but it deletes the modded stuff one by one.

your better off using your NAND backup as it is an exact copy of your wii when it was not modded.

user786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

Does the nand restore function in bootmii wipe the wii nand totally empty first and then restore the backedup nand?
Do I need to format anything first from the wii or do I just load up bootmii from HBC and then restore the nand and I'm done ?

After restoring the nand do I have to do any other steps to remove priiloader and bootmii and HBC to get it back COMPLETELY virgin? Any traces of stuff will be left behind?

What about the keys.bin file? Do I need to use that for anything ? What would it ever be used for?

xzxero said:
the NAND backup is an exact copy of your Wii's NAND

If you made it as soon as you installed Bootmii then you can just restore to that point where it was unmodded.

the virgin guide works the same way, but it deletes the modded stuff one by one.

your better off using your NAND backup as it is an exact copy of your wii when it was not modded.

mutsnuts

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, im new to this softmod and am a little stuck.
Ive followed the instructions as far as

Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36

but when i look through the IOS 36 is not listed, i have 249, 254, 4,9,11,12,13,14,15,17,20,21,22,28,30,31,33,34,35,
all the rest dont show up, they are all on the SD card and ive formated the card and put them all on again to check but they still dont show up!!

Im totaly stuck now, can anyone offer any help?
thanks

i just ignored all that and updated to 4.2 online, much easier and quicker, job done, all installed and up and running as it should :) nice one for the tut :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo