Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

ruimoura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
this guide will work on ANY wii (as long as it is not Korean)

Yeah, i got it, thank you very much
smile.gif

yunior597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, my friend got korean wii swiched to usa, then i installed cioscorp 3.5, so to update without 003 brick i just need to install IOS70-64-v6687.wad, System Menu-NUS-v481 and all others ios?

Then i wont have 003 brick?

whobeit

Trophies
XP
Country
I have used this guide to update 4 different wii's so far. One was new out of the box and the other three were already softmodded but I used this to make sure everything was up to date.

The new wii and two of the others modded perfectly and was the quickest I have ever soft modded a console.

I had a few problems with my own console but the only thing I can put that down to is a lack of / conflict with some software already on my wii such as Cioscorp files or files I've tested on mine before using on others.

On the part "UPDATE TO 4.2" After installing IOS70-64-v6687.wad & System Menu-NUS-v482.wad for whatever reason the other IOS's wouldn't install (I think the error was -1035?),
It was only by chance that I fixed it by turning the console off and back on again straight after installing the system menu ( make sure its off and not standby - red light not orange! ).
I have no idea what caused it but I thought it was worth mentioning as I spent ages looking for a solution or way to bypass it

Another problem I had (again only on my own wii) was when I downgraded from 4.2 to 4.1 the console would freeze when I tried to access the SD card, this might of been a one off though as I have put it back on 4.2 and left it that way for now so I haven't tried downgrading it a second time.

I would just like to point out that most faults that people are having when soft modding are not down to the software but the fact they are not taking their time and not reading everything as they go along. Even if you have done this before its always best to read as you are going along because its easy to do things like load wad files in the wrong order!

Thanks to everyone involved
grog.gif

whobeit

Trophies
XP
Country
ruimoura said:
I'm just asking because the title says, clearly, "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" ... mine is not 4.2, is 4.2E. Don't take me wrong, i'm just trying to clarify if it really is for all 4.2 ...

Anyway, thanks for your answer.
You are on 4.2, the E stands for European, it doesn't mean its a newer version

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
again, can i ask. what are the benefits of having 4.2 over 4.1?

do i need 4.2 to play some of the newer games or something?

if there is no benefit to it then perhaps its best if i go back to 4.1 so that preloader can enable region free wii games and region free channels

is there no way i can use preloader .29 on a 4.2 machine, thus enabling the hacks for region free i am after? or am i just starting to mash things up now?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
@ longtom1

that's what the complete soft mod guide is for, lol

da_letter_a wrote one for 4.1 and 4.2 all regions, then the complete softmod guide released theirs which is for 4.X all regions. Other than those two sources, I don't think a universal hacks.ini can be found elsewhere... so yea, i guess if it were on wiibrew we would have slightly less newbs asking the same Qs
we didnt release our own, check the mediafire link, its the exact same one.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
why don't they just make a universal hacks.ini for download from wiibrew for all regions and firmwares as it would stop all noobs asking for different versions of the hacks.ini
cuz crediar will delete it, ive tried before
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(tommitek @ Nov 24 2009, 11:18 AM) again, can i ask. what are the benefits of having 4.2 over 4.1?

do i need 4.2 to play some of the newer games or something?

if there is no benefit to it then perhaps its best if i go back to 4.1 so that preloader can enable region free wii games and region free channels

is there no way i can use preloader .29 on a 4.2 machine, thus enabling the hacks for region free i am after? or am i just starting to mash things up now?
just region free loading wii games from the disc channel using a modchip or cIOSCorp.

no as ive said before, 4.2 has no region free hacks, get it through your dome.
if you want it, downgrade to 4.1

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ohhhh, I could've sworn I checked... my bad

But Da_Letter_A's thread says its for 4.1 and 4.2 all regions, and the complete softmod guide says its for 4.X systems of any region (I assumed this also included 4.0)

So does this hacks.ini file work on 4.0/4.1/4.2 or just 4.1/4.2 (doesn't really affect me as I'm on 4.2 anyways, I'm just curious)

Lastly, xzxero it sounds as if there are many people who are not getting an autoreply email from you to get the required files. I personally don't need the files, but I am curious if this has been resolved.

whobeit

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
your wii froze when accessing the sd card menu because you still had bannerbomb saved on your sd card
DOH!
I've got 3 different SD cards and must of put the wrong one in!
Thanks for that, all downgraded now.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
Ohhhh, I could've sworn I checked... my bad

But Da_Letter_A's thread says its for 4.1 and 4.2 all regions, and the complete softmod guide says its for 4.X systems of any region (I assumed this also included 4.0)

So does this hacks.ini file work on 4.0/4.1/4.2 or just 4.1/4.2 (doesn't really affect me as I'm on 4.2 anyways, I'm just curious)

Lastly, xzxero it sounds as if there are many people who are not getting an autoreply email from you to get the required files. I personally don't need the files, but I am curious if this has been resolved.
its all gravy guy
biggrin.gif

hmm i have to check that, i think i missed that [ the 4.0 thing]
it should only work on 4.1/4.2 if thats what da_letter_a said
he made it
biggrin.gif

the email thing, i dont why people arent getting it, everytime ive tried, from various email accounts, it always works.
maybe its a certain email site that isnt working, idk. like hotmail for something.

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi, i wanna update to 4.2 on my pal Wii, i just want to know something before i screw up again,... """ Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
*End.*
By the END im supposed TO TURN OFF THE WII and take the SD card and put the Modify 4.2 files or just TAKE THE SD card ,erase , put the (MODIFY 4.2) files AND CONTINUE WITH THE MODIFY 4.2 ???????? i want to install USB loader but seems that i need IOS 222, 223, 250 which i DON'T have installed on my 3.4E. Thanxxx for ur answer

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xflak40 said:
either install priiloader, or preloader 0.29 JODI (it's not installing because you don't have a patched system menu IOS, which is IOS60 on 4.1... Preloader 0.29 JODI still patches IOS60 on the fly, and priiloader doesn't require the system menu IOS to be patched) If you desperately want preloader 0.30 then install priiloader 0.29 JODI, then update it afterwards using preloader 0.30
Is Priiloader recommended over 0.30? If so, do I install it over 0.30 like with 0.29 or would I have uninstall both version first?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theclear said:
hi, i wanna update to 4.2 on my pal Wii, i just want to know something before i screw up again,... """ Updating your Wii
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
*End.*
By the END im supposed TO TURN OFF THE WII and take the SD card and put the Modify 4.2 files or just TAKE THE SD card ,erase , put the (MODIFY 4.2) files AND CONTINUE WITH THE MODIFY 4.2 ???????? i want to install USB loader but seems that i need IOS 222, 223, 250 which i DON'T have installed on my 3.4E. Thanxxx for ur answer
well it says, advance to the modify 4.2 section.
in the modify 4.2 section it tells you to run bannerbomb so you would have to turn off your wii.

Sc4rFac3d said:
QUOTE(xflak40 @ Nov 24 2009, 04:42 AM) either install priiloader, or preloader 0.29 JODI (it's not installing because you don't have a patched system menu IOS, which is IOS60 on 4.1... Preloader 0.29 JODI still patches IOS60 on the fly, and priiloader doesn't require the system menu IOS to be patched) If you desperately want preloader 0.30 then install priiloader 0.29 JODI, then update it afterwards using preloader 0.30
Is Priiloader recommended over 0.30? If so, do I install it over 0.30 like with 0.29 or would I have uninstall both version first?
preloader .30 and priiloader will overwrite a previous preloader .29 installation

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
theclear said:
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
*End.*
well it says, advance to the modify 4.2 section.
in the modify 4.2 section it tells you to run bannerbomb so you would have to turn off your wii.
that means " by the " END " JUST TAKE THE SD CARD, ERASE, PUT MODIFY 4.2 FILES AND KEEP FOLOWING THE GUIDE " I think now that i know why i screwed everything with the first Wii, thanxxx for your answer i will try tomorrow , KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK........... too bad i cant buy u a bier

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A quick question for confirmation, if I'm on 3.4 and want to move up to 4.1, can I follow the steps from the "Downgrade to 4.1" section to achieve it. I realize that things like the shop channel will still require more steps. My main motivation is to get on a system menu that can use preloader, as I can't use boot2 bootmii.

griffinf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have 1 Q&A on the 2nd part of (Restoring the Trucha Bug) when you have load ios15 and press a how long do you have to wait till it says press 1 because it went to a screen and it says exception, stack dump, code dump. am i in the right screen i did everything like you said could you help thanks

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have decided against moding my Wii because It's the only one I have and even though the chances are very slim,
I'm just afraid that I may someday run into a brick. So, I'm just going to wait till I get another Wii some day.
Thank you all once again for your help, the tutorials are great and easy to follow.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBahamut7 said:
I have decided against moding my Wii because It's the only one I have and even though the chances are very slim,
I'm just afraid that I may someday run into a brick. So, I'm just going to wait till I get another Wii some day.
Thank you all once again for your help, the tutorials are great and easy to follow.
Too bad. You're gonna be missing out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.