• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

kuryushibo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am at the delete stub ios part and i cannot find any of the IOS222, IOS223,....
I get an error when i try choose IOS36 in ATD

do i need wii internet to do the ATD part and WAD manager

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi , i sent my Wii to nintendo a couple days ago to repair cause , i bricked with this guide. Now that i got it back again , i update to 3.4E with a disc from SPorts Resort , did the softmod and now i can play any backup dics at all , the same ones i use to play, i got it back with serial LEH-1936, whaat could be the problem????

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i already have a modded wii 4.1e but i want to upgrade to 4.2e what is the best way to upgade to 4.2e and after i upgrade where do i need to start on your guide as i need to test your guide before i use it on virgin wiis thanx for any help given ...........
wacko.gif

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
theclear said:
Hi , i sent my Wii to nintendo a couple days ago to repair cause , i bricked with this guide. Now that i got it back again , i update to 3.4E with a disc from SPorts Resort , did the softmod and now i can play any backup dics at all , the same ones i use to play, i got it back with serial LEH-1936, whaat could be the problem????

HOW CAN YOU BLAME THIS GUIDE WHEN HUNDREDS OF OTHER MEMBERS HAVE USED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS SO YOU BRICKED YOUR WII BECAUSE OF YOU NOT BECAUSE OF THE GUIDE ......

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Theres no need to shout. Eventhough the chance is VERY small, there is ALWAYS a chance that the guide bricks the wii.

jaykop said:
hello i already have a modded wii 4.1e but i want to upgrade to 4.2e what is the best way to upgade to 4.2e and after i upgrade where do i need to start on your guide as i need to test your guide before i use it on virgin wiis thanx for any help given ...........
wacko.gif
Update officially and start from the beginning (just make sure you already have the latest HBC so it will work after the update)
smile.gif

and @theclear: what cIOS do you have now?

Kingc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Kuryushibo: The stub IOS titles did not appear for me either. Just skip it, as stated in the guide.

And to xzero: I followed the guide and had "zero" problems
biggrin.gif
Everything is working sweetly...

Only one remark. You should probably edit the part about earasing/renaming "bootmii folder, nand, and keys"...if you rename the bootmii folder, it wont boot as boot2 before the sys menu...And we do want it to boot right?

...or whats really the point? I'm just trying to understand how bootmii works....Should I keep the bootmii folder on my SD so when I boot up I get bootmii? OR should I rename the folder, boot right into system menu, and IF I mess something up later, THEN rename the folder to "bootmii" so I get bootmii on startup?

Dunno if I made my self clear there, or if it didn't made any sense
smile.gif
If someone did understand and can fill me in a bit, that would be swell
smile.gif

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
Theres no need to shout. Eventhough the chance is VERY small, there is ALWAYS a chance that the guide bricks the wii.

jaykop said:
wacko.gif

Update officially and start from the beginning (just make sure you already have the latest HBC so it will work after the update)
smile.gif

and @theclear: what cIOS do you have now?

I have ios 249, seems that i have this could that be the problem???

Posts merged

jaykop said:
QUOTE(theclear @ Nov 21 2009, 01:10 PM)

HOW CAN YOU BLAME THIS GUIDE WHEN HUNDREDS OF OTHER MEMBERS HAVE USED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS SO YOU BRICKED YOUR WII BECAUSE OF YOU NOT BECAUSE OF THE GUIDE ......
SHUT UP IM NOT BLAMING NOBODY

wilk007

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Please help!
PAL 4.0E
through
NeoGamma R7
cIOS Rev14,
iso 249
thats my latest set up.
I can play beatles and call of duty modern warfare backup games however when trying to load my backup GH5 I just get a black screen when launching from dvd.
firstly please tell me what i'm missing to run the game and also is there better launcher out there i can load and where is the link found
many thanks for any pointers
regards Wilk
unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kingc said:
Kuryushibo: The stub IOS titles did not appear for me either. Just skip it, as stated in the guide.

And to xzxero: I followed the guide and had "zero" problems
biggrin.gif
Everything is working sweetly...

Only one remark. You should probably edit the part about earasing/renaming "bootmii folder, nand, and keys"...if you rename the bootmii folder, it wont boot as boot2 before the sys menu...And we do want it to boot right?

...or whats really the point? I'm just trying to understand how bootmii works....Should I keep the bootmii folder on my SD so when I boot up I get bootmii? OR should I rename the folder, boot right into system menu, and IF I mess something up later, THEN rename the folder to "bootmii" so I get bootmii on startup?

Dunno if I made my self clear there, or if it didn't made any sense
smile.gif
If someone did understand and can fill me in a bit, that would be swell
smile.gif
the renaming of the bootmii folder is only to go directly to the Wii menu instead of always seeing the bootmii menu. If you need bootmii, you just need to rename the folder to bootmii again

Thats just done as many people don't like seeing the bootmii menu every time. If you have no problem with it, you don't need to change the folder name
smile.gif

@theclear: I haven't heard of that causing troubles (there is a small chance). But I have no idea what it could be right now, so if anyone else knows ...
I'll reply if I find something myself

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wilk007 said:
Hi Please help!
PAL 4.0E
through
NeoGamma R7
cIOS Rev14,
iso 249
thats my latest set up.
I can play beatles and call of duty modern warfare backup games however when trying to load my backup GH5 I just get a black screen when launching from dvd.
firstly please tell me what i'm missing to run the game and also is there better launcher out there i can load and where is the link found
many thanks for any pointers
regards Wilk
unsure.gif
try using softchip to run the game under IOS222 or IOS223

edit: thanks for the correction tj_cool!

shaka_adim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi,
i have a problem regardin your soft mod..
i used to use softmii without any problem but then new super mario came and.. you know
tongue.gif

so i modded using your tut and now boy and his blob gives me an 001 error and blacksceens my wii so that i have to unplug.
any help? would really aprieciate it as the soft mod seems to be very good apart from that
cheers

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool
thanxx for ur effort , but seems that the new WII a got it from nintendo repair service comes with this drive an cant be softmodded cause does not read backups , does someone here have the same drive ? can u play backups?? I really don't want to open my WII and avoid the guaranty

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theclear said:
zeedds said:
save yer laser and just use a usb loader
thanxx for ur answer , work that good?/? Do i need a specific drive ?? can u point me in the right direction to load usb loader on my WII??

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra
its work on all wiis, drive type is irrelevant

QUOTE(GameWinner @ Nov 21 2009, 03:51 PM)
if i update using your guide will it erase all my Wiiware,Game saves, and things like that?
no, the only way these erase is through a format or anytitle deleter

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
theclear said:
zeedds said:
save yer laser and just use a usb loader
thanxx for ur answer , work that good?/? Do i need a specific drive ?? can u point me in the right direction to load usb loader on my WII??
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra
its work on all wiis, drive type is irrelevant
Thanxxx for ur answer , i softmoded my pal WII 3.4e with this guide::
PART 1:
-------

Insert SD card into Card Reader on your PC.

Backup your SD Card if you want to keep the data on it.

Format your SD card in FAT format.

Extract all files in Part1.rar straight to your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the Wii.

Click on Wii Settings in the bottom left.

Select Data Management.

Select Channels and click SD up the top.

You should be presented with a "Load boot.dol/.elf" message, click OK.

In the HackMii installer go ahead and install Bootmii (To both IOS and Boot2 if possible).

Install the Homebrew Channel.

Then install DVDx.

Exit the HackMii installer.

PART 2:
-------

Insert SD card into Card Reader on your PC.

Extract all files in Part2.rar straight to your SD Card overwriting all files that already exist.

Insert the SD Card into the Wii.

Start the Homebrew Channel

Press the "HOME" button on the Wii controller and choose BootMii.

After a few seconds you will be loaded into the CIOSrev14 Installer.

When prompted which IOS to use, scroll to the left and select "Do not reload IOS"

Choose WAD install and press A.

Once finished restart the Wii and open the Homebrew Channel.

Open the Wad Manager from the Homebrew Channel (Not by pressing HOME and Bootmii)

Choose IOS IOS249 when it asks what IOS to use (It will should already be selected)

Choose SD Card and install "NeoR7.wad"

Exit out of Wad Manager.

You should now be done and have NEO gamma on your Wii's main channels page. (This loads copied games)..... I got this one from a friend and did work with the Wii i sent to repair, but does not work with the new one i got from Nintendo, cause says Disk Error, DO i need to deleting something or just load the USB loader in it?? maybe im been boring but i I DONT WANNA DIE ,cause if brick again my wife will kill me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay