Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
1 more question
smile.gif
which of the playing backup games method do u recommend? ciocorp v3.5 or softmii? does softmii run discs through the disc channel or through HBC?(sorry thats 2 questions and 1 to come:P)
and lastly, from the voting poll at the top, how are so many people failing at following this guide? seemed nice and thorough. gj on the guide btw
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
keep up the good work.

squallz3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using Amarokz softmod guide for 4.2 and i must have done something wrong. I tried to pick up somewhere in your guide from where i left off in Amarokz's guide but the two seemed very different. Well, I couldn't get the usb loader or the gammaR7 working. Here's the steps that i took using Amarokz's guide:

When i was installing IOS38rev14 it did not prompt me or let me choose the option "Do not reload IOS"

I continued on and kept with the network install (as that was the only thing i was prompted for).

It worked but with an error or two but it said it was complete. (i trudged forward)

I went to running the DOP-IOS.

Each IOS (53,55 and 70) Had encountered one error apiece. But, it had told me that it was complete and installed. (again, not sure if this is normal but i continued on)

I chose not to install the Hermes cIOS.

Then i went onto the final step: Install backuploaders.

When i started Wad manager it did not prompt me to choose IOS249. It went straight to the selection screen:

--------
IOS249
NeogammaR7.wad
USBloaderGX.wad
-------------

So i just skipped the step on the guide that told me to choose IOS249 and instead, went straight to NeogammaR7.wad.

It came up with an error and wouldn't install.

Then i chose USBloaderGX.wad and it came up with an error and wouldn't install.

So then i decided maybe the guide meant the IOS249 above the neogamma option. (Step 3: Select IOS249)

So i select IOS249, hit install, it installed whatever that was.

Then i went back to neogamma and usbloader and i still had the same error message.

Then i took the SD card out and put it into my PC, renamed boot_wadmanager.dol back to boot.dol and then i renamed the other boot.dol back to cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol so that i could get the Wad manager from the boot screen rather than HBC.

When i did that i got the USB loader to Install but not the NeogammaR7.

The error message i received from the neogamma R7.wad when i tried to install it was:

>>Installing content #00.... ERROR1 (ret= -1022)

Also, sidenote: I went to the USB loader App on HBC and went to start. Everything looked great until the screen went black and then filled up with white words and numbers in 3 paragraphs on my t.v.

Any ideas zero?

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok , due to the extremely useful information in this guide, this noob has successfully modded his wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciation to all involved.
I am now trying to play dvd movies. I can play burnt movies as long as they are on dvd-r. Problem is most ofmy movies are on dvd+r. I mplayer-ce installed. Is there a different player that will allow me to play dvd+r movies, or is the drive for - only? As I said before the main reason I did the mod is for dvd playback. Thanx in advance for any help

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
1 more question
smile.gif
which of the playing backup games method do u recommend? ciocorp v3.5 or softmii? does softmii run discs through the disc channel or through HBC?(sorry thats 2 questions and 1 to come:P)
and lastly, from the voting poll at the top, how are so many people failing at following this guide? seemed nice and thorough. gj on the guide btw
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
keep up the good work.
Neither. Neogamma R7 is what I recommend. Softchip is good for games that need IOS 222 or 223. I hear more bad things than good for Ciocorp. I haven't tried it personally but don't want to because of that. Considering it's this is the internet, 17% failure isn't too bad. It could be even less if they were able to hack their Wii in the end.

Edit:
Meant Softchip.

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, I encountered something odd. I softmodded someone's new Wii (firmware 4.2, s/n LEM102) and it is not able to read any DVD backup, period. Error 1101 all over. Also, after a restart, it seems that the changes made with preloader30 are nullified; the disabled health screen pops up again and the USBloader gives a black screen when it is started again - making me think that the first three options in preloaders' hacks.ini are nullified too.

I used this guide to softmod it, as I always do. Is this a new series of Wii's that are... more reluctant? The only info I can find so far is in French and doesn't really tell me anything, other than that this is due to a new batch of Wii's.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
1 more question
smile.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
keep up the good work.
its called softchip
never get those confused.
ever.

squallz3r0 said:
Should i just restart using your guide?
yes.

mrbudders said:
Ok , due to the extremely useful information in this guide, this noob has successfully modded his wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciation to all involved.
I am now trying to play dvd movies. I can play burnt movies as long as they are on dvd-r. Problem is most ofmy movies are on dvd+r. I mplayer-ce installed. I there a different player that will allow me to play dvd+r movies, or is the drive for - only? As I said before the main reason I did the mod is for dvd playback. Thanx in advance for any help
i think DVD playback with the new DVDX isnt compatiblte with mplayer ce .75
wait for an update.
on mplayer

QUOTE(HeBeertje @ Nov 5 2009, 09:23 AM)
Today, I encountered something odd. I softmodded someone's new Wii (firmware 4.2, s/n LEM102) and it is not able to read any DVD backup, period. Error 1101 all over. Also, after a restart, it seems that the changes made with preloader30 are nullified; the disabled health screen pops up again and the USBloader gives a black screen when it is started again - making me think that the first three options in preloaders' hacks.ini are nullified too.

I used this guide to softmod it, as I always do. Is this a new series of Wii's that are... more reluctant? The only info I can find so far is in French and doesn't really tell me anything, other than that this is due to a new batch of Wii's.
yea the -1101 error means your wii cant read any type of dvd's at all unless it is chipped.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
mrbudders said:
I am now trying to play dvd movies. I can play burnt movies as long as they are on dvd-r. Problem is most ofmy movies are on dvd+r. I mplayer-ce installed. I there a different player that will allow me to play dvd+r movies, or is the drive for - only? As I said before the main reason I did the mod is for dvd playback. Thanx in advance for any help
DVD playback with the new DVDX isnt compatiblte with mplayer ce .75
wait for an update.
Are you sure? I'm able to play commercial DVD movies on my Wii then with DVDx and Mplayer CE 0.75.

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
xzxero said:
mrbudders said:
DVD playback with the new DVDX isnt compatiblte with mplayer ce .75
wait for an update.
Are you sure? I'm able to play commercial DVD movies on my Wii then with DVDx and Mplayer CE 0.75.

Commercial work fine I am having trouble with movies burnt on dvd+R. Dvd-r play fine also.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am helping a noob with this guide and he finished it seemingly with no issues, but he is having issues installing wads. is that normal? should he use something other than WM 1.5, or does he need to install another ios/cios or anything?

Just a point in the right direction would be great.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
I am helping a noob with this guide and he finished it seemingly with no issues, but he is having issues installing wads. is that normal? should he use something other than WM 1.5, or does he need to install another ios/cios or anything?

what error do they receive?
mostly a no trucha error
other errors would mean the wad is bad.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
EmperorOfCanada said:

what error do they receive?
mostly a no trucha error
other errors would mean the wad is bad.

Does this guide not restore trucha though? or do they just need to install using a different IOS? Im trying to troubleshoot over msn so its a little trickier than if i could troubleshoot myself.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:

Does this guide not restore trucha though? or do they just need to install using a different IOS? Im trying to troubleshoot over msn so its a little trickier than if i could troubleshoot myself.
yes it does, it has its own section
the completesoftmodguide has it for 4.1 and lower
this is only for 4.2
if they followed the guide, then they didnt do the steps right.

EeZeEpEe said:
xzxero said:
what firmware are your guys on?
4.2U. You're not able to play DVD movies xzxero?
ive never tried
but i thought it wouldnt work because of the new titleid change from DVDX to DISC

QUOTE(xaxa @ Nov 5 2009, 06:11 PM)
Does the trucha bug only need to be restored once? I did it when I updated from 3.2 to 4.1.
if you update you IOS36 then yes only to install preloader
you can use IOS249 for apps

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a problem loading Gamecube backups from the disc channel on system menu 4.2. I've tried with GC Backup Launcher for Wii by WiiGator both versions 0.1 and 0.2 (which supports multi disc games).

When using preloader, system menu 4.2 and IOS70 Gamecube backups don't load from the disc channel.
When using preloader, system menu 4.1 and IOS60 it all works fine.

I can't see that there could be any difference in the patched IOS60 and IOS70. IOS60 was patched by preloader. IOS70 was patched by freethebug. There has to be something else that stops it working on system menu 4.2.
Perhaps system menu 4.2 does not allow earlier versions of MIOS just like Boot2v4 doesn't allow earlier versions of IOS. Can anyone confirm/disprove this? Maybe we need a new version of custom MIOS installer as the latest one is Version 10.

nysid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so, im on 4.0U
after update to 4.2U using the instruction in the Update section,
do i have to continue to the Modify section to through this part (Restoring the Trucha Bug,
Deleting stub IOS's & Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!