OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAII said:
So the answer is that I misunderstood the guide and that while it enables me to later do the aforementioned things by using an external application, nothing in the guide or package does on its own enable me to play backup games?
the guide provides files needed to install cIOS and trucha, read the after modding section

ctswoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ANyone know why I can't see any of my games except Wii Sports Resort?

I was able to upgrade to 4.2 and ran everything fine. All my games were working just fine until I went to play Wii Sports Resort. That game works fine but now it's the only one listed in USB Loader. There should be 125+ games. Still shows my HD as using 200GB+ space but only says I have one game...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

gizmoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me get past this problem?

gizmoguy said:
Hi having the same problem as below at step 1b, turned power off , used i different card but still getting dsi error.
my situation is slightly different though.
Friends wii that was previously on 3.2e with gamma channel installed, he upgraded to 4.2 by mistake.
I have used this guide many times before for other friends without problems, but this is the first time i have done the 4.2 method.
How do i get past this error, is the previous mod causing a conflict?
Thought the ninty update would of overwritten the previous mod, or is there stuff left over.
Oh forgot to say i also have bootmii as boot 2, unlike the problem below.

stylesxp said:
Thanks for the great tut. Can't believe I messed up somehow...

I currently have the following error on the screen: "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" with different codes (stack and code dumps).

Here's what I did (new virgin console):[*]Updated via Nintendo to get 4.2.[*]Extracted newmod.rar to 2GB SD card (listed as compatible card). Verified structure.[*]Followed instructions and installed Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS (boot2 was not available).[*]Created NAND backup and let it verify it.[*]Shutdown Wii, moved bootmii folder to computer, copied installer.log, keys.bin and nand.bin to computer.[*]Put SD card back in Wii, powered on, followed steps 1a to run trucha bug restorer. Pressed A a number of times until it was done. The first two times it said "load IOS from SD", something different the next few times - there were no options, something like "press A to continue...".[*]Started to follow steps 1b to run the trucha bug restorer again. For the "Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)" step, I used the left button to cycle through the different IOSs until it showed "IOS15" and then pressed A. This is where I got the error message. I didn't get to the "Wait till it says Press 1 then press it." step.I have done some google searches and have found that this error tends to come up most often with USB loaders. I was only able to find one related issue, but there was no resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, is it safe to power off my Wii? What steps should I take next? Hope I didn't already brick the thing.

Edit: Well, at least it doesn't appear to be bricked. I have restarted and can get back in to the trucha bug restorer. I tried step 1b again and got the same error.

Edit 2: This is resolved. I tried a number of times without luck at first. It only worked after completely unplugging the Wii and trying again (thanks xzxero). Note: I did not need to restore IOS15, as suggested later on.

stylesxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gizmoguy said:
Can anyone help me get past this problem?

gizmoguy said:
Hi having the same problem as below at step 1b, turned power off , used i different card but still getting dsi error.
my situation is slightly different though.
Friends wii that was previously on 3.2e with gamma channel installed, he upgraded to 4.2 by mistake.
I have used this guide many times before for other friends without problems, but this is the first time i have done the 4.2 method.
How do i get past this error, is the previous mod causing a conflict?
Thought the ninty update would of overwritten the previous mod, or is there stuff left over.
Oh forgot to say i also have bootmii as boot 2, unlike the problem below.

stylesxp said:
Thanks for the great tut. Can't believe I messed up somehow...

I currently have the following error on the screen: "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" with different codes (stack and code dumps).

Here's what I did (new virgin console):[*]Updated via Nintendo to get 4.2.[*]Extracted newmod.rar to 2GB SD card (listed as compatible card). Verified structure.[*]Followed instructions and installed Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS (boot2 was not available).[*]Created NAND backup and let it verify it.[*]Shutdown Wii, moved bootmii folder to computer, copied installer.log, keys.bin and nand.bin to computer.[*]Put SD card back in Wii, powered on, followed steps 1a to run trucha bug restorer. Pressed A a number of times until it was done. The first two times it said "load IOS from SD", something different the next few times - there were no options, something like "press A to continue...".[*]Started to follow steps 1b to run the trucha bug restorer again. For the "Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)" step, I used the left button to cycle through the different IOSs until it showed "IOS15" and then pressed A. This is where I got the error message. I didn't get to the "Wait till it says Press 1 then press it." step.I have done some google searches and have found that this error tends to come up most often with USB loaders. I was only able to find one related issue, but there was no resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, is it safe to power off my Wii? What steps should I take next? Hope I didn't already brick the thing.

Edit: Well, at least it doesn't appear to be bricked. I have restarted and can get back in to the trucha bug restorer. I tried step 1b again and got the same error.

Edit 2: This is resolved. I tried a number of times without luck at first. It only worked after completely unplugging the Wii and trying again (thanks xzxero). Note: I did not need to restore IOS15, as suggested later on.

Based on what has already been reported, you could try the following until you find something that works for you:
  • Power off and unplug the Wii. Retry.
  • Try a different SD card.
  • Restore IOS15 (using step 1c?) and try again starting on step 1a.
Although not previously listed as a resolution to this problem, I guess you could also try to format the SD, copy the files back over and try again.

Beware, I'm a noob. I'm just posting what has worked for me and others to workaround this problem.

stylesxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again for the great tut. Other than the random DSI error that I was able to workaround, everything has gone very smoothly.

I am now trying to install preloader, as bootmii could only be installed as IOS. I'm getting the pretty common "Unable to read ticket, abort mission" error. This seems to happen pretty regularly on virgin Wiis. It appears that most people have been able to workaround this by installing the Preloader v0.29 - JODI Patched version first, then installing preloader v0.30 by phpgeek over-top. I'd hate to brick my Wii at this stage, so I would just like to get some pointers and clarification (I'm a complete noob).

First of all, I just want to make sure that this workaround is actually needed. For example, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Please note that I have tried installing it using + and also + while holding down B, but neither work.

If I really need to use the 0.29 JODI version, do I need to do/install anything else before installing this? I had a virgin Wii with 4.2U before following this guide. I haven't done anything else. If not, then these are the steps that I think I'll need to use:

Install Preloader v0.29 - JODI Patched[*]Download Preloader v0.29 - JODI Patched from this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183596.[*]Extract the hacks.ini file from preloaderv0.29-jodi.rar to the root of the SD card (Important! Do not use this hacks.ini for 4.2E - see link above for more info).[*]Extract the preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol file from preloaderv0.29-jodi.rar to apps\preloaderv0.29-jodi on the SD card.[*]Rename apps\preloaderv0.29-jodi\preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol to apps\preloaderv0.29-jodi\boot.dol.[*]Copy icon.png and meta.xml from the apps\preloaderv0.30r3-phpgeek to the apps\preloaderv0.29-jodi folder.[*]Edit apps\preloaderv0.29-jodi\meta.xml and change "Preloader .30" to "Preloader .29 JODI".[*]Move apps\preloaderv0.30r3-phpgeek to computer (to be used in second step).[*]Put SD card in Wii and load Preloader .29 JODI.[*]Press + while holding B(?) to install and follow on-screen instructions.[*]Do not enable any hacks yet.
Install Preloader v0.30r4 by phpgeek[*]Download the latest revision of Preloader .30 by phpgeek from this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=185487.[*]Delete the apps\preloaderv0.29-jodi folder.[*]Move preloaderv0.30r3-phpgeek from the computer back to the apps folder on the SD card.[*]Rename apps\preloaderv0.30r3-phpgeek to apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.[*]Delete apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek\boot.dol.[*]Copy apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek\hacks.ini to root of the SD card (overwrite existing hacks.ini).[*]Extract preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.dol from the preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.rar to apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.[*]Rename apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek.dol to apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek\boot.dol.[*]Put SD card in Wii and load Preloader .30.[*]Press + while holding down B to install and follow on-screen instructions.[*]Enable desired hacks.
I haven't done this yet and I'd appreciate confirmation that these steps are correct. I'll update this thread with any corrections that I'm given.

gizmoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried above again and now i seem to be making progress.
Done thr tbr section and the any title delete section.
There was no ios249 listed so continued deleting others listed in guide.
Now on section 3 custom ios38 installer and now am getting another error

Installing custom ios
Install error 1035.

Help please.

Also when i was on any title section there was a ios 254, left it alone as it was not listed in guide but could this be my problem.

ctswoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was able to upgrade to 4.2 and ran everything fine. All my games were working just fine until I went to play Wii Sports Resort. That game works fine but now it's the only one listed in USB Loader. There should be 125+ games. Still shows my HD as using 200GB+ space but only says I have one game...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************
________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________

I upgraded to 4.2, ran everything and now nothing comes up when I click on the USB Loader. Anyone know how I can remove everything and start from scratch?? Remove all mod's and then start from the 4.2 guide from the beginning?

Thanks!

MargusP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.demarketubbergen.nl
XP
Country
ctswoosh said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I upgraded to 4.2, ran everything and now nothing comes up when I click on the USB Loader. Anyone know how I can remove everything and start from scratch?? Remove all mod's and then start from the 4.2 guide from the beginning?

Thanks!

Wii Settings/Format Wii system memory

MargusP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.demarketubbergen.nl
XP
Country
Updated my WII to 4.2e I downloaded the newmod pack, but there is only general stuff, nothing specific for the Pal region. DO i use the stuff from 4.1e pack? Is the hack.ini nessecary? Really would like some clarification from the awsome guide maker. =)

Respectfully, your fan, MargusP.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MargusP said:
Updated my WII to 4.2e I downloaded the newmod pack, but there is only general stuff, nothing specific for the Pal region. DO i use the stuff from 4.1e pack? Is the hack.ini nessecary? Really would like some clarification from the awsome guide maker. =)

Respectfully, your fan, MargusP.

didn't you notice the title before you downloaded the pack.
4.2 NTSC, NTSC-J, & PAL Wii's "newmod.rar"

capitol PAL Wii's

MargusP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.demarketubbergen.nl
XP
Country
I noticed, but i never saw anything mentioned about special files for 4.2e

For example 4.1e guide had its own hack.ini and Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users; System Menu-NUS-v448.wad for ntsc-j users] and exit.

Sorry if im asking stupid questions, but i want to be 110% sure that i will not brick my wii. =)

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MargusP said:
I noticed, but i never saw anything mentioned about special files for 4.2e

For example 4.1e guide had its own hack.ini and Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users; System Menu-NUS-v448.wad for ntsc-j users] and exit.

Sorry if im asking stupid questions, but i want to be 110% sure that i will not brick my wii. =)

ok well lets see are you going to use that guide or this one, Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod

i would suggest using the latter, it continues to be updated frequently. Plus it does not confuse you by jumping ahead to optional items that you my not want (ie. Hack.ini and preloader). By which i mean if you don't want preloader then you don't need hacks.ini.

phantasmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed this guide and it worked flawlessly on a new 4.2 system.

I did have a question about Backups if anyone could help me out. I know I can run WiiBrickBlock on the ISO images of the backups, however when when I purchase a retail game, should I not use it until I created a backup and ran WiiBrickBlock on the ISO?

If anyone could help me out with an answer on this one, that would be great! Don't want to run a game that will brick my Wii!

I also read about StarFall, but I haven't read anything where people have used it in conjunction with this Mod on this Thread, is that an option?

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
When playing beatles rockband , the wii will not boot up the disk , in the usbloader gx it boots fine with 249 but the microphone is the only thing that works , machine cannot find the drums or the guitar, i tried to boot with 223 but it is the same issue . I am using rockband 2 drums and guitars ... Any Ideas what I could do ?..Thanks Again Bud...

Edit , I tried to reinstall 223 with cIOS38_rev 14 installer but still no luck ,
plus i still cant get the original cd to boot with the wii ...
Thaks Bud

Is this subject taboo?

please offer some advice ...Thanks Bud

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:
When playing beatles rockband , the wii will not boot up the disk , in the usbloader gx it boots fine with 249 but the microphone is the only thing that works , machine cannot find the drums or the guitar, i tried to boot with 223 but it is the same issue . I am using rockband 2 drums and guitars ... Any Ideas what I could do ?..Thanks Again Bud...

Edit , I tried to reinstall 223 with cIOS38_rev 14 installer but still no luck ,
plus i still cant get the original cd to boot with the wii ...
Thaks Bud

Is this subject taboo?

please offer some advice ...Thanks Bud
hmm thats wierd.
i use cIOS249 and 002 error fix and everything works fine

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
phantasmik said:
So I followed this guide and it worked flawlessly on a new 4.2 system.

I did have a question about Backups if anyone could help me out. I know I can run WiiBrickBlock on the ISO images of the backups, however when when I purchase a retail game, should I not use it until I created a backup and ran WiiBrickBlock on the ISO?

If anyone could help me out with an answer on this one, that would be great! Don't want to run a game that will brick my Wii!

I also read about StarFall, but I haven't read anything where people have used it in conjunction with this Mod on this Thread, is that an option?

Install Preloader and enable the Block disc updates hack.

Then you won't ever need to brickblock again =)

By the way Preloader>Starfall

Preloader has practically everything starfall has, but it has a menu to save you from a brick. (Banner brick)

Instead of having to use bootmii everytime to restore your nand.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the 4.2 method only for Wiis that are already on 4.2? or does it actually get you to safely install 4.2? Could I follow the 4.1 guide and then the 4.2 guide on the same Wii later on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes