• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

XaviorPenguin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from a 3.2 to 4.2 using the Safe Updater to 4.2. I then followed the directions here and it is all working. I have yet to test any backups but it will do DVDs without a problem as long as I have my MPlayer running.

Thank you very much! This is so awesome!

Weeping81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was having some difficulties....

But I was following the 4.2 Method and I got up to Step 3 with no visable troubles...

When I follow Step 3 the following occurs....

I choose IOS36 and Press A
I choose Wad Install and Press A
Everything seems to be installing fine all saying success but then it gets to "Installing custom IOS Install Error! (ret=-1035)
Finishing Installtion please wait.....ok

Then I can return to the homebrew channel...

If I try to move on to step 4 I get more errors.....

Any suggestions to what I should do/try next?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weeping81 said:
Hi I was having some difficulties....

But I was following the 4.2 Method and I got up to Step 3 with no visable troubles...

When I follow Step 3 the following occurs....

I choose IOS36 and Press A
I choose Wad Install and Press A
Everything seems to be installing fine all saying success but then it gets to "Installing custom IOS Install Error! (ret=-1035)
Finishing Installtion please wait.....ok

Then I can return to the homebrew channel...

If I try to move on to step 4 I get more errors.....

Any suggestions to what I should do/try next?
am updating man,
i got you.

use Any Title Deleter DB to delete IOS's 222, 223, 249, 250

guide has been updated as well.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A.
Press A again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

Since newer Wii's don't support boot2 is there a reason to backup the NAND?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
If Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A.
Press A again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

yes, its always good to have a NAND backup for example,

you can run preloader and get into hbc to to load bootmii and restore your NAND

you can use startpatch's hack Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP get a an autobooting disc of hbc to load bootmii and restore your NAND.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xzxero said:
Bloodlust said:

you can use startpatch's hack Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP get a an autobooting disc of hbc to load bootmii and restore your NAND.

This may sound a bit noobish but I thought restoring the NAND if bootmii wasn't launched from boot2 isn't reliable?
blink.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
xzxero said:
Bloodlust said:

This may sound a bit noobish but I thought restoring the NAND if bootmii wasn't launched from boot2 isn't reliable?
blink.gif
well i would say its reliable if you can get to hbc and launch bootmii

basically the only difference between bootmii boot2 and ios is that boot2 is started basically before anything, and IOS is installed within the system.

so if you can get into hbc and launch bootmii, its the same thing as launching bootmii via boot2.

although obviously boot2 is more reliable.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xzxero said:
Bloodlust said:
xzxero said:
Bloodlust said:

blink.gif
well i would say its reliable if you can get to hbc and launch bootmii

basically the only difference between bootmii boot2 and ios is that boot2 is started basically before anything, and IOS is installed within the system.

so if you can get into hbc and launch bootmii, its the same thing as launching bootmii via boot2.

although obviously boot2 is more reliable.

I see... thanks for the info. Just one more question. My bootmii is still at beta 2. Should I update it to the latest version and make a backup?

Weeping81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
am updating man,
i got you.

use Any Title Deleter DB to delete IOS's 222, 223, 249, 250

guide has been updated as well.
Ok after using title Deleter I was able to make it through the entire Faq without any noticable errors or issues....

I didnt do Step because I dont have a gamecube controller [7] [optional] Run MIOSpatcher

When trying to use Startpatch it starts doing something but stops and reloads to homebrew browswer with this error

ISFS_Open error 106

If I use NeoGamma to try an run backups I get DVD Read error [1101]

Any suggestions or direction where to look where I might have goofed?

dsixteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first i've updated my wii via Waninkoko's updater from 3.3e to 4.0e than 4.1e. than followed instructions.

it was fine till step
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.

ios249 is not there. shall i skip this step and keep going. there is ios249 @step4

4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
dsixteen said:
first i've updated my wii via Waninkoko's updater from 3.3e to 4.0e than 4.1e. than followed instructions.

it was fine till step
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

ios249 is not there. shall i skip this step and keep going. there is ios249 @step4

If 249 isn't on your Wii, do step 2 again (step 2 creates IOS249 on your system) as it must have failed.

dsixteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose WAD install and press A.

i've done this again and it says "custom ios installed successfully" bu still same. ios249 isnt there. as i said before it looks there @step4

by the way when i do step 2 it says selected ios(i0s36) will be installed as ios249. so if ios36 has installed as ios249 can i use ios36 instead of ios249 @step 3

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much! I managed to get this to work on my friend's Wii (I'm the guy who bricked another one of his earlier on in the week by being hasty). Your clear-cut, no-nonsense instructions certainly helped.

Two points:
1. If it hasn't been mentioned, you should add a simple optional step about updating Channels. It wasn't hard for me to find out how to update the Shop Channel using the Wii Channel Updater but it might help the next person if that step was there.
2. If I have another Wii that was safely softmodded a while ago and works fine as it is, how safe would it be to redo the main steps to reinstall particular WADs and IOSes? I'm guessing if there's any doubt, I should just leave it alone since as I said, it's fine...just curious, mostly.

Thanks again!

badbread01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi xzxero,

i have been reading this thread and it seems that you updated your tutorial on how to update your wii (i used your offline guide btw in updating mine from 3.2 to 4.1). now i need to help a frien to update his wii. can you repost the offline guide again? im looking on the first page and it seems that you have updated it. thanks! (i'm not yet updating mine to 4.2 because my wii is a korean console. i have read that there are issues if you try to update to 4.2 with this type of console.)

thanks again and more power!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xzxero, now that the new trucha bug restorer is out you should really make your tutorial legal again.
You could just take your old tutorials, replace the trucha bug restorer with trucha bug restorer mod and have it for all system menu versions. ^^

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
xzxero, now that the new trucha bug restorer is out you should really make your tutorial legal again.
You could just take your old tutorials, replace the trucha bug restorer with trucha bug restorer mod and have it for all system menu versions. ^^
i knoww, im lazy, but ill get to it!

back to NUSD for the noobs.

dsixteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsixteen said:

it was fine till step
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

@xzxero
do you have an idea about my issue. i've skipped 3] Run Dop-IOS MOD thing and completed rest. it looks ok now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto