Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't fix it. Same problem.

I was also told to install IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad think thatd work?

i wonder if i accidently deleted a different iios with anytitle deleter...*sigh* would this fix that if that were the case?

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
LxTrix said:
That didn't fix it. Same problem.
Then its one of those priiloader bugs.

uninstall it, then try again.

I tried to uninstall preloader but it said unable to restore system menu, aborted

EDIT: just tried uninstalling Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad so i could reinstall it to see if that would help but when trying to uninstall says

ret = -1017

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i restored the trucha bug again word for word following your guide then i tried to reinstall that wad file and it let me but didn't fic the problem, i then tried to uninstall that wad file so i could reinstall it and it gave the -1017 error again. So that doesn't seem to make since

so is my last option installing IOS70-64-v6687.wad first and then System Menu-NUS-v481.wad?

I know if that doesn't work this wii is done for......so is there any options i should take before doing this or shoulld i just go for it?

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I love the fact that this patch worked so well...
I hate the fact that I can't play any .pal ISO's or really much anything newer like Beatles RB, Guitar Hero 5...

My friend has a wii that was modded in it's original form and his plays everything.
I don't have a clue how to update my cIOS, don't understand how I can make mine more compatible without bricking, I mean without a guide I don't even know what is safe to do or not to do, mine didn't backup to boot2 so if I brick I'm F***ed. In this guide it was like remove this cIOS, then add this cIOS, then remove this one, etc... and the slightest mis step and you're f'ed what do you do to set your cIOS to 222 or 223 which I have read were more compatible, but what if 249 is needed again, and why is that set as the default for this guide if it's so uncompatible with games? I hear people used several cIOS or switch between them or something... to me I'm completely in the dark.

What can I do to make my wii more compatible with the games based on this 4.2 update??

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clark Kent said:
I love the fact that this patch worked so well...
I hate the fact that I can't play any .pal ISO's or really much anything newer like Beatles RB, Guitar Hero 5...

My friend has a wii that was modded in it's original form and his plays everything.
I don't have a clue how to update my cIOS, don't understand how I can make mine more compatible without bricking, I mean without a guide I don't even know what is safe to do or not to do, mine didn't backup to boot2 so if I brick I'm F***ed. In this guide it was like remove this cIOS, then add this cIOS, then remove this one, etc... and the slightest mis step and you're f'ed what do you do to set your cIOS to 222 or 223 which I have read were more compatible, but what if 249 is needed again, and why is that set as the default for this guide if it's so uncompatible with games? I hear people used several cIOS or switch between them or something... to me I'm completely in the dark.

What can I do to make my wii more compatible with the games based on this 4.2 update??
are you loading via disc?

if so using cIOSCORP loads games straight from the disc channel flawlessly.

other than that, you will have to stick to rev14 of IOS249, because rev15 breaks disc channel loading.

neogamma always uses IOS249, so if a game does not work there, you have to use softchip and load IOS222 or 223.

i would recommend cIOSCORP as it is the simplest way to play backups, and can be completely uninstalled.

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes loading via Disc...

OK, I emailed [email protected] and they sent me the file link which I assume is the latest 3.5 version.
I downloaded and have __MACOSX folder which I know I don't need and then an apps and a cioscorp folder. The apps folder has corpinstaller inside, do I just put that folder in my SD apps folder? The cioscorp folder has a bunch of CIOS, plus CIOSBUGFIX37.wad, CIOSBUGFIX38.wad, CIOSBUGFIX53.wad and CIOSBUGFIX55.wad

This is where I get worried I've read elsewhere that CIOSCORP is a sure way to brick and some people actually warn to stay away from it. Is this just if you don't know what you're doing cause I can tell you I haven't a clue, but if you can steer me through this safely like you did with this modification guide I'd gladly add it and be extremely grateful!!!.... as I need the compatibility I play everything off DISC!

Thanks..

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for this guide, everything worked perfectly!
biggrin.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been on 4.1 for a while. Might be time to go up to 4.2. Before I do so, just follow the guide step by step whether or not my Wii is already modded?

I'm getting tons of black screen errors on my games. Probably from bad USB loader transfers though.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Digital1980 said:
Been on 4.1 for a while. Might be time to go up to 4.2. Before I do so, just follow the guide step by step whether or not my Wii is already modded?

I'm getting tons of black screen errors on my games. Probably from bad USB loader transfers though.
updating to 4.2 won't give you anything more than 4.1 has
so I wouldn't do it

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Digital1980 said:

updating to 4.2 won't give you anything more than 4.1 has
so I wouldn't do it

That is all I needed to hear. Thanks tj_cool.
lecture.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clark Kent said:
Yes loading via Disc...

OK, I emailed [email protected] and they sent me the file link which I assume is the latest 3.5 version.
I downloaded and have __MACOSX folder which I know I don't need and then an apps and a cioscorp folder. The apps folder has corpinstaller inside, do I just put that folder in my SD apps folder? The cioscorp folder has a bunch of CIOS, plus CIOSBUGFIX37.wad, CIOSBUGFIX38.wad, CIOSBUGFIX53.wad and CIOSBUGFIX55.wad

This is where I get worried I've read elsewhere that CIOSCORP is a sure way to brick and some people actually warn to stay away from it. Is this just if you don't know what you're doing cause I can tell you I haven't a clue, but if you can steer me through this safely like you did with this modification guide I'd gladly add it and be extremely grateful!!!.... as I need the compatibility I play everything off DISC!

Thanks..
its [email protected]
you have a really outdated version of cioscorp that will brick newer wii's.
the latest version is 3.6
you have like v2.

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
xzxero said:
its [email protected]
you have a really outdated version of cioscorp that will brick newer wii's.
the latest version is 3.6
you have like v2.
The email address was actually [email protected] but thanks for letting me know there is a newer one that may be less brickable.

Here's a few questions...

In the instructions for the install at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196898

It says "Just be sure to install cIOSCORP v3.6 BEFORE installing System Menu 4.2x, and DON'T OVERWRITE
IOS70!" ok first part of that sounds simple enough but when I install will it actually come to an IOS70 with an option to overwrite or to ignore? Or is this something I can do accidentally without any warning?

Also, the extra installer asks you to install EITHER WiiGator's OR Waninkoko's cmios, since I know nothing about either of these, which one is better, what are the advatages? What do you suggest xzxero and why?

I believe upon original install off this 4.2 mod and the priloader, I denied the DVDX hack, should I go in an enable that before I update with this, or just leave it?

Thanks, again just trying to cover all the bases before I jump into the update.
lecture.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero, i don't know how bad your PM box is right now so i figured i point this out here
tongue.gif

the dop-ios mod...mod is no longer a mod of a mod. giantpune has been added to the svn commit list and Arikado has merged with pune's source. one more bug needs to be worked out and then it will be released as Dop-IOS MOD 10.

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good guide. Worked for me. The only thing I ran into by following your steps was the upside down HBC but that was quickly fixed with a reinstall of the HBC. Its nice to get off 3.2u but now I no longer have the ability to block updates.

Is the CIOSCORP 3.6 okay to use on a 4.1u that was downgraded from 4.2 by using your instructions? Anything special I need to do prior? I already have a NAND backup.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clark Kent said:
The email address was actually [email protected] but thanks for letting me know there is a newer one that may be less brickable.

Here's a few questions...

In the instructions for the install at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196898

It says "Just be sure to install cIOSCORP v3.6 BEFORE installing System Menu 4.2x, and DON'T OVERWRITE
IOS70!" ok first part of that sounds simple enough but when I install will it actually come to an IOS70 with an option to overwrite or to ignore? Or is this something I can do accidentally without any warning?

Also, the extra installer asks you to install EITHER WiiGator's OR Waninkoko's cmios, since I know nothing about either of these, which one is better, what are the advatages? What do you suggest xzxero and why?

I believe upon original install off this 4.2 mod and the priloader, I denied the DVDX hack, should I go in an enable that before I update with this, or just leave it?

Thanks, again just trying to cover all the bases before I jump into the update.
lecture.gif

the installing 3.6 before the system menu only aplies to korean wii's.
I use Wiigators as it works with every game i throw at it.
No the DVDX is only for playing dvd's with mplayer. nothing else.

Old8oy said:
xzxero, i don't know how bad your PM box is right now so i figured i point this out here
tongue.gif

the dop-ios mod...mod is no longer a mod of a mod. giantpune has been added to the svn commit list and Arikado has merged with pune's source. one more bug needs to be worked out and then it will be released as Dop-IOS MOD 10.
awesome, so its almost out?
are you referring to the DOP-IOS in CSG or the note above the guide? ill assume both.
biggrin.gif

good to know giantpune is in on this offically
biggrin.gif

but technically the first release or so was a mod of a mod right?

QUOTE(thewiiman @ Dec 19 2009, 04:08 PM)
Good guide. Worked for me. The only thing I ran into by following your steps was the upside down HBC but that was quickly fixed with a reinstall of the HBC. Its nice to get off 3.2u but now I no longer have the ability to block updates.

Is the CIOSCORP 3.6 okay to use on a 4.1u that was downgraded from 4.2 by using your instructions? Anything special I need to do prior? I already have a NAND backup.
Yeah it says to re install HBC in the update section or else it will turn upside down.

cIOSCORP is good to go on any 3.x and 4.x menu.
the NAND backup is a + but everything cIOSCORP installs can be uninstalled so you wont have to use that really.

Convik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii wont read discs anymore so Im going to use a USB loader, can I extract the ISOs from my DVDs because I deleted them off my computer. If so, how?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!