Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

lowtek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It ended up being 3.4 out of the box. Thanks for your response.

Worked perfectly. However my HBC was upside down after the first step of the Trucha Bug Restore.
I simply kept following the guide with the upside down hbc and when I was all finished just re-installed HBC and bootmii through the v0.6 Hackmii Installer. Everything works perfect. Not tested a backup game but all homebrew is working, and I have not burnt a game in a long time because of usb loader.

Thanks

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TroyTheZombie said:
DozerGuy said:
It says to proceed to install the remaining 36 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad, but the update.zip wad folder only has 28 total files.

I wonder if your's didn't extract right. Mine has all 38 files.
Mine has 28 files as well, and it's the same in the zip. Is this correct? :s

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Thnx for this GREAT guide! I just have one question. Why should we update to 4.2 then modify and then again downgrade to 4.1? Is there any deference from making a safe update (to 4.1 for example) and then start the modification?

Thanks in advance..

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kkolko said:
TroyTheZombie said:
DozerGuy said:
It says to proceed to install the remaining 36 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad, but the update.zip wad folder only has 28 total files.

Prob a older version, have you downloaded the latest update.zip file? the last version had less wad files to install

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boobi_shabang said:
Kkolko said:
TroyTheZombie said:
DozerGuy said:

Prob a older version, have you downloaded the latest update.zip file? the last version had less wad files to install
I got the pack yesterday, Dec 16.

shaaynn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it wont let me delete the IOS with anytitle deleter.. i even went back and did the trucha bug thing properly.. help please ?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the name of the thread is "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below"... so what do u think?

because its Christmas time I won't call u stupid (I will just think it)

one piece of advice.... read the guide over carefully, word for word, TWICE, before attempting to mod ur wii... if u missed the TITLE, I wouldnt be surprised if u miss something else

I wish u all the best of luck modding your wii

Felis

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Very good guide! thx very much! One question: After I 'm done with *Modify 4.2* step I should keep all the files in my SD card?

OhYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the files from modify.zip on 2 systems both on 4.2u
Bootmii is boot2, not an IOS
I have followd the guid to the letter, and if I dont install priiloader everything works fine, but I want the system updates disabled so I dont have an update brick me.

I have had the installation of the Priiloader v0.1(rev15) crash during install and wipe out the system menu...
I have formated my SD card and re-extracted modify.zip to the root
So when I install priiloader I get Exception DSI occured
after that I cant get to the systemmenu anymore, only preloader

I have succesfully installed this priiloader on two other 4.2u Wiis a couple weeks ago, so is there a new update to 4.2u thats causing this problem? do I need a new version of priiloader?

So 2 things,
first, is there a way to repair the system menu or am I stuck restoring the NAND?

second, whats my problem, why does priiloader keep crashing?

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3xii Lexii said:
Hi yall. Me L3xii again. Anyways my lil brother just bought a Brand new Nintendo Wii from costco which was running 4.0U (obviously since i am from US/CALI). So I followed this guide as I have done before in the past with no problems. Anyways I ran in to a little problem today. As soon as I was done with the installation I Used homebrew browser and installed mplayer ce. However It was never able to play the DVD. I installed mplayer ce before on other wiis and it worked fine but it wont work for this wii for some reason. I even downloaded the mplayer ce from wiibrew.org and also tried mplayer tt and that didn't work either. Does anyone know why this is happening and have a suggestion in order to fix this. Thanks guys. Like i said its not a big huge problem, i would just like to get this to work. thanks guys
wub.gif
hay hay i never got a reply . why
hate2.gif

can some one help me please
wub.gif

thanks guys

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3xii Lexii said:
S3xii Lexii said:
Hi yall. Me L3xii again. Anyways my lil brother just bought a Brand new Nintendo Wii from costco which was running 4.0U (obviously since i am from US/CALI). So I followed this guide as I have done before in the past with no problems. Anyways I ran in to a little problem today. As soon as I was done with the installation I Used homebrew browser and installed mplayer ce. However It was never able to play the DVD. I installed mplayer ce before on other wiis and it worked fine but it wont work for this wii for some reason. I even downloaded the mplayer ce from wiibrew.org and also tried mplayer tt and that didn't work either. Does anyone know why this is happening and have a suggestion in order to fix this. Thanks guys. Like i said its not a big huge problem, i would just like to get this to work. thanks guys
wub.gif
hay hay i never got a reply . why
hate2.gif

can some one help me please
wub.gif

thanks guys

new wiis can't read dvds. the new drive included in them prevents it. can still read from usb though.

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what constitutes a new wii?
from what version to what version.
as a matter of fact a friend of mine just bought a brand new wii from gamecrazy and for some reason it had 3.4u on it. it as well cannot read dvds. whats going on???
thanks in advance

also i have another question, so if you have a new wii and you burn a wii game on a dvd will neogamma be able to read it, or can it not read that dvd as well. thank you guys

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's the disc drive that can't read dvds. if you get a wii with the new drive then you're SOL as far as disc backups or dvd movies. using neogamma or softchip will have zero effect. you'll still get an error.

google "wii d3-2 disc drive" for more details

bad_freddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I was reading the guide about how to update to 4.2 and noticed that in the important part of the procedure it says to install "IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 36 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad"
It says about 36 different IOS files, but the palupdate.zip I downloaded contains a total of 28 wad files (with shopping channel wad and the system menu one).
Is that ok or am I missing some files?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaaynn said:
it wont let me delete the IOS with anytitle deleter.. i even went back and did the trucha bug thing properly.. help please ?
then it wasnt done correctly, go back and try again.

OhYa said:
I am using the files from modify.zip on 2 systems both on 4.2u
Bootmii is boot2, not an IOS
I have followd the guid to the letter, and if I dont install priiloader everything works fine, but I want the system updates disabled so I dont have an update brick me.

I have had the installation of the Priiloader v0.1(rev15) crash during install and wipe out the system menu...
I have formated my SD card and re-extracted modify.zip to the root
So when I install priiloader I get Exception DSI occured
after that I cant get to the systemmenu anymore, only preloader

I have succesfully installed this priiloader on two other 4.2u Wiis a couple weeks ago, so is there a new update to 4.2u thats causing this problem? do I need a new version of priiloader?

So 2 things,
first, is there a way to repair the system menu or am I stuck restoring the NAND?

second, whats my problem, why does priiloader keep crashing?
i dont know what causes the priloader problem, but a simple re install should fix the problem.

QUOTE(bad_freddy @ Dec 18 2009, 05:31 PM)
Hello,
I was reading the guide about how to update to 4.2 and noticed that in the important part of the procedure it says to install "IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 36 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad"
It says about 36 different IOS files, but the palupdate.zip I downloaded contains a total of 28 wad files (with shopping channel wad and the system menu one).
Is that ok or am I missing some files?
I reverted back to an older update.zip. I took out some unnecessary IOS files [40-52]
they only apply for korean games, which hardly people will have.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was modifying a wii using this guide and i have modded other wiis with this guide i accidently installed priiloader before the cios wads.

Now it wont go to my system menu. I'm on 4.2u. I have the settings to autoboot the system menu but it just wont go to the system menu. I can get into the homebrew channel so please tell me theres a way to fix this....

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
I was modifying a wii using this guide and i have modded other wiis with this guide i accidently installed priiloader before the cios wads.

Now it wont go to my system menu. I'm on 4.2u. I have the settings to autoboot the system menu but it just wont go to the system menu. I can get into the homebrew channel so please tell me theres a way to fix this....
install the patched system menu IOS, which would be 70 for 4.2

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
Does that come in the package or do i need to find it?

Will it delete homebrew channel?
Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

why would it delete the Homebrew Channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F