this installer can not continue!

there is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this wii

greengrass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the steps for Update to 4.2 of this guide and successfully updated to 4.2U from 3.4U. Now when I try to follow Modify 4.2 steps for Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii, when I go to SD Card, it hangs un expectedly. Am i doing something wrong? Please help.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiigee said:
get this message when running the hackmii installer

this installer can not continue!

there is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this wii
you have cIOSCorp installed

rowan853 said:
Is there a good 'youtube' guides for soft modding, that follow these instructions?
not these instructions

QUOTE(greengrass @ Nov 26 2009, 12:55 PM)
I followed the steps for Update to 4.2 of this guide and successfully updated to 4.2U from 3.4U. Now when I try to follow Modify 4.2 steps for Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii, when I go to SD Card, it hangs un expectedly. Am i doing something wrong? Please help.
your going to the wrong location

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
yes cioscorp installed, but now im on 4.2 without homebrew

do you have any guidance on what i may try next?.....im guessing i need an ios wad installed using bannerbomb

would you know what files and steps?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
use bannerbomb to launch wad manager, use IOS 250 (this should not have been affected by the 4.2 update, so it should still be there from when u install the cios from your prior hack--if its stubbed for w/e reason, use IOS36, if your IOS36 isn't patched, research trucha bug restorer (TBR) MOD or TBR 1.1 to fix that) to install IOS30v1040 and IOS61 latest version (this is to prevent an upsidedown homebrew later on, but not required to access the hackmii installer).

you can get the wads from nus downloader

EDIT: after installing a non-fakesigned IOS30-v1040 you will be able to use the hackmii installer. Installing a non-fakesigned IOS60 will ensure your homebrew is not upside-down (installing it afterwards will also fix an upside-down homebrew)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
EDIT: after installing a non-fakesigned IOS30-v1040 you will be able to use the hackmii installer. Installing a non-fakesigned IOS6061 will ensure your homebrew is not upside-down (installing it afterwards will also fix an upside-down homebrew)
be careful with typo's
tongue.gif

And I think hackmii needs IOS34 (not sure though)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm positive IOS30 will work (i think any non-fakesigned IOS will work actually, but since IOS30 has been stubbed I recommend installing an older non-stubbed non-fakesigned version of IOS30, who's sole purpose is to allow the hackmii installer to run)

I used to have cioscorp 3.4, but restored an older nand dump because i couldn't stand it any longer. But while I was 'corped, I also got the no vulnerable IOS error, and the only change I made to my wii was installing IOS30 v1040, then reran the hackmii installer, and it worked fine.

I suspect installing any non-fakesigned IOS will work, so if some1 chooses to do so with IOS34, I think that will work too. But I don't know what that IOS does (it may actually serve a purpose in allowing 'corped wii's to play backups via the disk channel, i have no idea), so that's why I prefer to use IOS30 (as it was an older system menu IOS that got stubbed long ago and is definitely not used anymore (unless your firmware is REALLY outdated))

EDIT: forgot to give credit where credit is due, it was Zektor (author of the 4.2 safe updater) who first suggested installing IOS30v1040 to resolve this issue

rowan853

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Two questions:

1. Does my wii need to be connectect to the internet for this softmod?

2. Then proceed to install the remaining 36 IOS files - Im not sure what all 36 IOS this refers to?

Any help greatly appreciated.

phantasmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero, I try to keep up with everything, and I've tried to scroll back but can't seem to find anything. I'm sure you are busy since everyone tends to be very needed on here
smile.gif

but, I was wondering what prompted the inclusion of cIOS rev15 into this guide, I'm still running rev14 as I've been concerned with the loss of functionality in NeoGamma as well as other launchers and what WiiPower has been saying about the bug that nintendo can detect.

Has there been an update/change to this, or is it just that other launchers have been patched to support rev15 (if so, is wiiflow one of them)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, and thanks for everything, you are pretty much the glue that holds this community together

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phantasmik said:
xzxero, I try to keep up with everything, and I've tried to scroll back but can't seem to find anything. I'm sure you are busy since everyone tends to be very needed on here
smile.gif

but, I was wondering what prompted the inclusion of cIOS rev15 into this guide, I'm still running rev14 as I've been concerned with the loss of functionality in NeoGamma as well as other launchers and what WiiPower has been saying about the bug that nintendo can detect.

Has there been an update/change to this, or is it just that other launchers have been patched to support rev15 (if so, is wiiflow one of them)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, and thanks for everything, you are pretty much the glue that holds this community together
the bug in cIOS rev 15 only affect disc loading, such as softchip and neogamma
i know someone released a patched version of neogamma to work with rev15, but its unofficial and not by wiipower.

rev15 works fine with USB loaders and NAND emulation.

its not a supid question
biggrin.gif

greengrass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greengrass said:
That is it! Thanks a lot for quick reply. I will keep you posted.

It works great! Thanks for all your help. Only one problem i am finding right now is when i select to go back to system menu from homebrew channel, it displays the message could not find "hacks.ini" in file or nand and restarts it to go to system menu. I guess it is normal but just checking.

memevertical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent guide!!!!!

The only thing that kinda bugs me is that everytime I turn on the wii I get a "hacks.ini not found" kinda message, and some games wont work and they display that same message, any ideas?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version