XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
go to wiibrew or the complete soft mod guide, search for preloader or priiloader, find the hacks.ini file or text (if its text, just copy and paste the text into notepad and rename the file hacks.ini) then save that to the root of your sd card. Be sure to get the right hacks.ini for your version and region

TrueBlueMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've followed through the guide to where 4.2 is installed (I was at 4.1U before). I now have 4.2U and HBC installed but bootmii won't run at power-up even though I did the boot2 install. I also did the IOS install for bootmii. If I launch bootmii from HBC, I can see bootmii flash on the screen for a fraction of a second and then the wii reboots itself immediately. I've tried two different SD cards and a full format using the Panasonic SD formatter but none of that helped. I really want to take a NAND backup before going further but I can't get bootmii to run. Any one else have this problem?

One more thing: bootmii worked fine when I was at 4.1U, it just won't work after the upgrade to 4.2.

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the files they could E-mail me for a USA console.
I would like to follow this guide, but the thread author is not online
frown.gif

If anyone could be so kind as to help me by sending emailig me the files, PM me, and I will PM you back my email.

Thanks to the author of this FANTASTIC guide, and anyone who is willing to send me the files to actually do it.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I am thinking of updating my wii to 4.2, however I know almost nothing about ios/cios files etc.
Currently I have hbc installed (newer renamed one), I have no interest in installing anything other than this, not bootmii or anything like that.
How unsafe is the official updater? Does it just wipe hbc from the system, of does it actually do damage?

zionfarm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Shizzy said:
frown.gif

If anyone could be so kind as to help me by sending emailig me the files, PM me, and I will PM you back my email.

Thanks to the author of this FANTASTIC guide, and anyone who is willing to send me the files to actually do it.

Check your PM

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
DEFIANT said:
I used your guide before it was recently updated with new content.

My question:
If I already installed the previous (update to 4.2) and then (modify 4.2), Can I reapply the new "updated" (update to 4.2) and then (modify 4.2). In same order as if it was never modified? Or will I get bricked?

Would I just use them like I never modded my system or are there steps I need to do first?
you dont really even have to bother with updating.
i didnt add anything essential, only cIOSrev15
which gives disc loading problems.
Well there were a few new wads in your update such as ios4 and the shopping channel. I went ahead an redid everything again as if my system was never modded. I'm happy to report everything went without incident and is working as expected. Great guide...easy to understand, thank you.

I did have one minor glitch the very first time around and that was an upside down homebrew channel. Easily fixed by reinstalling HBC again. Had to search hi and low to find out that if the HBC used ios36 truncha bug it would show up upside down.

I do have a question about IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad...

What is [TB+ES_diV+NAND] ... What are these abbreviations?
Guessing: TB = trucha bug but I'm unsure of the others.

Again, thank you...great guide, super noob friendly.

rowan853

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do i always need the sd card in the wii for the hacks.ini error to be fixed or can i perminanly remedy this?

go to wiibrew or the complete soft mod guide, search for preloader or priiloader, find the hacks.ini file or text (if its text, just copy and paste the text into notepad and rename the file hacks.ini) then save that to the root of your sd card. Be sure to get the right hacks.ini for your version and region

zionfarm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zionfarm said:
Also I've noticed that when I'm in the priiloader menu. It says I'm on IOS v70 Systemmenu v481.
Also it says when I go to "System Menu Hacks" Couldn't find any hacks for System Menu version : v481.
I'm using priiloader v0.1 (r 15)

Oh yeah it didn't turn my HBC upside down which I guess is a good sign that it didn't work all the way.

"Do I see a another Bricked Wii COMING" hope not

Whoops fixed the no hacks wrong SD card not in

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some one please tell me where i can find step by step direction for this "istalling IOS30V1040" to resolve the "can NOT continue" issue

thanks

xflak40 said:
I'm positive IOS30 will work (i think any non-fakesigned IOS will work actually, but since IOS30 has been stubbed I recommend installing an older non-stubbed non-fakesigned version of IOS30, who's sole purpose is to allow the hackmii installer to run)

I used to have cioscorp 3.4, but restored an older nand dump because i couldn't stand it any longer. But while I was 'corped, I also got the no vulnerable IOS error, and the only change I made to my wii was installing IOS30 v1040, then reran the hackmii installer, and it worked fine.

I suspect installing any non-fakesigned IOS will work, so if some1 chooses to do so with IOS34, I think that will work too. But I don't know what that IOS does (it may actually serve a purpose in allowing 'corped wii's to play backups via the disk channel, i have no idea), so that's why I prefer to use IOS30 (as it was an older system menu IOS that got stubbed long ago and is definitely not used anymore (unless your firmware is REALLY outdated))

EDIT: forgot to give credit where credit is due, it was Zektor (author of the 4.2 safe updater) who first suggested installing IOS30v1040 to resolve this issue

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zionfarm said:
Mr. Shizzy said:
frown.gif

Check your PM

ahhhh crap, im on USA. i don't think the pal will work for me. Thanks anyway though man.

Could someone please pm me with a hookup for usa version wii?
i sent an email to the thread starters 2 boxes, but it never sent me a reply.
frown.gif

thanks in advance,
Shizzy

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure its quite easy, but i would greatly appreciate if someone can dumb it down and tell me step by step how to do this and where to find all the info neccessary. I have 4.0 followed first step and im pretty sure i have cIOSCorp installed, so no its telling me "installation can NOT continue..." if searched everywhere and i see alot of different answer.
what is the best way to deal with this problem?

thanks

P.S. after going through the first step of upgrading to 4.2 the system is still asking to REAL upgrade, so now i can't even play the discks i have.

xflak40 said:
use bannerbomb to launch wad manager, use IOS 250 (this should not have been affected by the 4.2 update, so it should still be there from when u install the cios from your prior hack--if its stubbed for w/e reason, use IOS36, if your IOS36 isn't patched, research trucha bug restorer (TBR) MOD or TBR 1.1 to fix that) to install IOS30v1040 and IOS61 latest version (this is to prevent an upsidedown homebrew later on, but not required to access the hackmii installer).

you can get the wads from nus downloader

EDIT: after installing a non-fakesigned IOS30-v1040 you will be able to use the hackmii installer. Installing a non-fakesigned IOS60 will ensure your homebrew is not upside-down (installing it afterwards will also fix an upside-down homebrew)

sixfootsideburns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am up to the part of installing the preloader, and so far all is well I think. My question at this point is that when I go into the Preloader application in HBC it says it is version .01 and the guide says to use v.3

Should I just go ahead and install it with the version that is already there? should I update it somehow? If it needs to be updated, I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to take a minute and explain to me how to I would do that, and possibly include the links to download whatever is needed.

much appreciated!
sideburns

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Ok So I follwed the guide a few months back when it still had the guide for 3.xx and did my own with the 3.xx guide and then a few friends's with 4.2..

I would like to redo my own wii up to date, when I did the mod I still had 3.2u and followed that guide.

Now my question is this, Do I follow the steps for updating to 4.2 thn do the mod for 4.2 or can i just do the 4.2 mod

P.S. Its still says 3.2u in the settings

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone got a copy of the files for usa version console they can send me?

The email deal didn't work for me, and i tried both of them...
frown.gif

EDIT: got it to work. had to use yahoo, because hotmail would not work.
time to get to hacking
smile.gif

ctswoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to Mod a Wii with a serial that begins with LU71748..... none of the guides seem to be working. I updated to v4.2 and followed the instructions but it seems to error out every time. Anyone have any suggestions on moding one with that serial number? How do I get back to the original system default settings and start from scratch? Thanks in advance!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ctswoosh said:
I'm trying to Mod a Wii with a serial that begins with LU71748..... none of the guides seem to be working. I updated to v4.2 and followed the instructions but it seems to error out every time. Anyone have any suggestions on moding one with that serial number? How do I get back to the original system default settings and start from scratch? Thanks in advance!
your serial number is irrelevant.
what part of the guide is not working?
because i guarantee it works

jTran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
i updated my system to 4.2U and followed the instructions for Modify 4.2 using the modify.zip files. when i use Wad Manager 1.5 to install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad i get an ERROR! (ret = -1022). can someone tell me how to fix this error?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a