Hacking Modified SoftChip that works for Rock Band

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i read the first 4 pages and the last page of this topic, i gather that through installing this "driver" pack for rock band instruments, i can play GH1-4 backup with my Rock Band instruments? Sorry i get confused when its called "Rock Band Loader" not sure if it means it loads other instruments to play RB with or loads RB instruments to play GH with. Thanks in advance for any clarity!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raziel5000 said:
ok i read the first 4 pages and the last page of this topic, i gather that through installing this "driver" pack for rock band instruments, i can play GH1-4 backup with my Rock Band instruments? Sorry i get confused when its called "Rock Band Loader" not sure if it means it loads other instruments to play RB with or loads RB instruments to play GH with. Thanks in advance for any clarity!!

This is just the combination of a cIOS based on IOS37(which has the required drivers integrated) and a loader which uses this cIOS. If you can use the instruments with your original games, then you can use them with backups too. If you can't use the instuments with the original games, you need a very experienced coder and a few weeks or months to patch the games to use the instruments.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Raziel5000 said:

This is just the combination of a cIOS based on IOS37(which has the required drivers integrated) and a loader which uses this cIOS. If you can use the instruments with your original games, then you can use them with backups too. If you can't use the instuments with the original games, you need a very experienced coder and a few weeks or months to patch the games to use the instruments.

Basically don't mess with it unless you are an experienced coder? which is fine with me. i have patience to wait for the developers to do their magic!!

nomar5555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright thankyou very much for your help. It seems that the multi cios installer that i was using did not have the CIOS37 with the custom DIP and once i installed that it worked like wonderfully.

nomar5555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. I just somehow came across the wrong version of multicios installer, one more quick question i replaced black hole sun with Back in black from the AC/DC track pack and at the end of the song the video just keeps playing and does not allow me to press any buttons, i had to power the wii down.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nomar5555 said:
nope. I just somehow came across the wrong version of multicios installer, one more quick question i replaced black hole sun with Back in black from the AC/DC track pack and at the end of the song the video just keeps playing and does not allow me to press any buttons, i had to power the wii down.

I don't know the game, but i guess you have to look out for the length of the videos/songs you replace

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nomar5555 said:
I posted on the scorehero thread, but I'll ask again, what files did you replace.

dhartung02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this working to play rock band, and the AC/DC game with my wii rock band 2 drum set. Is there a way to play guitar hero world tour with my Rock Band 2 drums? They are supposed to be compatible, but when i load up the game with gamma, or softchip, the drumset is not recognized.

thoughts/ideas?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dhartung02 said:
I got this working to play rock band, and the AC/DC game with my wii rock band 2 drum set. Is there a way to play guitar hero world tour with my Rock Band 2 drums? They are supposed to be compatible, but when i load up the game with gamma, or softchip, the drumset is not recognized.

thoughts/ideas?

They said it was gonna be compatible, but they lied
rolleyes.gif
. The only way for it to be recognized would be modifying the disc and I have no clue where you would start this...

QUOTE(halo4life @ Dec 23 2008, 11:03 AM) Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked, but should I get this if I have WiiGator's 0.3 gamma loader?

If you want to play Rock Band with the USB instruments, yes.

cuzvin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read this whole thread and followed all directions, but still having problems. i have installed the rockband loader channel and softchip. i installed ios37 as 232. here's what happens: when i try to load my backup with the rockband channel, it reads the disc that it is rockband, but i get a "can't access partition" error. when i load the game with gamma loader it loads but only the mic will work. do i need to patch the backup or something to load with softchip? any help is appreciated.
p.s. have homebrew 1.01 and all my other backups work perfectly with gamma loader

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cuzvin said:
read this whole thread and followed all directions, but still having problems. i have installed the rockband loader channel and softchip. i installed ios37 as 232. here's what happens: when i try to load my backup with the rockband channel, it reads the disc that it is rockband, but i get a "can't access partition" error. when i load the game with gamma loader it loads but only the mic will work. do i need to patch the backup or something to load with softchip? any help is appreciated.
p.s. have homebrew 1.01 and all my other backups work perfectly with gamma loader

Did you decrypt the disc? For SoftChip you need a 1:1 copy.

cuzvin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes that is where i have the gamma loader. i will try switchin softchip to 249. will that cause a conflict?

no good
frown.gif
. tried softchip with several ios. same partition error

K

Kurisuellegarden

So if you patch as 249, would this work with Backup Launcher gamma or must I install as 232 for softchip?

Overall, I'm confused... O_O

shred6waves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurisuellegarden said:
So if you patch as 249, would this work with Backup Launcher gamma or must I install as 232 for softchip?

Overall, I'm confused... O_O

i just tried this earlier i was thinking the same thing....

if you install the softchip loader CIOS37 rev 7 as IOS249 instead of IOS232 it WILL work with 0.3 gamma loader.
wink.gif

just make sure you uninstall wiigators CIOS first...!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran