Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Am I right in thinking you've set Ocarina to "No" by default in your version? Any chance you could change it back to the original "Yes"? I tend to only have codes on the SD if i want to use them so "Yes" makes more sense than "No"...

Does that make sense to you?
yeah, makes sense
The reason I put cheats off by default is because it takes an extra couple seconds of load time to query the SD card. I assume most people won't cheat in every game they own haha, so if you want to use cheats for a particular title Hold B.

I may incorporate loading default settings that you specify from the SD Card, but this would permanently add those couple seconds of load time and im trying to make it as quick as possible.
Saved preferences.... Now that's the answer to everyone's requests here....
Keep up the great work
bow.gif

BTW a couple of seconds makes little difference to me - I'm VERY patient

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the autoboot channel! I Uninstalled IOS249 and did up CIOS Installer no probs on NTSC Wii
w/3.2U.

Thanks Shadowmoses for making those edits to the channel image as per request.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to code in support for saved preferences, it'll take me a day or two though im pretty busy lately. As far as modifying the disc channel loading stub goes ive made considerable headway. Unfortunately the way the new cIOS is written it seems that the modified di module has a bug preventing the banner etc from being copied to cache from retail discs. It's an extremely odd occurance, especially because the banners from 1:1 backups are copied fine and display correctly by the system menu. If the data from the retail disc is already in cache prior to rebooting the system menu to use IOS249, it displays correctly and does not error the wii ("An Error has occurred, please remove the disc and reboot wii").

Speculation leads me to believe the modifications put forth in the cIOS break (or bug) the routine that copies the disc data to cache for display in the Disc Channel. I don't know enough about IOS to be confident in patching it, so im going to bring this bug to Wiigator's attention and see what he says.

Long story short, At this point if I were to complete my modifications to the disc channel it would only be able to boot 1:1 backups (putting in any retail disc would hardlock the wii), thus defeating the purpose of modifying the stub in the first place. It will be this way until that bug is fixed in IOS249.

I do plan on making a completely custom system menu for the wii to go hand in hand with the custom IOS. Hell i'll call it cSM. The cSM will be based off of System Menu 3.2, have an entirely different skin (glad im great with html and photoshop
biggrin.gif
), use IOS249, and essentailly utilize all the patches put forth by Starfall (recovery option, regionfree everything, disable disc update check, etc). It will be pretty neat.

At the moment I've already completely customized my wii system menu, both its layout and images. I also recently patched it to use IOS249, which is when I stumbled across that bug in cIOS. It's not ready for release though, I probably won't release my custom system menu until some kind of recovery system such as BootMii is released.

Fors

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I could, but it's still in alpha and extremely crude looking (a good amount of images clip over eachother, etc) and I'd prefer to make a video of it when it's atleast showing off a shiny new interface. My initial goal is changing the layout to be more efficient and modern, then making it pretty later.

Ooo also another feature of the cSM is full DVDvideo support :-) you do have to have DVDX installed to IOS249 though. I have not implemented it yet, just determined that it is possible to play DVD movies from the disc channel by using some source from Mplayer to load with. The funny thing is I was only inspired to do this because Nintendo already partly designed it (and discontinued for whatever reason).

Check it out, these images are found in diskBann.ash in every system menu:

mydvddiskavf2.png
mywiidiskaeh5.png
mygcdiskakb5.png

The rumors are true, the wii did support DVD playback (if DVDX didnt prove that enough already)
wink.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great to have a auto-launching channel, but what's with the music, couldn't you have used something more subtle and classy? Like the sound used in this channel

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111816/

This makes it sound more "nintendo-ey". To me, you might as well have used some britney spears music when you opened up the channel. I appreciate the work you did, but it looks like I'll have to go and do some work of my own to change the music.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maduin said:
It's great to have a auto-launching channel, but what's with the music, couldn't you have used something more subtle and classy? Like the sound used in this channel

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111816/

This makes it sound more "nintendo-ey". To me, you might as well have used some britney spears music when you opened up the channel. I appreciate the work you did, but it looks like I'll have to go and do some work of my own to change the music.
Because I hated that music, I found it annoying.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmmm... Forsaekn your cSM sounds pretty great. Hope you find the time to bring out a working beta soon...^^
If I can help you with photoshop work, feel free to contact me...

-I really like your autoloaderchannel.
I took your channel to gain knowledge in Banner editing, hope you don't mind.
so here I give you Forsaekns first released Loader channel, but with another outfit...
I changed the banner and the icons in the way to show that it is the WiiGator3
wink.gif

Also I did not change the sound file, yet.

jz8qoz.jpg

2929uah.jpg
330bsx5.jpg

WiiGator3_Channel_by_WiiShizzza.wad

All Credits for coding go of course to WiiGator and Forsaekn!
I just did the graphics.
Oh yeah respect goes to the guy who made the Banner Editing Tutorial
smile.gif

Hope you like it.

//EDIT:
If you want me also to give the ForceNTSC with and without vipatch versions the same wiigator3 look.
Just give me your hands up.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Hmmm... Forsaekn your cSM sounds pretty great. Hope you find the time to bring out a working beta soon...^^
If I can help you with photoshop work, feel free to contact me...

-I really like your autoloaderchannel.
I took your channel to gain knowledge in Banner editing, hope you don't mind.
so here I give you Forsaekns first released Loader channel, but with another outfit...
I changed the banner and the icons in the way to show that it is the WiiGator3
wink.gif

Also I did not change the sound file, yet.

jz8qoz.jpg

2929uah.jpg
330bsx5.jpg

WiiGator3_Channel_by_WiiShizzza.wad

All Credits for coding go of course to WiiGator and Forsaekn!
I just did the graphics.
Oh yeah respect goes to the guy who made the Banner Editing Tutorial
smile.gif

Hope you like it.

//EDIT:
If you want me also to give the ForceNTSC with and without vipatch versions the same wiigator3 look.
Just give me your hands up.

Excellent Work WiiShizzza keep up the good work

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a stupid question, but why do we need the options of ForceNTSC, ForcePAL60, VIDTV etc? I've never had to use them for any backups!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
This might be a stupid question, but why do we need the options of ForceNTSC, ForcePAL60, VIDTV etc? I've never had to use them for any backups!

For example my copy of FIFA 09 PAL

Needs to have PAL60 forced for it to run, Im running on an NTSC Wii otherwise it will not run, some games just require it, if not in the correct region.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wait for bootMii just make it and test it on one Wii if it bricks then wait till bootmii if it don't brick then release it.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Sstew said:
feidhlim1986 said:

For example my copy of FIFA 09 PAL

Needs to have PAL60 forced for it to run, Im running on an NTSC Wii otherwise it will not run, some games just require it, if not in the correct region.

Fair enough, I have a PAL Wii, and a few NTSC "Backups" and haven't had to use ForceNTSC yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom