Hacking Modified Backup Launcher!

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the system menu itself is not HTML and images. You'll need more than photoshop to complete your cSM. Only the settings, etc. are.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I assume he's a coder and knows, that he needs more then just photoshop.
Oh man, I can't wait to see what possibilities his cSM can offer.
Would be awsome with a totally skinned system menu...

But that's the AutoLoader thread....
wink.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
Why wait for bootMii just make it and test it on one Wii if it bricks then wait till bootmii if it don't brick then release it.
Because there's still a lot for me to do before im comfortable releasing it, some of which I don't want to modify yet for fear of bricking my own wii. I only have one
smile.gif
. As quoted below, only half the system menu is in html (the settings portion mostly). As soon as BootMii is released i'll feel more comfortable pioneering more of the cSM's potential.

Im also fairly certain all the images are indeed in the resource archive, all the channel boxes with their mask layers are there etc. But i'll have to confirm that as I inspect the System Menu's dol.

QUOTE(WB3000 @ Oct 27 2008, 09:00 PM) As far as I know, the system menu itself is not HTML and images. You'll need more than photoshop to complete your cSM. Only the settings, etc. are.
Correct, although I think all but possibly a few images are located in the u8 archive.

WiiShizzza, great photoshop work. I might hit you up for your skills to lend me a hand in mass photoshopping a lot of images when I start to polish the cSM. It is very tedious. I would recommend removing the grey box thats around the Wiigator logo on the second icon image though. I assume you still have the image layered in psd form, I suggest making the logo text on a white background so it blends easier with the channel background. (im referring to the smaller "LogoChan" 112x32 image of the two)

-also i've looked into the brlyt file and I think i'm able to make the two icon images the same size. i'll let you know.

and why all this hate on my sound.bin?
cry.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Forsaekn
Yeah, just call me for mass photoshopping, can't wait...
lecture.gif

And yes, plz let me know how I have to alter the brlyt file to change the size of "LogoChan"
Also I'm investigating on how to make a nice animation for the channel, just like the HBC has those moving waves... You have a hint on that one, too?

Lol, about your sound.bin. I like it, so I left it in there.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I patch a game from PAL to NTSC to use on an NTSC Wii, can I go right into the game without having to use Force NTSC? And which patcher would allow me to do that?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
@Forsaekn
lecture.gif

And yes, plz let me know how I have to alter the brlyt file to change the size of "LogoChan"
Also I'm investigating on how to make a nice animation for the channel, just like the HBC has those moving waves... You have a hint on that one, too?

AH HA! I finally figured it out. Both tpl files are now displayed the same size. Im surprised nobody's figured it out yet, as nearly every custom channel out there aside from HBC follows the stupid size limitations...silly lol. anyways, how do you want it? i could upload the brlyt for you to just use from now on in all your channels, or I could explain it to you.
tongue.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GREAT, you figured it out!
I would recommend to post both, the file and the way of how to do it manually.
biggrin.gif

That's a beginning...

About Animation? Nothing new?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
WiiShizzza said:
@Forsaekn
lecture.gif

AH HA! I finally figured it out. Both tpl files are now displayed the same size. Im surprised nobody's figured it out yet, as nearly every custom channel out there aside from HBC follows the stupid size limitations...silly lol. anyways, how do you want it? i could upload the brlyt for you to just use from now on in all your channels, or I could explain it to you.
tongue.gif
oOoOo please explain, i was trying to figure this out myself

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So waht are you trying to do here? mod the disk channel to accept modified disks, or make a backup loader channel that displays like the disk channel?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Something came in my mind...
Well, when it's possible to make the second icon same size as the first icon, is it then also possible to modify the brlyt to use more then just the 2 pixtures?
If so, then we can use such procedure to make an animation, can't we?
midna25 said:
So waht are you trying to do here? mod the disk channel to accept modified disks, or make a backup loader channel that displays like the disk channel?
Just trying to make the "LogoChan.tpl" same size as the other tpl file

//EDIT:
@Forsaekn
Maybe you should also post the new approach in the Banner Editing Thread....
I'm waiting...
wink.gif
I wanna try it asap
smile.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
Im doing a lot here lol. Modifying the disc channel loader stub to boot both retail discs and backups, a custom system menu, a modified version of WiiGator's loader for autoboot, and now banner/icon modifications haha. Im a bit spread too thin, I know.

WiiShizzza said:
Something came in my mind...
Well, when it's possible to make the second icon same size as the first icon, is it then also possible to modify the brlyt to use more then just the 2 pixtures?
If so, then we can use such procedure to make an animation, can't we?
QUOTE(midna25 @ Oct 28 2008, 06:01 AM) So waht are you trying to do here? mod the disk channel to accept modified disks, or make a backup loader channel that displays like the disk channel?
Just trying to make the "LogoChan.tpl" same size as the other tpl file
You are correct sir, I know exactly how to add more images as well. basically, the brlyt file is my $#%!. I havent looked quite into the animation file yet but it seems to follow the same pattern. Easy enough. gimme a day or so to come up with a way to explain it, ive been working on homebrew stuff all day and im burned out hehe. heres the modified brlyt file for you to tie you over. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3tlhzm0ihxy/icon.brlyt

Fors

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, great Forsaekn.
Thanks so far, you sure, this won't brick my wii?
How to work with that brlyt file?
just overwrite the old one and then use u8pack to get the file into the icons.bin?

But don't overwork yourself. We're not in hurry.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Yeah, great Forsaekn.
Thanks so far, you sure, this won't brick my wii?
How to work with that brlyt file?
just overwrite the old one and then use u8pack to get the file into the icons.bin?

But don't overwork yourself. We're not in hurry.
Aw its not you guys, When I start accomplishing things its hard to stop
smile.gif
. No this wont brick your wii, as long as you remember to change "LogoChan" to the size of the channel (ie, the same as the first image) which is 128x96. If you left LogoChan the tiny 112x32 image that it was, and the brlyt file is telling the wii that its 128x96, well...Im not sure how it would react, probably a brick. Just make the size fit the description
tongue.gif
haha. Both images are now the same size (128x96), and soon we'll have the ability to have more than just 2 images to cycle through.

here is an example icon.brlyt where LogoChan's size has already been changed to 128x96 to go along with the explaination: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3tlhzm0ihxy/icon.brlyt

I'll teach you how to manipulate the images in this brlyt tonight, and tomorrow how to add more and change animations. At offset 0x27c you'll see a 4 ASCII character header called 'pic1'. this means the following data describes an image in the channel. You'll see this header in three places total, because we have three images (IconImage, the alpha image used for the fade transition, and LogoChan). These sections are all the same size in bytes.

In this file, Icon0 refers to the alpha transparent image for fading, Icon1 refers to "LogoChan" and Icon2 refers "IconImage". The information about each image is stored in a floating point array of 10 indexes, ending at the FF's located at offset 0x2c8 (for LogoChan).

Okay, so just before the FF's at offset 0x2c8, you'll notice 4 bytes "42 c0 00 00" (or 96 in decimal) this is a floating integer for the height of "LogoChan". the float before that, "43 00 00 00" (or 128 in decimal), is the width. Still working backwards, the next two floats are y mag and x mag, then 4 floats of 0's. The last two floating integers are both "80 00 00 00", which are the x and y coordinates of the image.

Note, make sure your calculations for the floats are done in big endian, or they will be wrong and cause a brick.

There ya go Shizz, Its not a complete complete writeup, but its a quick and dirty that gets the point across. you can check out http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Animations#Tex....28.2A.brlyt.29 for some documentation on the brlyt and animation files, but it isnt decribed very well and many parts of the files are undocumented still.

On that note, I think im going to be less confusing to people reading this thread and stay on the original topic
tongue.gif
. When I make some more progress on the cSM, i'll be sure to post about it, dont you all worry. At the moment Im working on the Disc Channel booting both originals and 1:1 backups (which will be incorporated into the cSM anyways, so i guess that falls under more progress anyhow).

~Fors

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
WiiShizzza said:
@Forsaekn
lecture.gif

tongue.gif

Actually radioshadow and I figured it out a few weeks ago. You should follow the vcfe thread more carefully as we are constantly working on brlyt files. We already figured out the tinting of images as well. The thing is I'm working on liek 5 apps at once and thus don't have time to publish my findings more officially yet.

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question: Using the default (as in NOT force NTSC) channel on my European PAL Wii (which is set to PAL60 in it's settings) to play a backup of a NTSC game (HM - ToT), the game booted up but was all in several redshades (like the VBA emulator before the PAL60) issue was fixed. And after displaying the initial game logo the safety instructions for the WiiMote showed up (yes after the initial logo) only i could not click past them. It simply stuck on that. I could still use "home" on the WiiMote and from there go back to the Wii menu thankfully.

Now i assume i should have used to force NTSC version of the channel instead? But that still leaves the question of why the heck the thing just froze. After all the WiiMote still reacted to the home button.

Assuming using the force NTSC version of the channel should solve my issue 2 further questions:
Can one have both channels installed simulatanously?
What is the difference between ForceNTSC and ForceNTSC with vipatch? Which one should i use?

raaamesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone upload a force pal 60 version i like my games without borders and not running at 50hz. i am using a pal wii tahnks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs