Hacking Modified Backup Launcher!

Ragee1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wll first of all great work...but if u can i would recommend doing this
It will autoboot the game with all the normal settings like normal...if u hold the 1 button it boots forcing NTSC...holding the 2 button it will boot forcing NTSC and VIDPATCH and holding B to change the settings...make it faster to test games...well if u can do that it would be great!! but still good work

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Actually i created the banner and icons, not you or tgames ! so be honest with what you done

the channel says in the corner its by Tgames and Cladi pretty easy mistake i didnt know! maybe you should make a edited version so its proper!? (reflects proper creds)

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME STUFF!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
just tried this awesome work man! I was wondering though...couldnt wiigator have added a "save previous settings" option? and a Auto boot option on toggle?

Either way this is just completely sweet that it auto boots
awesome work indeed! kudos! forsaekn!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gumbyscout said:
the page of shame (where my shop and my nintendo channel are located)
hahaha i have one of those pages aswell
biggrin.gif

right in the last page of wii channels.

got all the official nintendo junk that i rarely use lol

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks very much for this great release! Works flawless, is fast, looks great. Neat!

Is it hard to modify the Backup launcher so it boots real game discs, too? I think Gecko OS 0.7 was able to do this, if I remember correctly..? Inside the Backup Launcher I always get code dumps when booting real games.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oligore said:
I'm not sure if this is viable but it would be really cool if you make it display the disk graphics (eg how when Zelda is inserted the disk channel has Zelda animations) that the real disc channel has.
Actually if you reload the system menu with IOS249 all 1:1 disc backups show in the disc channel like a standard disc, but the Disc Channel's loader stub will only boot originals (hence the need for WiiGator's great loader). At the moment i've done some initial work towards modifying this stub, but I still need to decide what the best angle of attack would be and how I would like it to function once completed. The system menu really is a fragile piece of the system, and even the slightest mistake can brick your wii.

Im debating between waiting until BootMii is released so that a recovery method is available in case something goes wrong, or if Starfall would be enough to get things started. The last thing I want would be to release my modification of the loader stub once completed, and have a bunch of people brick their wii for using it wrong. In short, the questions Im asking myself is "can I make this noob proof in the end?" and "If something does go wrong, can people recover from it?"

BIG MOE said:
Thanks man , it's a great work , My Q is can install all three channels without over riding any of the others ? or they all install in the same channel ?
I'm sorry you cant, They all install under the same title. Just pick the channel that autoboots using the settings you use the most (either default for your wii, force NTSC, or force NTSC with vipatch), and if you need to make a change for a particular game you can hold B on the wiimote during load to select more options.

Ragee1234 said:
Wll first of all great work...but if u can i would recommend doing this
It will autoboot the game with all the normal settings like normal...if u hold the 1 button it boots forcing NTSC...holding the 2 button it will boot forcing NTSC and VIDPATCH and holding B to change the settings...make it faster to test games...well if u can do that it would be great!! but still good work
That is a great idea! Im not sure why I didnt think of that haha, I'll come up with a system that will include PAL users as well. I just dont want to overwhelm people with a bunch of possible buttons to hold for different things. Also, I could have it work off of default settings you would set that are saved on say your SD card or something, But i'd have to add a considerable amount of extra code to WiiGator's launcher and I would really like to keep it just his release, and not modify it so much that I create a branch of my own you know? I respect WiiGator far too much to go down that path, even if it's open source
smile.gif

QUOTE(harryk @ Oct 27 2008, 07:08 AM)
Thanks very much for this great release! Works flawless, is fast, looks great. Neat!

Is it hard to modify the Backup launcher so it boots real game discs, too? I think Gecko OS 0.7 was able to do this, if I remember correctly..? Inside the Backup Launcher I always get code dumps when booting real games.
I have never had issues booting any of my retail discs, but the fact that you have means other people might, and makes me lean towards my other plan of attack for the Disc Channel loader stub. You should make a post in WiiGator's compatibility thread, maybe he can eventually make his loader a universal Wii and GC retail and 1:1 backup loading solution! Speaking of, I've also looked into adding GC booting support to his loader...it looks very possible but I think I'd rather do the system menu changes first because well, It's cooler. :-)

Thanks all for the great feedback as well, I appreciate it!

Fors

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct. I would still keep HBC installed (if thats what you mean?) but yes this does allow you to launch backups directly from a channel in the system menu.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Am I right in thinking you've set Ocarina to "No" by default in your version? Any chance you could change it back to the original "Yes"? I tend to only have codes on the SD if i want to use them so "Yes" makes more sense than "No"...

Does that make sense to you?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Am I right in thinking you've set Ocarina to "No" by default in your version? Any chance you could change it back to the original "Yes"? I tend to only have codes on the SD if i want to use them so "Yes" makes more sense than "No"...

yeah, makes sense

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
correct. I would still keep HBC installed (if thats what you mean?) but yes this does allow you to launch backups directly from a channel in the system menu.

Im keeping HBC, I was just curious If I didnt need to actually use it for launching Backups, Thanks for the info. Awesome release.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the channel, this is very convenient. I never used Ocarina or any of the other features in the loader ever. This is the next best thing to using the disc channel... having another channel next to the disc channel that boots right into the backup.
smile.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

yeah, makes sense
The reason I put cheats off by default is because it takes an extra couple seconds of load time to query the SD card. I assume most people won't cheat in every game they own haha, so if you want to use cheats for a particular title Hold B.

I may incorporate loading default settings that you specify from the SD Card, but this would permanently add those couple seconds of load time and im trying to make it as quick as possible.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
sweet because your right I dont like to cheat on all games But it was fun to have MOON WALK or whatever on Mario...its really usefull as a replay value device...not just a cheat device! and i think that it works perfect now just holding B
smile.gif
thanks for this again and again amazing work!

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Forsaekn
Really nice thing indeed.
I just wanted to know if you could put a background in that.
Would be nice to have a nice background instead of the black screen with white letters.

Just tell me the sizes you need, and I'll whip something nice up, asap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-