Hacking Modified Backup Launcher! - Gamma

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same deal as last time, updated for gamma.
See post here for original 0.3b autoboot.

This modified build will now automatically boot directly into the game, unless you are holding '1' down on either the wiimote during launch. This will enter the configuration menu where you can change Language, Force TV Signal type, change Hooktype, enable Ocarina, etc.
Usage: Hold '1' during launch to enter boot configuration menu.
NOTE THIS CHANGE

Changes from 0.3b:
- Button to enter configuration changed
- Full menu is displayed
- Autoboots ~3 seconds quicker

download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z4tzatj0omi/...r_0.3_gamma.zip

UPDATE: for those of you who want to keep the original channel art (from 0.3b)
download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2akjb20w2lz/..._gamma_orig.zip

The archives include the dol, modified sourcecode, and a Channel WAD created by me. (Banner image was created by shadowmoses and altered by djtaz, Icon images and sound by myself)
NOTE: make sure you still install the CIOS before using the backup launcher, or it will not work regardless of where you run it from.

Enjoy!

Banner:
menuscreen1bmpjv9.png

Icons:
iconimage3rm4.jpg
logochanir1.jpg

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any way to like press 2 or A or B to auto reboot with Hook (as if you went in, and pressed B)?

That would be nice as well... but if not possible, that's cool too...

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Any way to like press 2 or A or B to auto reboot with Hook (as if you went in, and pressed B)?

I could, but at the moment all of my energy is going into finishing up my cSM for alpha testing. The custom system menu currently boots games from the disc channel without any reboot necessary, so autobooting with hook would be obsolete within a matter of days.

it also reads gamecube backup discs, but those cannot be played at the moment because MIOS needs to be patched (retail pressed discs are playable and still work normally). Full region free system, recovery menu, no copy flag bit removed, and the disc channel can be moved around among other features ive listed a bunch of times already
tongue.gif

Stay tuned.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I vote for patching MIOS first!! Everyone else is loading from the disc menu, you should totally just crack the hell out of MIOS so you'd be the first to do it, and I would love you in that special way that only one man can love another man... just don't tell my wife, lol

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Forsaekn said:
zidane_genome said:

I could, but at the moment all of my energy is going into finishing up my cSM for alpha testing. The custom system menu currently boots games from the disc channel without any reboot necessary, it also reads gamecube discs, but those cannot be played at the moment because MIOS needs to be patched. Full region free system, recovery menu, no copy flag bit removed, and the disc channel can be moved around among other features.

Stay tuned.
jaj im not gonna be childish but will you release today or tommorrow or somwere in the furure ... cause your csm looks great !

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like right now, my wii is sporting cSM v0.2a and its pretty much like having a modchip, without physically having one installed. Backups read and boot just like retail pressed discs.

Darknesss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, if its a custom system menu, is it built on top of the system menu, or is it an actual built from the ground up custom menu?

Once bootmii is released we will no longer be tied to the Wii's System menu, and the real fun begins
biggrin.gif

littleshinobi520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is not working for me. when i go to the homebrew channel and click on the installer i press load and nothing happens. please help me i realy want to play some cod5

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Forsaekn said:
Like right now, my wii is sporting cSM v0.2a and its pretty much like having a modchip, without physically having one installed. Backups read and boot just like retail pressed discs.
are you still busy with the installer or is it already coded

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
jaj im not gonna be childish but will you release today or tommorrow or somwere in the furure ... cause your csm looks great !
Im shooting for tonight/tomorrow for testing (handing it out to a few people Ive already been in contact with) and after they give the thumbs up i'll release the first revision to the public. It all depends though if this last feature im implementing gives me trouble or not, but that's my ballpark answer for you.

And the installer isnt quite finished yet, but its not hard. im distributing the alpha to testers in wad form though for convenience.
Also it is a complete system menu replacement.

Fors

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im open for testing if you need anyone else
tongue.gif

I already have 20+ 1:1 discs burned that boot perfectly through rebooter with gamma.

joker86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how hard would it be to remove the "press 1 for menu" text from the channel guys

i really like the channel however it would confuse the kids

any advice or anyone willin to rip it out for me

would be well obliged

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
Rebooting with hooks doesn't work for me. I get a black screen when going back to the menu after pressing B.

Odd, it works fine for me through both the channel and HBC. it only back screened on me once, i'll try to see which settings causes this, if any at all (might just be a random bug in gamma).

Update:Tried every possible combination of reboot options, couldnt get it to black screen on me again. Might be a random bug with homebrew, because every so often WAD manager does the same thing.

QUOTE(nicksasa @ Nov 14 2008, 04:17 PM) forsaekn : im really impressed that you could make a csm in such a short time !
I've been working on it for well over a month now
smile.gif
without the luxury of BootMii, i have to triple check my work to make sure I dont accidently brick myself during development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1