Modernising hack for GB Tetris - Rosy Retrospection

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@Sk17. And everyone else, merry christmas! :)
73DC41DF-202A-4381-AA6F-67D64B624703.jpeg

Last edited by ciaomao,

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Sk17. And everyone else, merry christmas! :)
View attachment 344180
Oh, that was so sweet! Sorry I missed your post. I dont log in here very often, I'm afraid.
I might be late for wishing you "Merry Christmas", but I can wish you a Happy New Year, @ciaomao ^_^

Happy New Year, everyone. :D

I managed to get this score a while ago, but I did not want to post it here since it's kinda hard to believe I did this without cheating. But I assure you guys, it's legit.

Attachments

• 20230111_192407[1].jpg
    20230111_192407[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
since it's kinda hard to believe I did this without cheating
I have to admit seeing myself struggle at around 300-400k although I'd say I'm pretty good at Tetris, this looks super hard to achieve but then again I've seen some freakingly skilled people on YouTube so if you're one of them, congratulations. :)
Edit: Here's one of them.

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: Sk17

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh, that was so sweet! Sorry I missed your post. I dont log in here very often, I'm afraid.
I might be late for wishing you "Merry Christmas", but I can wish you a Happy New Year, @ciaomao ^_^

Happy New Year, everyone. :D

I managed to get this score a while ago, but I did not want to post it here since it's kinda hard to believe I did this without cheating. But I assure you guys, it's legit.
wow. this is the point where i admit defeat, haha. congratulations on this incredible highscore.

Reactions: Sk17

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have to admit seeing myself struggle at around 300-400k although I'd say I'm pretty good at Tetris, this looks super hard to achieve but then again I've seen some freakingly skilled people on YouTube so if you're one of them, congratulations. :)
Edit: Here's one of them.
I do consider myself really good at Tetris, just not that much. lol

Oh, yes. There's some people who play Tetris that don't look like humans. That video you linked is someone playing the Classic Version of Tetris. I mean... that's way more difficult than Modern Tetris. Tetrominos lock in place instantly, can't hold pieces, and I think all pieces are randomized. That's a really impressive feat, imo.

I can manage to keep playing as long as I want at speed Lvl 20 on Modern Tetris. But there's always room for improvement. I still look like a noob to expert players. lol

I'll attach a photo of the scores I got on Tetris DS.

I do struggle after the 300k mark on this game. But I try to make as much Tetris lines as I can on manageable speeds. Besides, the higher the level, the more score you get.
wow. this is the point where i admit defeat, haha. congratulations on this incredible highscore.
Haha, thank you.

Don't let my score keeping you away from reaching higher ones. Go for the 400k mark!

Attachments

• 20230112_130007[1].jpg
    20230112_130007[1].jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 54

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Don't let my score keeping you away from reaching higher ones. Go for the 400k mark!
i'm not sure if my heart can stay intact sustainably if i aim for even more points.... too much stress in the high levels. until mia beats me again in our private battle, i will relax with mario's picross.

Attachments

• GB_TETRIS_SCORE.jpg
    GB_TETRIS_SCORE.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 34

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think holding a piece for later is cheating... The point of the game is to use the blocks given to you at the time they're falling, not saving pieces for later. And the block outline is more distracting than it is useful to me, but to each their own. :sleep:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think holding a piece for later is cheating... The point of the game is to use the blocks given to you at the time they're falling, not saving pieces for later. And the block outline is more distracting than it is useful to me, but to each their own. :sleep:
Nobody forces you to play the Rosy version. :)
For score comparisson, we do so though.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
with all due respect, but i see it differently. as long as no one claims to have made the highscore with the vanilla version, this is nothing more than another game option.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with all due respect, but i see it differently. as long as no one claims to have made the highscore with the vanilla version, this is nothing more than another game option.
Exactly. Same chances for everyone (at least in this thread). How would that be cheating.

Reactions: hippy dave

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i'm not sure if my heart can stay intact sustainably if i aim for even more points.... too much stress in the high levels. until mia beats me again in our private battle, i will relax with mario's picross.
Congrats, man! Good job!

Glad to see you're still playing it.

Reactions: ciaomao

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! A friend offered me last year a miyooMini with MiniUI installed and he told me about that specific Game Boy Tetris Hack - Rosy Retrospection. He really liked this version of Tetris now and it's his favourite now.

I tried it last year but now, seeing this thread, I want now to give it more attention.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello! A friend offered me last year a miyooMini with MiniUI installed and he told me about that specific Game Boy Tetris Hack - Rosy Retrospection. He really liked this version of Tetris now and it's his favourite now.

I tried it last year but now, seeing this thread, I want now to give it more attention.
For me it is the ultimate best tetris. i hope you will enjoy it.

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, I see the features that I forgot about it. The hold function, the next pieces coming up, the time it takes before the piece is really setted, and it takes a while before I see the current piece to show up from up-screen.

At first (re)try, my eyes don't know where to look, haha! I am used to be concentrated on my current piece and where to place it!

I believe I prefer the original Game Boy Tetris, but these are my tastes.

I enjoy seeing this hack and see the potential it has, it's really well done!!
I'll try giving it other tries later.

Last edited by benone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo