BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Modern Warfare 3 to feature dedicated servers on PC
Activision shooter to feature dedicated servers, but publisher concerned about cheating.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is to feature dedicated servers on PC, following a community backlash that resulted in fans signing a petition to boycott MW3's multiplayer component.
Today at gamescom, Activision confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will indeed feature dedicated servers for the PC version, as part of an effort to show PC gamers that the Activision is serious about the platform.

Activision is, however, concerned by the open nature of the platform, which could render cheating harder to manage than on consoles.

According to Activision, the platform may also interfere with its upcoming subscription-based hub Call of Duty Elite, which award players with prizes in official contests.
If you don't win a prize, you'll likely know someone who has, admitted Activision - meaning that players may be able to cheat the system to obtain free prizes at present.

Activision did, however, confirm that the company is actively working on solutions and that it will not bring Modern Warfare 3 to market without ensuring a quality experience for all PC gamers.

Source

Good news. And this means we are one step closer to cracked online servers for MW3!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
One step closer to CoD becoming an obscure yet popular online PC FPS, just like the good ol' days.
One step closer to CoD haters stopping their habits of entering any CoD related post and posting unnecessary shit.

On-Topic: Glad to hear, but I'm a 360 player, so it's not a big deal to me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
One step closer to CoD becoming an obscure yet popular online PC FPS, just like the good ol' days.
One step closer to CoD haters entering any CoD related post and posting unnecessary shit.

On-Topic: Glad to hear, but I'm a 360 player, so it's not a big deal to me.
What? I was serious, I wasn't trying to insult it. Heck, go back and look at the game's history, that's what CoD 1+2 were.

I don't really see how that was hate
unsure.gif

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Activision is, however, concerned by the open nature of the platform, which could render cheating harder to manage than on consoles.

rofl.gif

HA! They can't even manage the cheaters on consoles. Try playing CoD4 or WaW on xbox live and see if you can get one legit match. Its so bad they constantly have the URLs for their sites pop up on your screen. Then theirs MW2 which while not as bad still has plenty of hacked lobies up an running

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they were. But the current games have had huge improvements over the earlier games. Then again, whether or not you see things such as more customization, more of a social aspect, etc. as improvements is up to you.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
raybattousai said:
QUOTE said:

rofl.gif

HA! They can't even manage the cheaters on consoles. Try playing CoD4 or WaW on xbox live and see if you can get one legit match. Its so bad they constantly have the URLs for their sites pop up on your screen. Then theirs MW2 which while not as bad still has plenty of hacked lobies up an running
Dedicated servers = mods = !votekick
Problem solved. This is what makes the PC version the best IMHO. Mods and votekick, to get rid of cheaters and overpowered shit.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
raybattousai said:
QUOTE said:

rofl.gif

Problem solved. This is what makes the PC version the best IMHO. Mods and votekick, to get rid of cheaters and overpowered shit.
See? Just like the good ol' days.

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
raybattousai said:
QUOTE said:

rofl.gif

You are absolutely right. This also fixes the problem of leaving a game because of cheaters and then matchmaking putting you back in the same god damn game. The worst you get with dedicated servers is the occasional dick mod who either thinks anyone better than him is cheating or that its ok for women to insult other players but when someone says something to her, "YOU SEXIST PIG YOUR BANNED!"....

On another note I really wish MS would go back to putting out pc releases of Halo. Its the only console shooter I still play an it would be GLORIOUS on pc with dedicated servers, not to mention the things the modding community would come up with

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
You do know every CoD game on PC had dedicated servers except for MW2, right? So it's not just like the good ol' days. It's how it's always been for the most part.

Originally, no. True. But thankfully some wicked hackers have released a certain version of the game that lets you play online, with dedicated servers (and all the epicness that comes with it). It's basically exactly MW2 but with dedicated servers.
Google "alter modern warfare 2" and you'll see what I mean.
I've been playing that for months now, close to 5th prestige now, and it sure rocks!

machomuu said:
TDWP FTW said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Aug 17 2011, 04:14 PM)
You do know every CoD game on PC had dedicated servers except for MW2, right? So it's not just like the good ol' days. It's how it's always been for the most part.
Really? Well crap, that crushed my hopes.
See post above
smile.gif
Have fun!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Publisher concerned about cheating

WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU IW WHEN MW2 WAS RELEASED

Seriously the first week on PC was all aimbotting and all types of hacks, it was literally unplayable.

With servers, you can have active admins and kick players and what not

Their just worried about piracy.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It still is an online PC FPS. I swear there are people here who just hate on the franchise because its a popular FPS and they don't like FPS and therefore poorly attempt to demonize it or create some image of teh good old days. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like CoD.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
It still is an online PC FPS. I swear there are people here who just hate on the franchise because its a popular FPS and they don't like FPS and therefore poorly attempt to demonize it or create some image of teh good old days. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like CoD.
I don't, I've played everyone since the beginning and only like 1-4, so a sense of [what I thought was] reversion would make sense. I tend not to be the type of people I hate (specifically the type you just said).

Once again, I don't really see how this is hate
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon