Hacking Modern Warfare 3 NTSC game and no Update? Check here!

Veristical Blaze

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody!

As some people might have noticed already, if you play Modern Warfare 3 NTSC version on a PAL Wii you won't receive the recent update.
Well, there is a fix!

Last night I found out how to do it, it's quite simple actually:

What you need:
  1. First, you'll need to extract your NTSC save with Savegame Manager GX to the default folder
  2. Next, shut off your Wii and put the SD in your computer
  3. Open index.sgmgx with Hex Editor Neo from the SD:\savegames\00010000534d3845 folder
  4. Press Ctrl-H and type in "Find what:" 534d3845 and in "Replace with:" 534d3850
  5. Replace everything(might need to do one by one because the free version doesn't allow replacing all at once)
  6. Save the file and close Neo
  7. Next, rename the "00010000534d3845" folder in your SD to 00010000534d3850
  8. Put the SD back in the Wii and start up your Wii
  9. Start up you Modern Warfare 3 PAL version and create a save, and type in some random profile name
  10. Go back to Homebrew Channel and start Savegame Manager GX
  11. Savegame Manager should have opened up the folder with the correct save in it, click on this save and select install -> ok and let it run
  12. Start up your MW3 Pal version, let it update and enjoy!

Peace out!
VB

Veristical Blaze

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have no idea, it might work. I can only confirm it working on a PAL Wii(couple of friends of mine made it working too on a PAL) It might work on your NTSC-J Wii with the PAL game. Since I didn't do any outrageous things it should work I guess, and if you backup your saves you can always try ;)

kcruza95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone confirmed that this works? because im level 52 in my ntsc save game(running on pal wii), but only 21 on my pal and i dont wanna level up again

EDIT: just tried it and it does work after a couple hitches

just a warning, if you have like 2 profiles in ntsc make 2 random profiles in pal before you install the converted save game or delete one of the profiles first in ntsc and just create one random profile like what i did, or you get a corrupted save data.

grimpuffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mistakenly clicked no on the update pop up thinking it might mess up my soft-modded Wii . Now I want the patch but it never prompted me for it after the first time.I have a a US copy on a US Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1