Gaming Modern Warfare 2 specs released!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad it's not anything extensive; my 5-year old comp could run it at the minimum, but I'd rather use my laptop, which far exceeds specs other than using an Intel GMA. Shouldn't be a problem, though, from all reports, the GPU in my lappy handles the first MW just fine.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Glad it's not anything extensive; my 5-year old comp could run it at the minimum, but I'd rather use my laptop, which far exceeds specs other than using an Intel GMA. Shouldn't be a problem, though, from all reports, the GPU in my lappy handles the first MW just fine.

You have a performance GMA not an integrated one right? Anything less powerful than a 4500MHD is going to have serious trouble running the game.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who even cares about this any more? It costs $10 more than console, comes out 2 days later than console, and it HAS NO DEDICATED SERVERS.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
12 gigs?

Mutters bad words about PC game companies.

I know it is nothing special (full install of sacred 2 here) but damn people.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
12 gigs?

Mutters bad words about PC game companies.

I know it is nothing special (full install of sacred 2 here) but damn people.

Not sure why that'd be a big deal considering you can get decent sized hard drives for cheap now. It also plays into why PC has an advantage over consoles which is uncompressed textures, sounds, and music.

Also, the recommended is usually set as a precaution for the installation and not reflective of the final installation size.

I usually just surf the net when installing games anyway. With Vista and 7, I can turn off the channel for the installer so the annoying repeating music doesn't make me want to blow my brains out.

rafcor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
About the price, WTF!
U$ 60 I thought was expensive, but I went searching for pre-order here in Brazil....I shoudn't!

Normal games (at launch) costs between R$ 99 and R$ 129 (today, about U$ 56 and U$ 73), but I found that because of the higher price for the PC game, the stores here also raised the price......BUT TOO MUCH!

The game is priced at R$ 249,99, it's about U$ 141!
Glad that I have Steam and can pay more than 1/2 of the price for it.

and by the way, any original games for PS3 and X360 is the same price here, I mean, the U$ 141 price tag.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Arwing789 said:
Who even cares about this any more? It costs $10 more than console, comes out 2 days later than console, and it HAS NO DEDICATED SERVERS.
Because console FPS is shitty compared to PC, Mouse and Keyboard anyone?

That's not worth a delay, $10 and a lack of dedicated servers when there are better FPS out for the PC anyway.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Easy mode, my PC just laughs with that
hrth.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It'll work. My processor is clocked at 3.1GHz. I swear... IF it says it won't work, fags, it is just 1GHz.

Other than that, RAM and Graphics is nothing to worry about. But ofc, I will be upgrading those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night