vebririon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys !

i'm looking for information about modding isaac game on switch, i've tried it for hours now but i cant get any mod working

i am using the isaac mod converter from here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-binding-of-isaac-mod-converter.502131/

i've tried to folow the post here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-binding-of-isaac-mod-converter.502131/page-2#post-8089652

but i cant get any mod working (i've tried only mod without lua files, like the external item description from afterbirth, wich is without lua, so it might works)

i also tried some other mods without any lua files or xml files, all converted by the isaac mod converter, still no change during game

i've copy the different converted files to those folders on my SD card : atmosphere/01005B9002312000(EU title id of isaac)/romfs

the addon i'm trying to play with have 2 folders and 1 file :
-pocketitems.xml (wich cant be converted)
-rooms folder with :
- 2 files : 00.special rooms.stb and 18.greed special.stb
-gfx folder with :
- 2 files : 005.100_collectible.anm2 and 005.350_trinket.anm2
-item folder with :
-collectibles folder, full of .png files (converted to .pcx files)
-trinkets folder, full of .png files (converted to .pcx files)
-ui folder with :
-main menu folder with :
- titlemenu.png converted to titlemenu.pcx

please, help me and forum to get it working, that would be insane !

kind regards !

edit : i've also tried to copy every single file directly to the romfs folder, to check what's going on, and game crash while after loading intro, maybe this could help

Last edited by vebririon,
Reactions: DrSeedling

LorenzoMKW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The mod you're using is for Afterbirth, the version on Switch is using Afterbirth+.

That's most likely the reason why it is not working

vebririon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but the afterbirth+ version contain lua file, which are not compatible with the mod converter. Afterbirth mod might work, the thing should be that AB+ items might not have description

I can’t make any random mod working, so I can’t even check if I am doing stuff correctly :/

LorenzoMKW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still looking for help, tried several things during weekend but i’m Still stuck :(

I've just tested it on my own Switch and I can confirm that the mod is not compatible with Afterbirth+. Other mods are loading fine but this one just isn't working, nothing we can do about it, unfortunately..

vebririon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just tested it on my own Switch and I can confirm that the mod is not compatible with Afterbirth+. Other mods are loading fine but this one just isn't working, nothing we can do about it, unfortunately..

Thanks for answer :)

Could you let me know which mod you are using with success and what is the structure or the folder, to be sure iam doing it correctly, so I can use other mods ?

LorenzoMKW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for answer :)

Could you let me know which mod you are using with success and what is the structure or the folder, to be sure iam doing it correctly, so I can use other mods ?

I used the Super Mario RPG Music Mod from moddingofisaac to see if it would work.

I use ReiNX so my folder structure looks like this:
ReiNX > titles > Binding of Isaac TitleID (01005b9002312000 is the EU ID, 010021c000b6a000 is the JP / US ID) > romfs > all the mod files.

So, my full path looks like this:
This PC > USB Drive (G: ) > ReiNX > titles > 01005b9002312000 > romfs > mod files

Hope this helps!

Reactions: vebririon

vebririon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used the Super Mario RPG Music Mod from moddingofisaac to see if it would work.

I use ReiNX so my folder structure looks like this:
ReiNX > titles > Binding of Isaac TitleID (01005b9002312000 is the EU ID, 010021c000b6a000 is the JP / US ID) > romfs > all the mod files.

So, my full path looks like this:
This PC > USB Drive (G: ) > ReiNX > titles > 01005b9002312000 > romfs > mod files

Hope this helps!

well, this worked perfectly, my folder structure was correct, so i dont understand why the AB classic external item description mod dont work (maybe because of the pocketitems.xml file ?)

is there any other addon that could fill item descrition that could work you think ?

LorenzoMKW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, this worked perfectly, my folder structure was correct, so i dont understand why the AB classic external item description mod dont work (maybe because of the pocketitems.xml file ?)

is there any other addon that could fill item descrition that could work you think ?
I haven't been able to find a similar mod yet, unfortunately :(

vebririon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fak :(

I have successfully repacked nca file I have extracted from a xci one after infecting the modified ressource folder, I can install game but can’t launch it sadly :(

vebririon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
still looking for some help

my nsp is rebuild with custom files, i can install it but game crash at start :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)