Modding and xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by alejolink11, Sep 13, 2010.

Sep 13, 2010

Modding and xbox 360? by alejolink11 at 12:21 AM (597 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. alejolink11
    OP

Member alejolink11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay so Im a complete noob to this. Ive flashed my wii and Im moderately knowledgeable on that. But the 360 is a completely different subject.

I have the regular 360 not the slim. And I basically want to know the ways of hacking and what they basically let me do.
    Please help?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Remove the faceplate of the xbox360. If you see yellow wires, give up. If you don't see yellow wires, goto to the jungleflasher website and download the manual, then read it.

It's not like the wii, you can only play backup disks unless you are willing to do soldering. Playing games/ DLC/ XBLA from the HDD requires a bit of effort and an exploitable xbox 360 (which yours is unlikely to be)

3. alejolink11
    OP

Member alejolink11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh ok. So Ill be able to play backups? That works fine. Ill see if the dreaded wire is there. So if it is... just give up hope? ;(

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You will be able do it if you see yellow wires, but it will require purchasing probes etc and may involve cutting tracks and doing soldering etc. I have no interest in even attempting it.

If you don't see yellow wires, you can plug it straight into a Sata port on your motherboard, run a program and it flashes the drive. Jungleflasher really wants a VIA Sata chipset, but google iprep and you'll find an alternative DOS based flasher that works on quite a few Sata chipsets. Mine was pretty easy to do,.