Hacking Feedback Modded Nintendo Switch Fails to Load Games For No Reason

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still feel modding a system that still has support is very foolish. OK you get bragging rights and shit that is actually wNted like themes and ACTUAL FOLDERS LIKE THE 3DS!! Sorry still salty nintendo still left it so barebones.

duds2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received the RCM Loader in the mail and tried it out.
The RCM Loader device doesn't show up in Windows 10, but I went for it and loaded the default into Switch anyway and it worked.
So far I can load the games and everything runs fine. But I have to do it every time I power up the console and I've just been leaving it on sleep mode for now. I'm not sure how I'll do AutoRCM until I can get Windows to acknowledge the device. Is it basically just a flash drive?

Thanks again for all of the help. I'm happy to have it working again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-30-23 at 04.03 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 11-30-23 at 04.03 AM.PNG
    367.2 KB · Views: 13

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I received the RCM Loader in the mail and tried it out.
The RCM Loader device doesn't show up in Windows 10, but I went for it and loaded the default into Switch anyway and it worked.
So far I can load the games and everything runs fine. But I have to do it every time I power up the console and I've just been leaving it on sleep mode for now. I'm not sure how I'll do AutoRCM until I can get Windows to acknowledge the device. Is it basically just a flash drive?

Thanks again for all of the help. I'm happy to have it working again.
did you connected the RCM to the PC using the included micro USB cable?

look into device manager and see if anything shows

duds2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you connected the RCM to the PC using the included micro USB cable?

look into device manager and see if anything shows
Yeah, I checked device manager and nothing showed up. Disconnected and reconnected several times. I'll try again after a reboot, but I have a lot of work open at the moment. It charged it, at least.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, I checked device manager and nothing showed up. Disconnected and reconnected several times. I'll try again after a reboot, but I have a lot of work open at the moment. It charged it, at least.
you also can press the button on the front of the RCM and hold it pressed while you connect the micro USB to the computer, a new device should show connected, please share with us a screenshot of that device properties.

duds2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you also can press the button on the front of the RCM and hold it pressed while you connect the micro USB to the computer, a new device should show connected, please share with us a screenshot of that device properties.
Nope, doesn't work. Maybe they gave me a shitty power-only cable.
I'll try to find a microUSB. I think I do have one somewhere.

Rebooted, tried new cable, did not work.
Pressed the button, plugged in, did not work.
Held button down, plugged in, did not work.

It only charges it so far. I'll let it charge for a while and see if that helps.

I wonder if plugging the USB-C end into my laptop would help? I have a port.

duds2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may be a long shot, but connect the loader to pc using micro usb and then double press the front button.
Nope, nothing. I don't even know why it wouldn't do anything unless it's some super bootleg unit with fixed storage that doesn't work with Windows. It looks the same as the other devices I've seen. At least it works on my Switch, I guess.

Musicbeyondwords

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, doesn't work. Maybe they gave me a shitty power-only cable.
I'll try to find a microUSB. I think I do have one somewhere.

Rebooted, tried new cable, did not work.
Pressed the button, plugged in, did not work.
Held button down, plugged in, did not work.

It only charges it so far. I'll let it charge for a while and see if that helps.

I wonder if plugging the USB-C end into my laptop would help? I have a port.
The issue is most likely the cable and not because it's power only, it could be anything from damaged pins to a problem with the standard. I know my Switch itself would not connect to my PC and be seen with a certain USB 3 from Huawei but it would with a generic one I bought after. Cables are fussy sometimes. Besides that, uninstall the driver for it and reinstall it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...