Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please edit the reply so OP actual serial number not shown, thanks
You're right! Done!
Post automatically merged:

No on ismyswitchpatched.com I entered XA4J from the drop down menu and the first 6 numbers 004629 which is all the site needs and it says it is unpatched. Try it yourself ismyswitchpatched.com
Possible, but I based my answer on a well known thread here on this site.

• Love
Reactions: duds2 and BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly, if the console wasn't banned from online play before, it prob will be now. Booting into OFW (sysnand) with pirated games installed (.nsp), will most likely flag you for a ban. That Seller needs taken out back and whipped, for not setting up Emunand, and for not explaining all this to you.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly, if the console wasn't banned from online play before, it prob will be now. Booting into OFW (sysnand) with pirated games installed, will most likely flag you for a ban. That Seller needs taken out back and whipped!
sounds like the seller didnt tell them nothing, but that was sold to them about a year ago

duds2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unfortunate, I was never planning on playing it online, but I didn't know that was an option either.
I'll be happy as long as I can get it working enough to play Mario Kart and a few other games on occasion.
Unfortunately I don't have the time to do it today.

I'll look into all of the stuff that you've all mentioned and see if I have a paperclip laying around for when I have the time.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unfortunate, I was never planning on playing it online, but I didn't know that was an option either.
I'll be happy as long as I can get it working enough to play Mario Kart and a few other games on occasion.

I'll look into all of the stuff that you've all mentioned and see if I have a paperclip laying around for when I have the time.
I highly reccomend you ordering an actual jig online, they are dirt cheap, and less chance to ruin your Switch.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3948573724...YN7m7DXKnceH7cRccQOwPOWVY2WO0i-hoCAgAQAvD_BwE

Reactions: duds2

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's a learning curve but once you get it into RCM you can put it on AutoRCM so that you never have to use a jig again then you just have to send the payload or you could use sleep mode and not even have to do that except after powering it off. It's a good thing to have a hackable switch. In addition to the jig you're going to need a usb type c cable to connect your switch to your PC if you don't already have one, they're about $10-$12 at Walmart When you have time just ask for help on this site.

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a pre-modded Nintendo Switch last year, took it out of the box, played a few games and let it sit around for several months before turning it on again.
Upon booting the machine, none of the games would launch anymore. Could someone please help me getting the games to launch again?

The error:
"Unable to start software.
Return to the HOME Menu and try again."

Only option: OK

The system runs perfectly fine outside of this. Thank you in advanced.
if im honest dont mod your console until the support has happened.

duds2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a learning curve but once you get it into RCM you can put it on AutoRCM so that you never have to use a jig again then you just have to send the payload or you could use sleep mode and not even have to do that except after powering it off. It's a good thing to have a hackable switch. In addition to the jig you're going to need a usb type c cable to connect your switch to your PC if you don't already have one, they're about $10-$12 at Walmart When you have time just ask for help on this site.
I bought this. I hope it will be enough to deal with this and any other problems I may have in the future?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-30-23 at 04.03 AM 001.PNG
    Screen Shot 11-30-23 at 04.03 AM 001.PNG
    151.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 11-30-23 at 04.03 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 11-30-23 at 04.03 AM.PNG
    367.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: BigOnYa

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this. I hope it will be enough to deal with this and any other problems I may have in the future?
Possibly. Some newer ones of that model are either different or clones of the original, and may have a problem launching the latest hekate. BUT hekate checks your sd for a newer version on the sd, and will load that instead. In this case (if it has problems working with the latest) it’s a 1 time pain to search for what older version of hekate to place on the dongle. Once that works, you never have to change it again.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or enable auto RCM to no need to put the jig.

I already said that, but you still need to use a jig one time to be able to do that (or paperclip, but could damage the switch).

There's a learning curve but once you get it into RCM you can put it on AutoRCM so that you never have to use a jig again then you just have to send the payload or you could use sleep mode

Like Bigonya said I would spend a few dollars on a jig.

Reactions: BigOnYa

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly. Some newer ones of that model are either different or clones of the original, and may have a problem launching the latest hekate. BUT hekate checks your sd for a newer version on the sd, and will load that instead. In this case (if it has problems working with the latest) it’s a 1 time pain to search for what older version of hekate to place on the dongle. Once that works, you never have to change it again.
Don't forget the option of using argonnx
https://github.com/Storm21CH/ArgonNX-SE

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget the option of using argonnx
https://github.com/Storm21CH/ArgonNX-SE
You know... I was going to be a smartass and ask why an "immutable payload" has to have so many updates (and still think the bit about being immutable should be taken out), but... this looks really neat. If I ever heard of it before, I either ignored or just plain forgot about it, so thanks for the mention. I think I'll be looking at this one a bit closer. At the very least, it is very aesthetically pleasing.

And for the OP, if your dongle happens to be legit and can handle the latest hetake payload, you could optionally have both of them on there (a legit/good one will have about 1.96MB capacity, and in theory, you can have up to 6 different payloads on it).

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol