Hacking Mod'd Wii Warranty NFO

Valgreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i tried to search to see if this has been posted yet and couldnt find anything related to this, so if this has already been posted please forgive me.

Bushing/hackmii has received some very interesting info via warranty repairs on wii's with softmod's.

see here to view the full article.. http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/#more-536

here is a clip from an anonymous email bushing received..

please be informed about the following change, it is effective from start of Februay on. Sory for my late notice as I have been sick. This change is confirmed by NOE President.

Whenever you get a console for Repairs and find a Homebrew channel or any other not official Nintendo or unauthorized software (Backup Channel, Gecko OS, etc). on it, this repair is out of warranty. If the defect is related to the modication or not, is of no interest for us, anytime we find unauthorized software, it is out of warranty.

see full article on this, and this was posted today..

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah I think that it's theoretically possible to remove all traces, too.
But if your Wii is in dire need of repair (bricked), you don't have any way to remove any traces.
If, however, your Wii has only a minor defect (e.g. GPU damage), you should be able to remove everything with the aforementioned methods.

... but why am I even posting here?
There's already another thread discussing this.

Valgreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aight, i never saw that thread, sorry for re-posting what has already been posted.. mods can close this thread..

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Helsionium said:
... but why am I even posting here?
There's already another thread discussing this.

there's 2 actually
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.