ModChipsDirect is a scam, so everyone knows.

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check my posting history and find that I got a dysfunctional card? It was from them.

So, here's the details:

1. It came without original packaging, stuffed haphazardly in a plastic bag and shipped that way.
2. I contacted them about it not working. They responded once, giving me some "tip" on how to work around it (because the defective product they sell should be my problem, apparently).
3. Their tip didn't work. It may have actually made the problem worse. Of course, when I got in touch with them again, they're dead silent, and will not respond (been a week and a half now).
4. They do, in fact, have a replacement policy. This is a lie. If they send you broken junk, they're not going to replace it.

Also, as a note, another site I tried to post about this on almost immediately deleted my post. Hopefully, GBAtemp isn't scummy like that.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So they only rip people off sometimes? That makes it much better.
5 orders from them and no issues.
The #1 issue you posted is to reduce the chance of a customs seizure. flashcards are not legal products in the usa so they have to take extra care to avoid detection.

mind telling us what card you ordered and what's wrong with it?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 orders from them and no issues.
The #1 issue you posted is to reduce the chance of a customs seizure. flashcards are not legal products in the usa so they have to take extra care to avoid detection.

mind telling us what card you ordered and what's wrong with it?
ModChipsDirect are based in the US. If you had ever ordered from them, you would know this.

That you cite "customs" reveals you haven't ever purchased from them.

I'd also like to know from Subtle Demise if his claims are like yours: that he's never received a defective product in the first place, in which case his experience is entirely irrelevant to whether they uphold their replacement policy. If so, then why are you guys posting? You have nothing relevant to say.

Last edited by cihalfaon,

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think this company makes the modchips themselves?
I think that if they import large enough quantities of various chips to their warehouse, then they have a lot more things to worry about than whether there's proper packaging around them.

I also think removing it increases the chance of damage to the product, and that I've bought multiple cards before, and neither of them came "packed" like this one did (like they were begging for it to get damaged in shipping).

Now does anyone who has ever successfully gotten a replacement from these guys have anything to say? No?

Last edited by cihalfaon,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModChipsDirect are based in the US. If you had ever ordered from them, you would know this.

I'd also like to know from Subtle Demise if his claims are like yours: that he's never received a defective product in the first place, in which case his experience is entirely irrelevant to whether they uphold their replacement policy. If so, then why are you guys posting? You have nothing relevant to say.
Your anecdotal "evidence" is just as valid as anyone else's is. I've bought from them and haven't had any problems. The entire OP is "They're a scam, there was no protective packaging, they're not good at customer service, they're still not good at customer service, and they won't allow returns." Don't complain about people speaking their minds on 4/5 or 5/5 of your original post, especially after complaining about your other post being deleted, since the person who deleted it probably thought " @cihalfaon has nothing relevant to say."

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Screenshot_2018-09-11 Orders - ModChipsDirect North Americas #1 Mod Chip Reseller .png
You were saying?

Flashcards can be seized inside the US after the initial entry. It's not as common but it happens.
Keep in mind that these products also enter the US without packaging, so why do you think what's shipped to you will have packaging?

Again, why are you not telling us what flashcard, and what's wrong with it?
It's almost like you just want to be angry and lash out at us rather than get anything resolved.

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 142934
Flashcards can be seized inside the US after the initial entry. It's not as common but it happens.
Keep in mind that these products also enter the US without packaging, so why do you think what's shipped to you will have packaging?

Again, why are you not telling us what flashcard, and what's wrong with it?
It's almost like you just want to be angry and lash out at us rather than get anything resolved.
I told you it's in my post history, because that includes a full description of the card, what happened with it, and most of the attempts I tried to identify or work around the problem.

That you can't bother shows your unwillingness to believe anything but that people who fall victim to scams by shady vendors are the perpetrators of some sort of crime, because your brain can't wrap around the idea that maybe the shady grey market Internet business isn't totally on the level (somehow).

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check my posting history and find that I got a dysfunctional card? It was from them.

So, here's the details:

1. It came without original packaging, stuffed haphazardly in a plastic bag and shipped that way.
2. I contacted them about it not working. They responded once, giving me some "tip" on how to work around it (because the defective product they sell should be my problem, apparently).
3. Their tip didn't work. It may have actually made the problem worse. Of course, when I got in touch with them again, they're dead silent, and will not respond (been a week and a half now).
4. They do, in fact, have a replacement policy. This is a lie. If they send you broken junk, they're not going to replace it.

Also, as a note, another site I tried to post about this on almost immediately deleted my post. Hopefully, GBAtemp isn't scummy like that.
I've dealt with them many times and no issues. Maybe you're attitude wasn't the best when you contacted them. They don't have a lot of patience for customers who act entitled. I'm sure if you speak to them in a professional manner they will help you. Other than that you didn't put much information about your issue to see if we could help you here.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I told you it's in my post history, because that includes a full description of the card, what happened with it, and most of the attempts I tried to identify or work around the problem.

That you can't bother shows your unwillingness to believe anything but that people who fall victim to scams by shady vendors are the perpetrators of some sort of crime, because your brain can't wrap around the idea that maybe the shady grey market Internet business isn't totally on the level (somehow).
You have the problem, you have to give us the info. Not that we have to find it...
If you were talking with them like that, I quite understand your "luck".

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Unwillingness to believe? You literally had just doubted his claim that he had ordered from them before. Calm down and stop lashing out at everyone that responds. Other members are stating their experience with the site and are suggesting what could have occurred based on what you've said. You got screwed and their responses does not detract from that. I agree. But how exactly should someone sympathize with your issue if your response is to immediately doubt and disregard them?

I hope that isn't the attitude you took in your support emails to them as it isn't going to help improve the situation. Good customer service should respond regardless of customer attitude, however bad customer attitude doesn't necessarily improve chances in getting a good response or even one at all.

Some actual advice with issues like these: I've dealt with numerous stores sending me defective products, products damaged on shipping, or straight up products missing half their pieces. I actually just received a missing piece today after raising an issue). I keep on them but stay respectful every time and have ultimately had every issue sorted, even with some less than stellar sites. Usually checking in if there's no sign of action every 3-4 days. I've had to wait over a month before on replacements and resolutions but I have always got things fixed in the end. Of course, still use the experience to inform a purchasing decision next time.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've dealt with them many times and no issues. Maybe you're attitude wasn't the best when you contacted them. They don't have a lot of patience for customers who act entitled. I'm sure if you speak to them in a professional manner they will help you. Other than that you didn't put much information about your issue to see if we could help you here.
There is a pattern of attitude issues in this thread. Making other people go through your posting history to find out what your problem is? Talk about entitled...

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you going to help me, exactly?

The entire reason I bothered posting is so anyone who comes to that site having doubts (like I did) can search around and find someone stating that they might actually get ripped off (which I did not find, or else I wouldn't have purchased and wouldn't have gotten ripped off).

Also, if you sell a customer something with a guarantee, it is your duty to uphold that guarantee, no matter whether the customer says nice things to you in your inconsequential zero-risk probably-anonymous Internet conversation. Your bullshit about "professional manner" is a terrible excuse. You don't get to punch someone and steal their wallet because they were rude to you.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

The entire reason I bothered posting is so anyone who comes to that site having doubts (like I did) can search around and find someone stating that they might actually get ripped off (which I did not find, or else I wouldn't have purchased and wouldn't have gotten ripped off).
Can find someone who gave no info but is super triggered. Nice.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, if you sell a customer something with a guarantee, it is your duty to uphold that guarantee, no matter whether the customer says nice things to you in your inconsequential zero-risk probably-anonymous Internet conversation. Your bullshit about "professional manner" is a terrible excuse. You don't get to punch someone and steal their wallet because they were rude to you.
Oh, there's the problem. You missed the blog section. Here, I'll help you. https://gbatemp.net/blogs/

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pattern of attitude issues in this thread. Making other people go through your posting history to find out what your problem is? Talk about entitled...
I've posted like five times, ever, outside this thread. It's literally easier for you to find the relevant post than it is for you to post these useless spam responses.

But you won't bother, because you want me to copy and paste the whole thing for you or something. Talk about entitled.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, there's the problem. You missed the blog section. Here, I'll help you. https://gbatemp.net/blogs/
So all those ordering and unboxing threads talking about how great a certain vendor is are actually off-topic and belong in blogs. I see.

I trust you complain about all of them, too. Despite none of them having any negative comments.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've posted like five times, ever, outside this thread. It's literally easier for you to find the relevant post than it is for you to post these useless spam responses.

But you won't bother, because you want me to copy and paste the whole thing for you or something. Talk about entitled.
You want help, you give us the info...

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

cihalfaon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the problem, so you should give us the info...
I told you exactly where the info is. It is two clicks away. Two clicks? That's much less than the fifty or so keypresses you just did.

If you don't want to know what the problem is, and prefer to pretend that Random Internet Vendor is the Second Coming, fine. But how about you stop spamming a thread that is trying to help people with your self-focused nonsense?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water