Modchip to SCPH-5501 and SCPH-1002 Playstation 1 models

spawnerbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all. Actually, where I can buy a modchip for Playstation 1 models SCPH-5501 and SCPH-1002? I know the possibility to use PSIO and Xstation, but looking for a modchip too. Thanks!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Actually, where I can buy a modchip for Playstation 1 models SCPH-5501 and SCPH-1002? I know the possibility to use PSIO and Xstation, but looking for a modchip too. Thanks!
PIC microcontrollers aren't too expensive. Go with a 12C508A and program Mayumi v4 or MultiMode 3.

spawnerbr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PIC microcontrollers aren't too expensive. Go with a 12C508A and program Mayumi v4 or MultiMode 3.
I've got two 12C508/P that the seller says is a working modchip, but tried to install in one PS1 and nothing change, but after your suggestion the Mayumi is not compatible with the SCPH-1002. Maybe program they again, using MM3, will be a solution. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two 12C508/P that the seller says is a working modchip, but tried to install in one PS1 and nothing change, but after your suggestion the Mayumi is not compatible with the SCPH-1002. Maybe program they again, using MM3, will be a solution. Thanks for your help.
Once you program the Mayumi 4 code, it has a write protect flag to prevent the chip from being read on an EEPROM programmer, but you should be able to use it just fine on the PS1. The MM3 supports nearly all console models and is highly recommended if you want to upgrade your existing chip with something more superior in features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol