Hardware Mod Idea - Wondercard/PokeGen/GTS app

Duckuss_Maxximo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While rooting around for wii mod stuff and trying to figure out how to get DSCraft working on DeSmuMe to no avail I recently found a folder on filetrip from http://pkmdb.com/ (which has now moved to http://www.projectpokemon.org/ ) which had pkm files for all events. I also saw elsewhere to use a program called Hyper GTS where as on the site they say to use Python 2.7 and some other program (i didn't even bother to check out the python method. Hyper GTS is fast and simple.) There's this website called PokeCheck also. And PP.org has a program called PokeGen to create pokemon (within the legalities of the game)

I often wondered if there was a way to get wonder cards for all those opportunities I missed out on. I have a computer again so it's fairly easy to do all this stuff. But I remember when I didn't how hard it was to access things with limited functionality of my phone/wii. I often thought about this idea though. To have an app that would handle these files and use the wii as a wifi network to implement this. So I'm wondering, how hard it would be to make a mod to do this? Since I have limited knowledge in programming and what goes into making a mod it's not really my forte. If I did I'd be all over this but I don't know where to start or how to go about it.

I don't really know about some of this but if there was a way to this I'd want to be sure all the unobtainable pokemon/items would be integrated into the mod. PokeGen pokemon would have to be added manually (save for maybe Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom)

Duckuss_Maxximo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea more or less. I haven't really figured out how to use everything just yet. So far I've only used pkm files to get the 10th Anniversary Suikune, Entei, and Raikou. I also used PokeGen to get Palkia on Diamond since I chose Dialga.

Duckuss_Maxximo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really tried to use the PCO/PGT files from pp.org yet. I just discovered it a few days ago so I'm still learning how to use everything.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well it would be cool if the wii could be used as a wondercard / pkmn file distributor.

seeing how the wii and ds are already able to communicate with one another, it might even be not all that impossible.

Duckuss_Maxximo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it could be done. I just wish I was more knowledgeable in modding so I could implement it. But you see I'm only a dreamer. I'd imagine PP.org having RawDB would greatly help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro