Mod/cheat disable hotkey per app?

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know you can alter the global hotkeys for mods, cheats, and the key for launching hbmenu in full RAM mode using the override.ini. It also talks about app specific configs and I gave it a try but it seemed to only work for full RAM in the hbmenu. Is it also supposed to work for cheat and mod overrides? Anyone have sample syntax?

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes use kosmos toolbox app to do that
This looks like a complete SD card builder. It also looks to be retired. If possible, I just need to see what the syntax looks like in override_config.ini. I can take it from there. I gave it a try following the comments in the template file and the global settings work as expected. The per app setting worked for launching homebrew with full RAM but I couldn't seem to work it out for mods and cheats.

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noooo, no Kosmos alone, kosmos was a pack. inside kosmos there is a Homebrew calle "Kosmos Toolbox" that homebrew is a front end to editing Override.ini, let you select titles and what happen when you press L or R.

https://github.com/WerWolv/Hekate-Toolbox/releases

it appears to be renamed Hekate-Toolbox :D
Had a chance to look into this. It only allows modification of the Homebrew Menu hotkey and not the mods/cheats hotkey(s). I suppose that means we're back to asking is this possible and if so what does the syntax in the ini look like.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
By default the Cheats/mods enable/disable is asigned to [L] button for all apps.

the override configuration is on the Atmosphere documentation:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/config_templates/override_config.ini

and as you can see on the template https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/config_templates/override_config.ini

you can change the "key" for a specific application but only the load Homebrew browser key

for the default you can change the mod/cheat key FOR ALL APPS.

on the release notes of atmosphere:

Code:
## 0.8.5
+ Support was added for overriding content on a per-title basis, separate from HBL override.
  + This allows for using mods on the same title that one uses to launch HBL.
  + By default, `!L` is used for title content override (this is configurable by editing `default_config!override_key` in `loader.ini`)
  + This key combination can be set on a per-title basis by creating a `atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini`, and editing `override_config!override_key`.
+ Content headers were added for the embedded files inside of fusee-secondary.

so you can change the need of press L to enable/disable Mods/cheats using Loader.ini file on contents folder of the application (note what before atmosphere 0.19.0 contents folder was titles)

everything is on the atmosphere documentation.

Reactions: l7777

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the release notes of atmosphere:

Code:
## 0.8.5
+ Support was added for overriding content on a per-title basis, separate from HBL override.
  + This key combination can be set on a per-title basis by creating a `atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini`, and editing `override_config!override_key`.
Perfect, I think this is what I was looking for. The next step was understanding how to write the config.ini file. After some trial and error,
Code:
[override_config]
override_key=!X
finally did the job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...