Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
install Wii VC games to redNAND. (I guess)
it doesn't involve vWii homebrew at all in case you thought about wii usbloaders.
That doesn't work either, I've tried every way :( When you click on a vwii title in the menu it loads the vwii side but kicks it back out, soon as you here the drive loading twice you know its going to kick you back into the WiiU menu, it should only load the once and go into the vwii title but it does not do as it should. I think it may have something to do with mirror imaging the systemnand on sd card for rednand use I don't think it can find the wii side of things when loading, it gets confused but really it could do with fixing, it may be needed if the wiiu is updated to FW5.6.0 in the near future. I'm sure Dimok & Co. know about all this and are working on it.

Last edited by Reecey,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
install Wii VC games to redNAND. (I guess)
it doesn't involve vWii homebrew at all in case you thought about wii usbloaders.
Yes it was a Wii VC game BUT i installed within sysNAND to USB and in redNAND just booted up. After i quieted i was kicked back to sysNAND. Maybe then it's not related to mocha cfw but interesting.

Last edited by Cava,

KiraW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note to anybody looking to compile this - it seems like it doesn't properly work with parallel jobs (make -j<n>). You'll need to compile it serially.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it was a Wii VC game BUT i installed within sysNAND to USB and in redNAND just booted. Maybe then it's not related to mocha cfw but interesting.
Maybe it can't be installed on the (emu)NAND?

The 3DS won't launch DSIWare from emuNand because it reboots the system into a different firmware that tries loading from the system memory instead of emuNAND...

Maybe this works on the Wii U because the USB is accessible from both RedNAND and sysNAND?

Has anyone tried installing a Wii VC game into NAND before creating the RedNAND image? (and not formatting the original sysNAND)

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note to anybody looking to compile this - it seems like it doesn't properly work with parallel jobs (make -j<n>). You'll need to compile it serially.
It works ok, just type in "make" and enter, it should compile it asap it does for me.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

The 3DS won't launch DSIWare from emuNand because it reboots the system into a different firmware that tries loading from the system memory instead of emuNAND...

Maybe this works on the Wii U because the USB is accessible from both RedNAND and sysNAND?
Okey then redNAND CAN run Wii VC games which are installed within sysNAND to USB with sign patcher.

Last edited by Cava,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

Has anyone tried installing a Wii VC game into NAND before creating the RedNAND image? (and not formatting the original sysNAND)
Take it from me @dan it doesn't work bud. I have tried to install with config tool also Wup out of Rednand in CFW with system memory in HDD, they wont load whatever you try, they haven't done for along time.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll give it a go here in a minute. Gotta install Skyward sword to my emunand real quick.
Sounds good, see if it works, it might? you never know. I'm thinking about it now I had to "copy" not "move" (just in case) my Haxchi vc games from system memory to hdd for them to work properly in rednand so you might be on to something.

KiraW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works ok, just type in "make" and enter, it should compile it asap it does for me.

That's exactly what I meant by compiling it serially. :)

To be clear: When you just type "make", it compiles each file one by one. If you have a multicore system (and most people do nowadays), it's normally possible to compile with parallel jobs to speed up compilation. All I'm saying is that Mocha doesn't compile properly if you try to do that, so you *have* to just use "make".

It doesn't really matter when compiling a relatively small project like Mocha as the difference is literally seconds, but some people might not think to do a plain make and just think it fails, hence the warning.

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, see if it works, it might? you never know. I'm thinking about it now I had to "copy" not "move" (just in case) my Haxchi vc games from system memory to hdd for them to work properly in rednand so you might be on to something.

After having to redownload Skyward Sword and install it on both nands apparently, I can unfortunately confirm that installing to both nands does not work either. :/

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for telling me.
Would you mind testing this one?
The image still didn't work for me. The actual picture is all sort of screwed together.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After having to redownload Skyward Sword and install it on both nands apparently, I can unfortunately confirm that installing to both nands does not work either. :/
Yes I have just found out myself I was going to message you.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it reloads Mocha, but it gets stuck, unless coldboothax option has been selected in Mocha settings. I am referring to the case when Mocha is coldbooted with CBHC, not when run from the HBL.
Yes your right, you can select the coldboot option and maybe that does the trick I have done but if you have gone from your original coldboothax method or from fixs cooldboothax way the sys.xml file will still be there I would assume. I actually downloaded my system.xml just to be sure after doing all this and made several copies in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol