Hacking Mo' cores, mo problems...? - DS Emu on Wii U?

Drcreek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.david-marsden.com
XP
Country
Hypothetically speaking, with the TriCore in the Wii U, does vWii have access to the extra horsepower, and if so doesn't that mean we can now emulate more powerful consoles from the past?

Like the DS, PS2 and Dreamcast?

Or am I hypothetically p••sing in to the wind?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii u is not able to emulate ps2 or dream cast (from what I heard) because of its low CPU and I don't think that the vwii is any more powerful than a regular wii. Maybe a better ds emulator in wii u mode or better psx/n64 but the wii u is just not powerful enough for those other things.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii u is not able to emulate ps2 or dream cast (from what I heard) because of its low CPU and I don't think that the vwii is any more powerful than a regular wii. Maybe a better ds emulator in wii u mode or better psx/n64 but the wii u is just not powerful enough for those other things.

How do you know ? It is not hacking yet for homebrew through Wii U instead of vWii just yet so we can't answer that questions about PS2 and Dreamcast anyway. We will have to wait and see.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know ? It is not hacking yet for homebrew through Wii U instead of vWii just yet so we can't answer that questions about PS2 and Dreamcast anyway. We will have to wait and see.
But there is hacking through vWii witch Drcreek ask if emulation on it but most likely not since it's not the actual system were as the wii u mode. And with all the threads I have seen yes the wii u is just not as powerful, does not mean it can't be made but with its type of CPU witch is a wii's CPU but buffed up it won't run as good.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure about how much power vWii has out of the Wii U processor and am too lazy to research. :P
But if it's 90% or close, N64/PS1/Dreamcast should work well. PS2, well, not as much, but some games should be playable.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Th WiiU could easily emulate the PS2. The CPU in combination with the GPU is fast enough. The only problem is the RAM.
A vWii with full access to HDMI, RAM and TRI Core CPU would be the only way to get emulators like N64, Ps1, Dreamcast, PS2, Saturn, DS etc.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
Dreamcast fullspeed emulator with good compatibility is not possible. PS2 lol. I think Wii U does not even have SIMD power of PS2.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Low CPU? Guys, WiiU's CPU can apparently be sped up to 3,24 GHz, and GPU should be more than enough to emulate PS2 and Dreamcast, RAM should not be a problem at all

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See ? You guys have different point of view and opinions. There is no proof and no evidence just yet. For me, I rather to wait and see what's happening in the future. Right now, I do not care about it because PC/Gamer Laptop can do a good job for those emulators. ;)

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
What evidence do you need? It's known that Wii U CPU is upclocked to 1.24GHz Wii CPU with 3 cores without practically any SIMD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT