MMBN 5 for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DeepFriedAsian, Jul 12, 2007.

1. DeepFriedAsian
    OP

DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Michigan
    Hey, I heard that Mega Man Battle Network 5 was just a port or something from the GBA version, but if someone is new to the series, would it be a good game?

Also, I'm wondering, how does the game play? Like in battles, what do you do?

2. .::5pYd3r::.

.::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Jun 2, 2007
    The GREAT Southern Land :D
    Sadly it is just a port the only differences are that when you start a new game it randomly selects team Protoman or team Colonel and that when operatating the PET you use the touch screen

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    New to the series: definitely.

Battle wise most of the time (there is a slight tweak at some points) you are battling on a 9x9 grid in real time (which may grow, shrink or become altered in some way: broken sections, rock, grass, healing.....) with your enemies on an adjacent 9x9 grid and every so often you get to choose some weapons from your "deck" (you have a blaster always) that you set up when not in battle, different weapons may also have nice effects and enemies may be resistant to damage in some manner. Personally I found it quite refreshing from turn based stuff.
    Out of battle is it a standard isometric RPG with two worlds: machine world and human world (human does not have any battles per se (5 has a mini game at one point) but they can be declared if you speak to certain people a la pokemon), you talk to people, buy stuff, find stuff.
    Basically just grab one of the GBA versions and fire up an emulator.

I also suggest you replace the English sounds with Japanese as the English dub is awful:
    http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=457

4. cutter

cutter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2007
    United States
    I've played the GBA version, but not the DS one.

If you're a newbie, I definitely recommend you try it out. If it sounds confusing, don't worry... The game starts off with a great tutorial that'll ease you into it. It's a great RPG, and'll last you 20-30 hours.