FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mississippi school sued for canceling prom over lesbian student

...Really. Really, Mississippi. This is just pathetic, now. How much long are we going to have to wait until everyone pulls their heads out of their asses and realize that GLBT people are not a threat to society!? This kind of crap is just...disgusting. Oh yes, on another note, there goes another freedom we should have yet don't: Freedom to marry whoever the fuck you want to. Seriously? Cancelling a prom over a pair of lesbians? With the excuse they gave, they make the list of people/places I'd shoot in the face and feel no remorse for.

The decision was made, the board of education said, "taking into consideration the education, safety and well-being of our students."
[/qoute]

Yes, because a pair of lesbians affect education. Yes, people, according to them, lesbians are a threat to your safety and wellbeing.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Prowler485 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
There was already a topic made for this

He is blogging about it
Ah, your right. Nvm my comment then
Still I do agree with you on everything you posted up there. Nice to see a person in this would who isn't a close minded moron.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is such bullshit...

Now the Lesbians are going to get hated on EVEN MORE for being the cause of canceling the prom. Like they probably don't get enough shit already because they're Lesbians.

Wow, I feel bad for them. Hope they cope with this.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
Yes, because a pair of lesbians affect education. Yes, people, according to them, lesbians are a threat to your safety and wellbeing.

Or it was canceled for their safety, the ignorant hicks might have raided the prom to try and kill the gay, or raided the entire school in an effort to "cleanse" the area.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
shinkukage09 said:

Or it was canceled for their safety, the ignorant hicks might have raided the prom to try and kill the gay, or raided the entire school in an effort to "cleanse" the area.

Meh. I suppose you have a point, but still.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
2 lesbians? THe red blooded male would be all over that shit!!! Yeah, the decision was probably taken because they felt they were protecting the couple concerned but its bullshit

Just portrays the stereotype of Americans being bible-bashing right wing extremist out to kill anything that doesn't fit with their norm (something I know not to be true) Right to marry whoever they want should be a something everybody has but the problem is that there's always somebody (usually a religious figure) trying to stop this happening. It happened a few years ago in the UK when Civil Partnerships were introduced, last year (I think) there was a threatened church split over a homosexual Minister in Aberdeen! These are just silly, misguided people...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
BeatriceTheGolden said:
If I were two lesbians, I wouldn't have asked the school if we could go together in the first place.
If you were 2 lesbians you'd have some nasty split personality issues...

BeatriceTheGolden said:
QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Mar 12 2010, 02:02 PM) stereotype of Americans being bible-bashing right wing extremist out to kill anything that doesn't fit with their norm (something I know not to be true)
lolwut
Sorry, obviously this slang is local to my area. It means someone who believes incredibly fervently in Christianity etc. I'd probably go along the extreme of creationist taking everything literally and generally acts ignorant of any other argument.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It seems to me the school is screwed either way. If they allow lesbians, they get crap from the local community. If they ban lesbians, they get crap from the rest of the world. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
I believe the term he was looking for was potentially "bible-thumper"

As I said, in my school we use "bible basher" that way. I don't know why when it does sound like its somebody being negative of the bible but its what I've gone through 5 years of secondary school hearing.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Brian117 said:
That is such bullshit...

Now the Lesbians are going to get hated on EVEN MORE for being the cause of canceling the prom. Like they probably don't get enough shit already because they're Lesbians.

Wow, I feel bad for them. Hope they cope with this.

Yeah exactly. I saw this today (this morning) and I was in a RAGE mood all day. It's not pleasant, although I wanted to do that at my prom. (I didn't because it was all my single friends - and it was a gathering of single people.)

Seriously annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk