Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
are there still many issues for bluetooth LE compatibility?
Most of the existing issues still remain, but I've been working hard on reverse engineering the relevant code, reading specs etc, so I have a much better idea of what's going on in general. I've also started implementing the relevant framework for handling the controllers, so when the time comes and I know how to resolve the issues I have, everything else will be ready.

Reactions: cearp and Kurama008

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Last edited by Zumoly,

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to connect both my Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4 controllers wirelessly using MissionControl v0.9.1. Thank you for your great work Ndeadly. I am running OFW 16.0.2 with AMS 1.5.2.

Reactions: ndeadly

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is this compatible with HOS 16.0.2? It is making the Switch panic and reboot whenever I try to pair the controller.

Edit: My bad. I remembered one of your recommendations @ndeadly and removed all of my pairing data and it worked.
Curious about the error message and which controller you were using. Removing the pairing data generally isn't needed, and not doing so certainly shouldn't result in a crash either way. It's just a troubleshooting step that seems to work in some cases when controllers just won't pair for some reason.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Curious about the error message and which controller you were using. Removing the pairing data generally isn't needed, and not doing so certainly shouldn't result in a crash either way. It's just a troubleshooting step that seems to work in some cases when controllers just won't pair for some reason.
Sorry I didn't get a screenshot of it but it basically said a panic error occurred and would prompt me to press power button to reboot. My right joycon would say it has low battery although it was full.
I uninstalled syscon but the error kept repeating so I removed the pairing data.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry I didn't get a screenshot of it but it basically said a panic error occurred and would prompt me to press power button to reboot. My right joycon would say it has low battery although it was full.
I uninstalled syscon but the error kept repeating so I removed the pairing data.
Weird. If it happens again try to get the error report so I can see if I can fix the issue.

Reactions: Zumoly

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know if it's missioncontrol. But my usb ports on my dock don't pair my pro controllers or allow gamecube adapter inputs. It works fine in sysnand, and with another switch in the same dock. I had this issue before and did a reboot and it fixed it, this time it's not? Any ideas?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know if it's missioncontrol. But my usb ports on my dock don't pair my pro controllers or allow gamecube adapter inputs. It works fine in sysnand, and with another switch in the same dock. I had this issue before and did a reboot and it fixed it, this time it's not? Any ideas?
Are you using the latest release in the link above your post? This release is specifically about fixing an issue with USB functionality like you describe.

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you using the latest release in the link above your post? This release is specifically about fixing an issue with USB functionality like you describe.
oh perfect thank you, i didnt notice i had 0.9.1 as i checked less than a week ago, thanks for the speedy fix!

Kiel2040

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, just asking if its possible to use headphones on the dualsense audio plug. Is there any configuration that needs to be changed?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am using a PS4 controller, and due to its poor battery performance, adjusting it may improve its battery life.
Currently there is no way to adjust the intensity for these controllers. I'm not sure how much of a difference this would actually make to the battery life anyway. I've heard the biggest offenders are the touchpad and lightbar when it comes to battery drain.
Hi, just asking if its possible to use headphones on the dualsense audio plug. Is there any configuration that needs to be changed?
No, and I don't really think it's practical to do so. As far as I know, nobody has documented how it works on the controller, Bluetooth audio support on the console is already known to be mediocre due to bandwidth limitations, and re-routing audio to a controller sounds like a pain. Audio output is also kind of out of scope for Mission Control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?