Hacking Missing Wiiware covers on GameTDB

  • Thread starter Thread starter VashTS
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,589
  • Replies Replies 5

VashTS

Beat it, son
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
4,326
Reaction score
978
Trophies
1
Age
42
Location
Upstate NY
XP
4,172
Country
United States
So I'm tired of seeing all these missing full HQ covers in Wiiflow. I think I want to start making the missing covers, but its a large task. Anyone want to help? BTW this is for NTSC USA only.

Got the list from USB Loader GX.
https://docs.google....VmN5ZmlBakZqSnc

Feel free to fill this in. I made it so anyone with the link can edit it.

This : http://gbatemp.net/t...tes-wii-beta-3/ is probably the best bet for making the covers. Thanks spayrosam! Your tools are always handy.

I made some progress.

Here is the shared folder on my google drive. If someone wants to add these to gametdb go right ahead, last time i tried to make an account it denied me upload access. I don't care about the credit at all, make it easier for everyone and add them please!
https://docs.google....VdfbTZEaEE/edit


very good location for info images: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s4J6PZ2Jc20fq4gmrxowLK6kcfA8M112
also i use google images of course.

just in case you can't figure out how to use autojaquettes:
unzip the file to a dir of your choice (example c:\autojaquettes).

inside that folder you will "input' and out "output". the input folder is where you store images, there are three needed to complete a cover.

the file names MUST be : info1.jpg info2.jpg backgroundinfo.jpg

in the input directory is also a text file named "description.txt" this is where the game info goes. the format is VERY specific, keep the spacing EXACTLY as it is. the categories in there are quite self explanatory. title id is the 4 digit ID (eg WFFE, see my google doc list its all in there), the name and subtitle i make the same, please use the same title in the google doc spreadsheet for uniformity. and description i pull from gametdb.com, most games have description even if they have no covers, if not there i get it from the nintendo.com link above.

once all is read, run autojaquettes and choose all appropriate options. when i do this i'm filling out the actual info, just putting in the same for all as it will be too time consuming to fill it all in properly.
 
glad to see some replies! i have worked on it again, but only very little as i do not have much free time :( but i love being with my son so i cannot complain :)

i can probably zip them up for quicker download, for now its just one by one. and if you want to help just simply make the covers and post a link. i'll add it to my google drive for free distribution. it seems autojaquettes stopped making any other covers, so full covers it is only from here on out! that's all i want anyway.
 
Hey Vash! Good to see someone else interested in making full Wiiware covers... I had just added a bunch of databases for missing games on gametdb.. I'll check out your link, and add whatever I can :)

Edit: They look great man! Would it be possible to PM me the covers zipped up? I'll get them uploaded to gametdb ASAP!
 

Site & Scene News