Missing Voices from your Past,that you miss.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning. 1tee.gif

Listening to Rod Stewart Songs this Morning....
And thinking:

"Oh dear,how do I miss this great and unique Voice...."

Thank God,I do no longer listen to our Austrian Radioprogram.....but when I am somewhere where the Radio is playing,I also think
"Where are those Character Voices from my youth ?"

Politics is not so my preferred "Listening Area/Target".
If I unavoidably "catch" a News Broadcast somewhere in between,I think "Oh Dear...not the One again...."
(Politicans im my Youth were mostly handsome Characters with a defining Voice)

It is not a Matter of "Everything was better in the past".

I think,People like our Temp´s "Original and Grandfather" @FAST6191 maybe miss the Voice from Churchill in the
BBC 5 O´Clock News...:P

But Voices from your Past can be maybe also a......beloved Person(s) who passed away...

Do you also miss some "Voices from the Past" ? :)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Churchill, some recordings of him speaking supposedly aren't his actual voice. He had a voice actor for a few of his radio broadcasts named Norman Shelley who would speak for him. Churchill was often drunk and very busy with war affairs (of course) which is what necessitated a voice actor for him, he really just didn't like to speak in general. That's why Norman Shelley had to step in.
Of course whether or not this is true is subject to debate between historians and I'll let you reach your own conclusions, but it's an interesting anecdote nonetheless.
https://winstonchurchill.org/resour...hurchills-wartime-speeches-over-the-wireless/
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2000/oct/29/uknews.theobserver

As far as voices I personally miss, definitely my grandmother. She died of cancer when I was about 13 years old. It was a pivotal time in my life between being a child still and growing into my teenage years, and I was still pretty ignorant about death then, I didn't even cry when she died because I don't think I fully understood it and was caught up in the beginnings of my teenage angst. I still think of her now 5 years later and it makes me cry sometimes (though I'm really not a big crier). It makes me wish I could go back in time and speak to her more, or I'd at least wish for her to see who I've become, I think she'd be proud. Alas, that's not really possible, but if I could hear anyone's voice again, it would be hers for sure.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare