The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Trailer up:

What bugs me is that there is significantly less futuristic technology evident than in the movie. I know this is due to the budget constraints but still.

Thoughts?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overuse of bong sounds, at this point for me I think it about 3 uses away from Wilhelm scream.
Giving away significant chunks of the plot (though how much of that is from having seen the film I am not sure*, equally some of that might be spread out over two or three episodes). That said with a bit of editing that might have even made a passable short film, sidequel, intro sequence or something like that. In fact I would not be surprised to see less cohesive world building in the show proper.

*it is a 13 year old film now, and not the most successful, so I would possibly argue the audience would need a refresher of you could expect a good chunk of the audience to be coming in cold.

It is not as bad as some of the examples on the video linked but I still wanted to note it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Giving away significant chunks of the plot (though how much of that is from having seen the film I am not sure*, equally some of that might be spread out over two or three episodes).
I don't think any of what we've seen is crucial to the plot, looks more like introducing the setting than any real plot reveal. Definitely no spoilers. They just listed the basic points for those who didn't see or don't remember the movie and how it ties in with the show, and a few explosions.

And I believe they only used the pilot episode in the trailer. I don't think we've seen anything of the (inevitable) overarching plot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0