Hacking Mini SD Adapters on GBA SP and Micro

dazzlindiaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if anybody knew if the brand of Mini SD card can affect a ROM's ability to play on the GBA. I have a SanDisk 1GB Mini SD card plugged into an EZ Flash IV and am having trouble with some ROMs that other people say play just fine on their GBA with the same adapter. Most people say that they have no problem with any ROM using the EZ Flash IV.

Also, does it make a difference whether you use a GBA SP or Micro? I have a Micro because I wanted a GBA that was convenient to carry on a daily basis, so I was wondering if Mini SD adapters, Mini SD memory cards, or ROMs can act differently on the two devices. I know that there are some differences between the two, but I just assumed GBA functionality would be the same.

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA roms should not be affected by memory card as data is copied to RAM or NOR first.
Try one of the earlier loaders (24th of July if memory serves, it was the one before the compact and deluxe were added). Search sosukes for methods on creating a custom loader with older GBA version and new DS if you want as well.

The only difference between the SP and GBM will be lack of GBC support which will not be the slightest difference anyhow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E