Link cable between EZFlash Omega DE & Everdrive Mini

L00ping

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!
I just bought a 4-way link cable, and I can't get it to work between my two GBAs : one with an Everdrive Mini and the other with an EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition.
On the Everdrive Mini, I disabled quck load so it loads the BIOS.
And on the EZ Flash Omega DE, I use Multiboot by launching the game pressing L+A.

So far it didn't work so I'm even wondering if my cable is functioning, but maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's not possible in the first place, I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just bought a 4-way link cable
I knew someone in school with one, and we always looked down on it - it was certainly inferior to the other common kind of 3rd party cable (the best one that could be switched between GB/C and GBA modes) but I don't remember if it had compatibility problems with GBA titles...

Flashcards SHOULD not matter here (you're using the clean boot options too, without reset/savestate/cheat features, just in case the extra patches mess with serial port access, right?)

Does communication fail at some point, or is the cable completely ignored?

L00ping

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The cable is totally ignored, and I use Clean Boot on the EZFlash and disable Quick Start on the Everdrive.
But I bought a 2 way Link Cable, and it worked first time, I made again the same tests with the 4 way cable and it appears to be non functioning, as reported by other buyers.
So, yes, case closed ^^ Thank you for your interest :)

Reactions: Ryccardo

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, it could be broken or just designed wrong (obvious case would be using a GB/C cable with GBA software, but those don't exist in 4 player type and you don't accidentally manufacture a "GB 4 player adapter" clone)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol