Minecraft WiiU Edition World Editing?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Fatih120, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Fatih120
    OP

Fatih120 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Canada
    Cornwall, Ontario
    Does anyone here know if we can pull such a thing off?
    This is what I know so far.
    There are two files for each world in the save data. One is an .ext file, in which I assume stores some basic info and settings about the world as I've checked using a hex editor. The other does not have an extension, but I am 100% sure that it includes the world data because they each are about 6mb. The data is all in that file, I guess, so how could we get our hands on editing or importing PC maps? Would we have to compress it in some way? Is it a lost cause? Or is it perhaps just a matter of file renaming?
    I have a hope we could, but at the same time I feel like it can't happen. I know how to change skins to use custom ones, but worlds are likely on another level that's pretty high up.

2. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It depends on either the one Data is an archive with the other "pc save" files in it or if its a completely new save method that needs to be reversed to be somewhat compatible.

Do you know if MC wii u is a java or PE fork?

3. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    The Wii U version of Minecraft likely contains a different world format to the Anvil format used on the PC edition. All we need to do is decode this new format, and then converters are easy from that point.

No, its a fork of the Xbox/PS versions. :P

4. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The

I thought they were forks from the PE.
    Well, then its really a matter of reversing the file

VinLark and CreeperMario like this.
  5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    I always thought they were the PE format like somebody above said. Maybe somebody will come out with a converter for it. That would be sweet

CreeperMario likes this.