Gaming Minecraft: Wii U Edition file size is stunning!

MegAmi24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised the size of Minecraft: Wii U Edition is just over half a gigabyte! Like seriously, how do they make a game with lots of content that small?!

D

Deleted User

Minecraft on Wii U looks awesome in my opinion. My computer cant run minecraft so Wii U is the best I've got. Pretty good filesize.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not how minecraft works. Minecraft is a small game. Really small. The only thing is that the file size grows as you create and load more of the world.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely never gonna happen now that ms has the minecraft ip
Microsoft had the Minecraft IP well before it was announced for Wii U I think. so Microsoft chose to bring it to Wii U. it would actually be that the 3DS isn't powerful enough.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
most likely never gonna happen now that ms has the minecraft ip
It's a guaranteed million seller at $30 so they're just burning money.

The battleminer/cube creator 3d clones are still charting in Japan several months after release. You could only imagine what the real deal would do, lol.

@ihaveamac the clones seem decent enough grahically. the minecraft world doesn't necessarily have to be gigantic.

Last edited by zoogie,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft had the Minecraft IP well before it was announced for Wii U I think. so Microsoft chose to bring it to Wii U. it would actually be that the 3DS isn't powerful enough.
might have been in development long before the acquisition, idk
it runs sort of okish on the vita, draw distance is pretty poor and the framerate has some problems when loading new chunks which is all the time, its most likely the 3ds just doesnt have the hardware power as you said and majong as lazy when it comes to optimization, it still doesnt run that great even on a powerful pc

duyluan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But why do anyone want to play minecraft on 3ds? Like Terraria, they port it to the 3ds and it's consider as the worst version of Terraria yet to be release! 3ds doesn't have the spec to run the game smoothly, and if it does(talking about the new 3ds) the game gonna be like the worst graphic ever. So if they gonna intend to make/port the game to the 3ds, i hope they make it a new 3ds exclusive, so the game doesn't look like crap! If the graphic gonna be like equal or even half as good as Monster Hunter Generation, i think i rather take the PC version!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why do anyone want to play minecraft on 3ds? Like Terraria, they port it to the 3ds and it's consider as the worst version of Terraria yet to be release! 3ds doesn't have the spec to run the game smoothly, and if it does(talking about the new 3ds) the game gonna be like the worst graphic ever. So if they gonna intend to make/port the game to the 3ds, i hope they make it a new 3ds exclusive, so the game doesn't look like crap! If the graphic gonna be like equal or even half as good as Monster Hunter Generation, i think i rather take the PC version!
new 3ds exclusive won't always mean its better, just take a look at the n3ds exclusive binding of isaac
and also you will cut profits significantly if you make it exclusive on a system that not many people have

duyluan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
new 3ds exclusive won't always mean its better, just take a look at the n3ds exclusive binding of isaac
and also you will cut profits significantly if you make it exclusive on a system that not many people have
I just remember that minecraft also available on IOS and android, so if someone want to play it on the go, i think play on mobile is a way better option! And about the profit thing, i don't know if the game gonna sell less or more if it's a exclusive on a specific system. Just hope that the new 3ds sell more than PS vita.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1