Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
dib said:
I suppose this proves once and for all that monetary support doesn't necessarily deliver frequent improvements or developer support.
At least Minecraft is supported by its developers, can't say that of many other games.
Isn't it still technically in beta phase? And they can't be arsed to port it to any other systems and provide some interoperability, which is something a lot of people seem to want.

At $33 million, this game should be one of the most polished games in existence. Yet my understanding is that it remains buggy and underdeveloped.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
Berthenk said:
dib said:
I suppose this proves once and for all that monetary support doesn't necessarily deliver frequent improvements or developer support.
At least Minecraft is supported by its developers, can't say that of many other games.
Isn't it still technically in beta phase? And they can't be arsed to port it to any other systems and provide some interoperability, which is something a lot of people seem to want.

At $33 million, this game should be one of the most polished games in existence. Yet my understanding is that it remains buggy and underdeveloped.
Notch didn't ask for it to become this famous, it just did. And although development is slow, it's not really his fault. I doubt he expected Minecraft to get this popular.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
...That doesn't dispute anything I just said.
You said that at $33 million it should be the most polished game in existence. And I was trying to say that that doesn't have to be the case as the fame was not perceived or necessarily wanted.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dib said:
...That doesn't dispute anything I just said.
Money does not make games, you know?

dib said:
Berthenk said:
QUOTE(dib @ Apr 7 2011, 07:36 PM) I suppose this proves once and for all that monetary support doesn't necessarily deliver frequent improvements or developer support.

Tell me, which developer does something "a lot of people" seem to want?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
Sausage Head said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Sausage Head said:
Right now the game is full of glitches that haven't been fixed in over 4 months.
For example once you've switched to fullscreen mode and back, you can't use the GUI anymore.
Hence the reason it's in BETA.
Admittedly, some glitches should of been fixed a while back, but I doubt he knows every single glitch in the game. But there is a reason the games in BETA. You can't expect it to be glitchless.

You forgot this:
The full game should be worth €10 IMO.

€15 bucks for a (beta) game full of glitches is too much.

Sorry, you saying that is pure ignorance. I paid $10 for it at Alpha, and I'd gladly pay $30 once the full one comes out. Why? Because it's given me more playtime then any other game I currently own. 200+ Hours AT LEAST. Plus, no, contrary to popular belief, it's NOT that glitchy.
Haven't had any glitches personally, it's always run fine to be honest.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Oveneise said:
Good for Mojang. Studios like them deserve the money they get, and its people like me and my friends that are proud for giving a tiny sum of our money for hours (days, even) of gameplay. Don't pirate the game: support Mojang.

Well Notch is a member of the Swedish Pirate Party. If anything you should support his political aspirations and pirate the game!

Wow. I never knew that! Kind of ironic, to be honest. But I'm still glad I payed for it. He deserves my money (plus the legit servers are awesome, especially hpcraft.)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
Berthenk said:
dib said:

Implying that only a few guys are capable of quickly fixing every single thing while pushing new updates out the door as well...Notch and company have done more bug fixing with an unfinished games then big name developers have with their finished games that have already been released onto the market. I have seen a variety of bugs concerning a number of games that I bought on Steam and none of them have been updated or had any content added to them, especially for free.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Oveneise said:
Good for Mojang. Studios like them deserve the money they get, and its people like me and my friends that are proud for giving a tiny sum of our money for hours (days, even) of gameplay. Don't pirate the game: support Mojang.

Well Notch is a member of the Swedish Pirate Party. If anything you should support his political aspirations and pirate the game!

Wow. I never knew that! Kind of ironic, to be honest. But I'm still glad I payed for it. He deserves my money (plus the legit servers are awesome, especially hpcraft.)
First of all, that's not what ironic means.

Second, the pirate party doesn't object to paying or charging for software. What they oppose is unbalanced copyright law that favors IP holders and corporations, whom leverage their legal protections as a means of control against consumers and individuals. If the Minecraft developer takes his $33 million and lobbies government for the benefit of his bottom line, then he would be in conflict (still not ironic) with the party principles.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you dib, now i don't have to say anything
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol