FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So i have been getting addicted to minecraft lately so i'm gonna write a blog on it.
Day 1 was easy, all i did was chop down afew tree's and make the logs into wood, then abit into sticks.
Made a Crafting Table, Wooden Sword, Wooden Pickaxe, Wooden Pick, Wooden Axe, Wooden Shovel.
I got some dirt and made a house, like this

X1XXX
X20TX
X000X
X000X
X000X
XXXXX
X=Dirt
0=Empty
1=Door
2=Pressure Pad
T=Crafting Table

All was going great and the first night was a walk in the park.
Then Day 2 i wanted some coal to get some candles to light up my house and make it abit more safe around the house.
Couldn't find any near the house i travelled further away.
I found a gold-mine of coal, i was so happy but it was starting to get dark so i was going back to the house, but, yep, i was lost...
Near my house was heaps of mobs.
they attacked me and i died.
I went back to retrieve my items and died again, this happened about 4 times.
So i stayed the night in a hole i made in the wall, it was near my house so that was good.
when i got back at morning the zombies were burning, the spiders were friendly and the green, [censored] looking things were exploding, but i managed to get 2 Gunpowder
smile.gif

I chopped alot of wood and made new wooden items.
I replaced my floor with wood and got a big chest into my house to store my items.
Day 3 was a success.

I recorded a video of it cause i wanted to make a Lets Play Minecraft but the quality was terrible.
I'm using CamStudio, anyone got an idea of a better screen recorder?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Julian Sidewind said:
Protip:
Hit F3, it'll show coordinates. Write down the coordinates of your house, and if you are lost, hit F3 and see which way to walk.
alternatively, just build 2 tall columns right next to each other as high as you can go, then go back down by destroying one of them, then you house will be right next to the huge column if u get lost, btw u should put torches on the column

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Julian Sidewind said:
Protip:
Hit F3, it'll show coordinates. Write down the coordinates of your house, and if you are lost, hit F3 and see which way to walk.
alternatively, just build 2 tall columns right next to each other as high as you can go, then go back down by destroying one of them, then you house will be right next to the huge column if u get lost, btw u should put torches on the column
that was the reason why I built a light house

but now I have a compass so no need

anyway I hope you built your house right near your spawn point
I was lucky enough to have a generated level that had a huge cave system right under where I built my house

also with a wood pickax you should get some stone (which should be all over the place) and make stone tools now

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way an important part of exploration is making temporary structures usually just made of dirt so you can avoid those annoying mobs and since the beta 1.2 update you can make charcoal which is identical to coal by burning a log so you can make a few torches just with one tree.
Also look at my awsome castle:
10nyzyh.png

It stretches from the maximum height you can build at down to bedrock and each layer required 64 blocks of cobblestone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1