Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, I've noticed that, the guru meditation error when placing a torch and then remove it still exists....

And, when we're get stuck on a block, pressing A makes a big jump....this was also in the previous version.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Looking forward to a public beta smealum. This looks awesome, and the texture pack selection thing is great.

This might just be the greatest homebrew project on the DS ever made.

nasenhund

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pointless... I know, but... wow: Keep going!
smile.gif

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
BTW: The IRC Still lives people, and it always will:

DSCraft IRC

@Any wannabe beta testers: Smealum has already stated on the IRC that there should be a release before the 20th. Plus, we already have about 10 beta testers.
tongue.gif

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Bmcs said:
Ok

Not sure if all the beta testers tried the new version, but i think i may have found a bug.

I made kind of a temple, a big thing, and everything went good, but, i saved and quit the game, and when i went to play it again, i noticed that were some weird blocks on the structure that wasn't there before...i tried to change between textures and didn't solve it, no matter how texture pack i use, the blocks are there. This is hard to explain, but i'll try to do it, the problem with the blocks is that they become darker and form a straight line (it's not shadow from torches, i used some torches and i thought that was the problem, but i removed them and the problem remain), also i thought the problem was shadows from some holes that were there, but i closed every hole and didn't help, i even closed the all temple (it had some holes in it for the light to enter), but the problem persists...

Now, one thing i noticed is that, i'm pretty sure that the problem has something to do with the sun light, because, the darker blocks move from the outside of the temple to the inside of it as soon as the sun passes to the other side of the temple....but then again, it also happens at night, so, i'm not sure

Some images:

*snip*
Thanks for reporting ! I think lucasade had already reported this bug actually, but I had no idea what caused it. But thanks to this, I think I have a pretty good idea of what the problem might be.
smile.gif

TheDreamLord said:
tagzard said:
It looks good. But how do you think it will run? I HATE LAG!!!
it doesnt lag AT ALL
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm trying to get the game to run as smoothly as possible and on most setups it should work well (especially once I deactivate all that debug stuff). However, a bad/slow SD card can make it lag, unfortunately (at least, the map streaming wouldn't be seamless).

BreafingBread said:
Smealum, did you added something new? Give a report please.
Nothing the report, sorry.

QUOTE(Bmcs @ Aug 11 2011, 07:40 PM)
Also, I've noticed that, the guru meditation error when placing a torch and then remove it still exists....

And, when we're get stuck on a block, pressing A makes a big jump....this was also in the previous version.
Try taking note of the address next time the guru happens please.
As for the super jump "bug", how did you get stuck in a block ? If it was by using noclip mode, then it's completely irrelevant since that's a debug feature.

QUOTE(ron975 @ Aug 11 2011, 08:21 PM)
Looking forward to a public beta smealum. This looks awesome, and the texture pack selection thing is great.

This might just be the greatest homebrew project on the DS ever made.
Please don't say that.
tongue.gif
I appreciate the complement, but there are tons of great other projects.
smile.gif
(plus you haven't even tried my game
tongue.gif
)

Anyway... I'm on vacation right now. So yeah, development is going to slow down for a while, I won't be posting as much, sorry. But as lucasade said, I'll definitely be releasing something on august the 20th, so at least you have a release date right ?
tongue.gif

Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cant wait these 9 days xD And I think this homebew is the best homebrew project EVER! Oh just a question, is the guru mediation error when jumping too high allready fixed?

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
Thanks for reporting ! I think lucasade had already reported this bug actually, but I had no idea what caused it. But thanks to this, I think I have a pretty good idea of what the problem might be.
smile.gif

Try taking note of the address next time the guru happens please.
As for the super jump "bug", how did you get stuck in a block ? If it was by using noclip mode, then it's completely irrelevant since that's a debug feature.

Ok, i was thinking of sharing the map with you so that you can see for yourself the problem, so, if you want, let me know...
Ok, i will next time...
Yeah, it's with noclip, so, no problem there
biggrin.gif

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DroRox said:
8 days? That's an eternity!
ohnoes.png

This is sure to be added to the DS homebrew essential list!
Good job smealum and team!
biggrin.gif
Definately, all the game will have 30 or so votes and DSCraft will have thousands (overexaggerated). Cant wait for this to finish, good luck.

homunkulus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great job smealum! These Pictures of dscraft are great.
bow.gif
I think it would be amazing, when you add local multiplayer support to dscraft without Wifi. So, we could play multiplayer without internet connection like in Mario Kart or something like that.
I searched for homebrew with this option, but i haven't senn many of them. But in Laser Hockey DS and walkietalkie 0v3 you can transfer data between two ds.
Maybe you could make it like they did in these homebrews. That would be pretty cool.
smile.gif

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
homunkulus said:
Great job smealum! These Pictures of dscraft are great.
bow.gif
I think it would be amazing, when you add local multiplayer support to dscraft without Wifi. So, we could play multiplayer without internet connection like in Mario Kart or something like that.
I searched for homebrew with this option, but i haven't senn many of them. But in Laser Hockey DS and walkietalkie 0v3 you can transfer data between two ds.
Maybe you could make it like they did in these homebrews. That would be pretty cool.
smile.gif
one problem. not many people will have this piece of homebrew. Wi-Fi would be better
tongue.gif

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
@smealum: More stuff happening, this time i noticed that, when i was traveling in the map, i found one block corrupted, and by that i mean, i could see trough it...
Then (and i know this also happened with another beta tester), there was one zone in the map that only was streaming when i was in top of it....and i mean, really on top of it...
Also, I've noticed that, in the item bar, some blocks are not well rendered, like the "dirt with grass" block and the 8th square is empty, and when selecting it, the block appears (in the hand) half visible.
And about that Guru Meditation error, here:

pc: 0202252C addr: 1616161A

homunkulus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(homunkulus @ Aug 12 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Great job smealum! These Pictures of dscraft are great. bow.gif I think it would be amazing, when you add local multiplayer support to dscraft without Wifi. So, we could play multiplayer without internet connection like in Mario Kart or something like that.
Maybe you could make it like they did in these homebrews. That would be pretty cool. smile.gif

one problem. not many people will have this piece of homebrew. Wi-Fi would be better tongue.gif
homunkulus Posted Today, 05:14 PM

I think you get me wrong. I just wanted to say that local multiplayer support in dscraft would be cool. These homebrews above are just an example that it would be possible. You wouldn't need them to play dscraft in local multiplayer mode
wink.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
ohnoes.png
August 20th? I'm going to vacation at exactly that day, that means I won't be able to DL it until I get to the hotel at night
ohnoes.png

Going to Chicago for 4 days
biggrin.gif
But no MCDS to play when in the tour bus.. And the amount of time it takes to get from Toronto to Chicago takes..
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw