OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
tower.png

Not much new, but I've added very basic saving capabilities, so now everything I make doesn't go to waste.
tongue.gif

reaperdamonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if this has already been asked, but when can we expect to be able to play this amazing creation of yours? Please PLEASE keep up the good work, what you are doing is amazing! I'm suprised notch hasn't asked you to work on his behalf making a DS port!
ninja.gif

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
tower.png

Not much new, but I've added very basic saving capabilities, so now everything I make doesn't go to waste.
tongue.gif

Wow, unbelievable, i was just going to post a comment talking about save capabilities and then i saw your post
laugh.gif

How well can the game handle some heavy stuff? like, let's say, a big cathedral or something else?

And how about the physics of the water?

You're doing a great job with this, and i think i speak for all of us when i say that, you can count on us to help you out in anything you need
bow.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to test some texture packs, and the perfect way to start is by using one pack with super mario textures
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the bad quality, i'm trying to find out a better way to make screenshots....

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
EDIT: Did you fix Guru Meditation error and the bug where you can see through blocks when your face is next to them?
Yeah, the guru meditation error was fixed some time ago.
smile.gif
As for being ablo to see through blocks, no, not yet, I haven't reworked the collisions.

reaperdamonkey said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but when can we expect to be able to play this amazing creation of yours? Please PLEASE keep up the good work, what you are doing is amazing! I'm suprised notch hasn't asked you to work on his behalf making a DS port!
ninja.gif

I'm glad you like it.
smile.gif
But please don't expect too much, you shouldn't lose sight of the fact that this is only going to be a very limited version of the game, so don't get overexcited.
tongue.gif

Bmcs said:
How well can the game handle some heavy stuff? like, let's say, a big cathedral or something else?
I'm not going to lie, the engine is limited and it most likely will struggle with very heavy structures (meaning it probably won't have a very high depth of view when you look at structures with lots of blocks. I did try making my tower taller though as a test and it still works.
tongue.gif

tower2.png

QUOTE(Bmcs @ Jul 22 2011, 08:44 PM) And how about the physics of the water?
So far, no actual water physics to speak of, but I'll be working on having a simple water-spreading system.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Bmcs @ Jul 22 2011, 08:44 PM)
I decided to test some texture packs, and the perfect way to start is by using one pack with super mario textures
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the bad quality, i'm trying to find out a better way to make screenshots....

That's awesome !
biggrin.gif
When the next demo releases though there'll hopefully be support for proper texture packs, so adapting them manually won't be necessary, but that's still pretty cool.
tongue.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
going the good way it seems. Boy, you keep getting my intrest, it's even spiking now! I would love to play this over and over again
biggrin.gif
, I hope someone can make some tex packs, else, if you tell me what files you use, I could create one, with the (limited) spritin skills I have.

reaperdamonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend you are far too modest! What you're doing, to me at least, is truly awesome! A portable version of Minecraft, limited or not, is exactly what everybody wants!

I know it's incredibly early days yet, but what are you thoughts on multiplayer? Wifi connectivity etc? Would download play be a possibility? Would the DS be able to handle multiplayer? Would your DS name be your character name?

You are making both me and my kids very happy! As long as we can mine a bit and build stuff on our DS', we'll be your loyal supporters!

yaynds.gif

Edit: Sorry for getting overexcited! xD I'm just a big kid really!

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So there will be only building, huh?
That's great. I really liked normal Minecraft. New versions, where you have to actually craft instead of just having fun with building are crap.

me7i the amazin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.morganbellas12.weebly.com
XP
Country
reaperdamonkey said:
My friend you are far too modest! What you're doing, to me at least, is truly awesome! A portable version of Minecraft, limited or not, is exactly what everybody wants!

I know it's incredibly early days yet, but what are you thoughts on multiplayer? Wifi connectivity etc? Would download play be a possibility? Would the DS be able to handle multiplayer? Would your DS name be your character name?

You are making both me and my kids very happy! As long as we can mine a bit and build stuff on our DS', we'll be your loyal supporters!

yaynds.gif

there has already been one made for psp, its called lamecraft and its awesome and 3D

reaperdamonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
me7i the amazin said:
reaperdamonkey said:

yaynds.gif

there has already been one made for psp, its called lamecraft and its awesome and 3D

Sounds pretty awesome, only I traded in my PSP a few months back cuz I got bored of it! So this DS version has me very excited!
yaynds.gif

Albert X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just registered to comment on your brilliant piece of work! I love it, but when will you release an update of this project? Because I like digging caves, but it crashes every five minutes and it really pisses me off, so can you please upload an update so I can actually play longer than five minutes?!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albert X said:
I just registered to comment on your brilliant piece of work! I love it, but when will you release an update of this project? Because I like digging caves, but it crashes every five minutes and it really pisses me off, so can you please upload an update so I can actually play longer than five minutes?!

umm.... how are you playing? the download's been taken down and if you registered today then you would not have been able to download in the period of time it was available for download....

Anyway, I can't wait for this project. It's amazing and has great potential. Surely you can release the download now though as you now have a different texture pack???
unsure.gif

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I can't really upload a new version as I've started working on a lot of new stuff and non of it is done yet, and I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing something that's half-done.
You can always download the version DEElekgolo uploaded here : http://www.filedropper.com/mcdsunofficial
It's the old version, just with new textures. It will still crash after a while though, so you'll have to wait for a new version to fix that problem.

And FYI, yesterday I added basic texture pack support (textures are now loaded directly from a terrain.png file), I started working on a bottom screen interface and on cave generation !

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
And FYI, yesterday I added basic texture pack support (textures are now loaded directly from a terrain.png file), I started working on a bottom screen interface and on cave generation !

Sound's very promising! I love the custom texture pack support!

Have you started on the physics of certain objects? i.e. sand and water.

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
smealum said:
cave generation !

bow.gif

What's the maximum resolution we can use on textures? 16x16?

Wizerzak said:
smealum said:

Sound's very promising! I love the custom texture pack support!

QUOTE(smealum @ Jul 23 2011, 05:03 PM)
So far, no actual water physics to speak of, but I'll be working on having a simple water-spreading system.
smile.gif
-------

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Bmcs said:
Wizerzak said:

QUOTE(smealum @ Jul 23 2011, 05:03 PM) So far, no actual water physics to speak of, but I'll be working on having a simple water-spreading system.
smile.gif

I saw that post and that's what I mean, has he started on the basic water-spreading system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: IDK WHETHER TO LAUGH, BE AFRAID, OR BOTH